What's new

old biased article Forbes, but says Japan will lead East Asia, not China, your Views?

China is advancing on all fields. Space(Space station, big rocket), communication( Satellite, Quantum, 5G) and transport(HSR and EV, battery)

This article by Forbes is just a propaganda beating the dead horse. Japan is history given the current trend. While China is future. Just like the hedge fund idiots who bet on downtrend of China and get their hands burn. Go ahead if they want to believe Japan is the future of East Asia.
I agree with you, that this Forbes article is a propaganda piece for uneducated people in the West.

But the educated aristocrats, industrialists, and bureaucrats in the West know China is on the rise.

Many of these China economic collapse articles came out during the 2015-2016 Chinese stock market crash. Many used superficial research with questionable logic. There were some hedge funds who bet against China and got slaughtered. There are plenty of corpses in the industry due to this misjudgement. A lot of it was driven by wishful thinking and misdiagnosis. Chinese economy does have its difficulties but not what these "experts" think it is.

I don't believe China is a challenge to USA yet, there is so much ground work to be done but it is no where near the fragility some pundits suppose it to be, it shows their lack of awareness. Actually the more external pressure is applied on China the faster it develops technology and the greater the internal cohesion.

Japan isn't able to be competitive in a broad range of technologies due to its economic scale (limited by current technology). It is also not as economically vibrant as many tout it to be, though still a nice place to have a vacation.

I can empathise with those who say Japan will be the most powerful nation of Asia and not China since they feel much more familiar and at ease with Japan (anime, cameras, cars, VCR, etc.). China for some goes against their world view. Such views are understandable but betting your investments against China is not recommended. Videos like this just plays into wishful thinking:

Outside of geopolitics and recent history many Chinese actually like Japan and Japanese people. It is just that East Asians tend to sound critical much of the time, we don't have that much hate but just sound critical. To be honest China doesn't fear Japan all that much, it is not because Japan isn't strong but China understands the dynamics behind Japan's actions.

17 of the 32 major hotels around Mount Fuji are owned by Chinese.

Japanese drama about Japanese real estate agents selling to Chinese buyers:

Last edited:
and when you talking about China and Japan, don't forget Russia.

I'm always the one who insist a win win strategy between China and USA! If USA falls, it's not good for China. it doesn't mean I have good feeling about USA, it's about pragmatic.

USA is a chain on Japan's neck.

well

its another american ridiculous bluff :nono::nono::nono:

americans never know asian 5000-year-long history

china has magnificently dominated East Asia for thousand years

japan & korea had mostly complied with chinese rules

it was longlasting rules over East Asia

americans may learn asian history

but they don't want to admit it because they hate china

they simply want to ignore chinese power whatsoever

I am rather interested in dissussing why americans hate china so much

(rather than in listening to americans' constant bluffs

and discussing them over and over again here)

:china::china::china:

Last edited:
Japan = Shrinking population + stagnant plateau economy + lack of natural resources + shrinking gap in technology advantage vs China.

China = advancing economy with plenty of room for improvement in per capital term + potentially large natural resources + world class technology + well built global business connections.

Obvious winner is China.

That is where I agree with you. Japan is not a leader. But Japan is technologically advanced though.

And the Japanese are well educated too
Very few people are aware the Japanese are living off of the money made from the 70-80s.
Their civilian technology is not even top dog anymore. Samsung and a few other Chinese companies have much better tech than the Japanese. In military tech, Japan relies on Murica. At least SK Is trying to build their own advance weapons without relying on Murica.

Japan is suffering a demographic time bomb. This fact alone should tell any rational person that Japan won't lead East Asia. Although China will have a demographic shift, it is not going to be nearly as severe or quick as that experienced by Japan ...

Japan = Shrinking population + stagnant plateau economy + lack of natural resources + shrinking gap in technology advantage vs China.

China = advancing economy with plenty of room for improvement in per capital term + potentially large natural resources + world class technology + well built global business connections.

Obvious winner is China.
I recall back in 2010, there was a dispute between Japan and China, which resulted in the latter cutting off supply of rare earth elements. This alone constitutes massive leverage over the Japanese economy; sooner than later, Japanese companies were pleading for their government to settle the dispute. Once again, the stagnant economy of Japan is highly unlikely to become the roaring engine of the 80's ... whereas China still has a long way to go.

That article is wishful thinking. The author of that article should come back when Japan's landmass and population doubles in size. Only then could it have any serious hope at challenging China's economic, industrial, and scientific potential in the next 2 decades.

Guys ... I'm not sure why you are so much annoyed. It is a stupid report based on false assumptions and purely propaganda-related. As such in no way to care about.

Even more it has nothing to do with Chinese military and fits therefore much better in the Far East section ...

Maybe a senior moderator can move it?

Best,
Deino

Yes as China rises on the world stage , Japan will become less important. Japan has a population of 127 million people. While China has a population of 1.3 billion people. Population counts as it means how much influence a country can have. Even India has some influence because of its large population.

I work extensively with the Japanese. The main problem with Japan is not ageing population, not their submissive attitude to the US.

The main problem to Japan, which will kill them gradually and make them the weakest country in East Asia, even behind North Korea or Vietnam, in next 50 - 100 years, let alone being a leader of anyone, is that the new generation are rotten. They are spoiled by Western ideas of individual freedom and stupid ideology like democracy. They work much less than their forefathers, but consume much more. They become too individualist, which is against their forefather spirit. A fragmented society will die, sooner or later.

I work extensively with the Japanese. The main problem with Japan is not ageing population, not their submissive attitude to the US.

The main problem to Japan, which will kill them gradually and make them the weakest country in East Asia, even behind North Korea or Vietnam, in next 50 - 100 years, let alone being a leader of anyone, is that the new generation are rotten. They are spoiled by Western ideas of individual freedom and stupid ideology like democracy. They work much less than their forefathers, but consume much more. They become too individualist, which is against their forefather spirit. A fragmented society will die, sooner or later.
You cannot blame them. The stupid Japan society of seniority ranking which makes any of these youngsters effort useless... They can work double hard as their senior but they can never get the fruit becos these newcomer are never senior enough.

You cannot blame them. The stupid Japan society of seniority ranking which makes any of these youngsters effort useless... They can work double hard as their senior but they can never get the fruit becos these newcomer are never senior enough.
The Chinese members told me about the "Anime generation" of Japan. The Chinese members also told me that the Japanese lost their fighting spirit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom