What's new

Olympic ‘terror visas’ racket Pakistan passport gang is smashed

Is it that easy to get anyone along the official squad of the Olympics ??

Don't think so.

Most probably the guy who was giving the services wanted to make easy money out of the person (from The Sun), thinking him to be a real fool to believe his story.

We all know as how many people get robbed by the hands of such agents who show you dreams of and promises to send you to western countries and many either get killed on the way or the agents vanish after taking their money.

Fake passport is easy, but getting your name in the Olympic team and then crossing immigration counters at airports is not an easy task and if such kind of traveling on fake passports was that easy then we would not have read news of Pakistanis getting killed in boat sinking disasters, or died of lack of oxygen in trucks etc etc.

My guess is the The Sun wanted just a story and they got it with no confirm or real outcome of the sting operation.

Why is it that only terrorists would opt for this offer, why not someone who just wanted to accompany Pakistan's olympic staff? Secondly, this is bogus. Pakistan's Olympic staff and support staff has been announced on national TV and lists have been sent to the Olympic Committee over three months in advance? You think they won't notice an extra couple of chaps? It's just sensationalism, they use Pakistan because you can sell any **** when you say Pakistan's involved.

If it is Fake, Pakistan government should take sun to the court, just like Imran took Botham to the court and won.

Western news papers do their home work before they put their hands on anyone. Judiciary is very strong there, none can just fu k around for no reason.

If this is the case, we'll be seeing them in court but mark my words, this will never happen.

Corruption is part of everything in Pakistan (india too lol) and its a daily routine, If you like in Pakistan, you would know it.

A VISA scam giving potential terrorists the chance to sneak into Britain with Pakistan’s Olympic team has been smashed by The Sun.
We infiltrated a crime ring offering false passports, visas — and access to London 2012 as bogus support staff.

We uncovered a ring of corrupt Pakistani officials and travel staff conspiring with a prominent politician to bypass stringent security.

First they provided our undercover investigator with a genuine Pakistani passport in a false name.

Then leading Lahore politician Abid Chodhary spelled out how for around £7,000 he could get our man a two-month visa — and smuggle him into London 2012 as part of Pakistan’s Olympic squad.

The Sun secretly filmed Mr Chodhary as he explained how easy it was to get into the Olympic Village by masquerading as a member of the athletes’ support team.

We were told we could even take part in Friday’s opening ceremony.

Full text -
Olympic Games ‘terror visas’ racket exposed by The Sun | The Sun |Sport|Olympics

Is nothing sacred?!?

who is abid ch ? :lol: a leading politician from lahore :rofl:

and secondly the sun should know the British embassy doesnot give visa for 2 months- the minimum is 6 months !!

...3. ... all terror against the whites originates from Pakistan. ...atleast the ones related to religion. ...
1. The terror attack in Norway last year too? And the guy who blew up the FBI building? The Sudanese?? boy carrying some fireworks in his shoes was he too from Pakistan? The list would go on.
2. 'unrelated' to religion and related to egos. But that's not the topic here so I'll leave it at that.
3. Thanks for your reasonabl post.

Why is it that only terrorists would opt for this offer, why not someone who just wanted to accompany Pakistan's olympic staff? Secondly, this is bogus. Pakistan's Olympic staff and support staff has been announced on national TV and lists have been sent to the Olympic Committee over three months in advance? You think they won't notice an extra couple of chaps? It's just sensationalism, they use Pakistan because you can sell any **** when you say Pakistan's involved.

Alas.. some people would still believe it, majority of them belonging to our eastern neighbour.

If I was one of the people mentioned in the article, I would be talking to lawyers about a defamation lawsuit for being named as "accessory to terrorism".

Oh Great!!!

Now its on Geo News

The fact behind this is that you can get a fake passport and visa for Olympics Show but Olympics registration is done well before so there is no chance of sending people with Olympic Staff.

I think according to The SUN every dark skinned person is a potential terrorist.
They should be asking the question- what is the point in having British consulates in all these evil uncivilized countries?

3 blunders in the News (identified by Geo News):

1- The news says that any person can become a member of Olympic staff by getting a letter which is authorized by Pakistan Sports Board.
Whereas the Pakistan Sports Board does not hold the authority to nominate or select members for the Olympic staff it only issues a NOC; members are selected by Pakistan Olympic Federation which is a union of all Sport Boards (ie, Pakistan Swimming Federation, Pakistan Gymnastics Federation etc). :eek:

2- The news also says that the man got a fake passport from NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority).
Whereas you don't get a passport from NADRA neither does NADRA issues passport. Passport is issued by the Directorate of Immigration and Passport which works under the Ministry of Interior. :P

3- No PROMINENT POLITICIAN with the name of Abid Ch. have been identified. :sick:

Hence proved,
The Sun = Rupee News. :bad:

Alas.. some people would still believe it, majority of them belonging to our eastern neighbour.

Sorry we can leave you behind in any kind of scam on this earth, and the public knows it.

the sun doesnt even know that nadra is not the one which issues the passport, but they labelled nadra a passport agency

If it is Fake, Pakistan government should take sun to the court, just like Imran took Botham to the court and won.

Western news papers do their home work before they put their hands on anyone. Judiciary is very strong there, none can just fu k around for no reason.

If this is the case, we'll be seeing them in court but mark my words, this will never happen.

Corruption is part of everything in Pakistan (india too lol) and its a daily routine, If you like in Pakistan, you would know it.

I'm not saying that there's no corruption in Pakistan, I'm saying that the guy was probably trying to milk money from the Sun Man because tagging along with the Olympic Squad is easier said than done.

I'm not saying that there's no corruption in Pakistan, I'm saying that the guy was probably trying to milk money from the Sun Man because tagging along with the Olympic Squad is easier said than done.

I think according to The SUN every dark skinned person is a potential terrorist.
They should be asking the question- what is the point in having British consulates in all these evil uncivilized countries?

The Sun is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation -- the same outfit that owns Fox News in the US. Rupert Murdoch (an Australian) is on record as being against Muslim immigration.

If I was one of the people mentioned in the article, I would be talking to lawyers about a defamation lawsuit for being named as "accessory to terrorism".

Thats a good rhetorical statement. If you were really one of the people mentioned in the article, you would have been talking to the lawyers for sure.. But primarily figuring out how to save your own **** rather than suing someone else's ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom