What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

There were eight Gearings serving in PN at one time or another. I believe all of them were equipped with Phalanx, eventually. If so, than there would be atleast two spare units. However, the two Fleet Replenishment Ships do also have Phalanx installed on them as well. Were they bought seprately or part of the eight?

There were eight Gearings serving in PN at one time or another. I believe all of them were equipped with Phalanx, eventually. If so, than there would be atleast two spare units. However, the two Fleet Replenishment Ships do also have Phalanx installed on them as well. Were they bought seprately or part of the eight?

That is fine but i think a 4000 tonne frigate deserves a lot more than simple CIWS. We should put some good SAM on it.....maybe the same ones as those on the Chinese Type 54A Frigates?

First question is that we are going to get these 6 frigatse, probably "NO"
Then leave the option and go for something else.If we really ned some old stuff too besides getting new stuff from China,we can look in to UK retiring frigate.
Lets hope for the best.

We already have plans to induct 4 Type 054 ships from China and 6 submarines and possibly a squadron of J11 fighters for Navy
OHP would be helpful when they arrive but our focus is getting ships from reliable partner (Ally)

We already have plans to induct 4 Type 054 ships from China and 6 submarines and possibly a squadron of J11 fighters for Navy
OHP would be helpful when they arrive but our focus is getting ships from reliable partner (Ally)
With due respect sir but i think there is nothing going on related to J 11 for navy not even for Air force........ Correct me if m wrong sir

Reports about Induction of 2 Type 54A and 6 Qing class submarines are available by many sources but no valid source claims about J11-B deal.Navy might be in very early stage regarding this deal and then it will take much time to finalise and deliver.I personally dont see this will happen before 2015.
But ofcourse we desperately in need of a strong navl air wing to defend over oceans from enemy naval fighter planes taking off from carriers.

We are getting Type 54 and not Type 54A. Second, talk is about two and not three or four.

The Type 54 might have some modifications done specifically for PN but I presume they will remain confined to communication, accomodation and interoperatability areas.

I have yet to hear a confirmed news of the Type 54A and four not two!

We are getting Type 54 and not Type 54A. Second, talk is about two and not three or four.

The Type 54 might have some modifications done specifically for PN but I presume they will remain confined to communication, accomodation and interoperatability areas.

I have yet to hear a confirmed news of the Type 54A and four not two!

Yeah, both of these are the most plausible, Maánshan and Wenzhou.

okay okay i made a mistake when i use to glorify this ship... but now i have came back to my senses and came to a better conclusion that even a fishing boat serves a better purpose then this fat *** frigate that is more of a cheap cruise ship for PN personals.

It is currently a basic ASW ship.. and will remain so.
The Navy is very interested in the Genesis upgrade offered by Turkey but its coffers say otherwise.

Reports about Induction of 2 Type 54A and 6 Qing class submarines are available by many sources but no valid source claims about J11-B deal.Navy might be in very early stage regarding this deal and then it will take much time to finalise and deliver.I personally dont see this will happen before 2015.
But ofcourse we desperately in need of a strong navl air wing to defend over oceans from enemy naval fighter planes taking off from carriers.

But atleast PAF pilots flew those aircrafts......they may have knowledge of those Big Guns back of their mind..

Pakistan+air+force+China+PAF+PLAAF+Su-30MKK+JF-17+J-10+exercise+Shaheen-1+%25288%2529.jpg

Pakistan+air+force+China+PAF+PLAAF+Su-30MKK+JF-17+J-10+exercise+Shaheen-1+%252810%2529.jpg

Pakistan+air+force+China+PAF+PLAAF+Su-30MKK+JF-17+J-10+exercise+Shaheen-1+%25285%2529.jpg

yes, ofcourse we have some knowledge and experience on those planes, and with the help other friendly nation(KSA) we will have hands on Euro fighter experiience too for which India might go for induction in 2015.

It is currently a basic ASW ship.. and will remain so.
The Navy is very interested in the Genesis upgrade offered by Turkey but its coffers say otherwise.
Sir with a rapid procurment startegy, what can you expect? Navy has always been given a back seat when it comes to distribution of military budget. But at least its a healthy sign that PN has been able to launch a comprehensive revamp program amid changing regional security dynamics.

6+2?
Not all Type 21s got Phalanx, just 3 of them.
At least the ex-Dutch AOR got Phalanx
Hence 4+4
Have to also consider what Block these old Phalanxes are.

i do not think any more Oliver class ships are joining PN, the 5 remaining will probably remain with US

Back
Top Bottom