What's new

On what grounds you vote in election, is it sect, religion, racism, barradri etc

I M Sikander

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It appears in last 3 elections that Pakistan's political scenario has come to a saturated point and every political party has a limited support from specific area.

Punjabi voting Punjabi
Sindi voting sindi
KPK voting pathans
Karachities voting mohajirs
Balochistan voting only baloch nationalist.

All political parties are doing politics of exploitation.

Performance, competence, clean character, no corruption, ideology and manifesto are no longer the basis for Pakistanis to vote any political party.

So let's share, who you voted and why you vote any political party, your logic and reason.

Any way I have I voted Jamat and pti 3 times as an alternate to mqm but they badly sucks.

It appears in last 3 elections that Pakistan's political scenario has come to a saturated point and every political party has a limited support from specific area.

Punjabi voting Punjabi
Sindi voting sindi
KPK voting pathans

Performance, competence, clean character, no corruption, ideology and manifesto are no longer the basis for Pakistanis to vote any political party.

So let's share, who you voted and why you vote any political party, your logic and reason.

Any way I have I voted Jamat and pti 3 times as an alternate to mqm but they badly sucks.

Where is the naan and bribing? :pop:

Where is the naan and bribing? :pop:
@ tareen's house.....

On Serious Note i vote for Development, coz rest is b*llsh*t (in 2008 election is vote PPP in hope but gets Zardari in return, in 2013 PTI for Nation and PMLN for Provisional ) Future is pro PML-N untill some ones shows better development schemes(No paper work but solid projects)

I am from Karachi NA250, i became eligible to vote during Musharraf's era. My first vote was in the referendum for Musharraf and i voted for him. then in 2002 elections i wanted to vote for PTI but my dad got me to vote for MQM because his friend was running from NA250. i skipped 2008 elections but came back and voted for PTI in 2013 elections.

I vote for development and against corruption. I am Pathan but ethnicity has never been a factor for me.

Punjabi voting Punjabi
Sindi voting sindi
KPK voting pathans

What matters the most to me is top party leadership but majority of Pakistanis vote on biradri and ethnic lines

Last vote i casted to pti, but majority of un educated population of pakistan votes on bases of sect/race

I voted to pti for a good Pakistan but ganju came into power so inshallah agli dafah ganju Ko vote dn ga ky wo har jai

Based on the work they have done and the performance they have made as well as their recent peast record and performance especially their attitudes in oppositions as well as their actions for the betterment of Pakistan and society.

Top party leadership is another reason. Will place the entire performances in front of me before 2018.

Normally people vote on the basis of favors, biradari and ethnicity and various other reasons.. In skp the voters get their candidate to pay their electric,PTCL bills gas bills before vote..

Based on the work they have done and the performance they have made as well as their recent peast record and performance especially their attitudes in oppositions as well as their actions for the betterment of Pakistan and society.

Top party leadership is another reason. Will place the entire performances in front of me before 2018.

Normally people vote on the basis of favors, biradari and ethnicity and various other reasons.. In skp the voters get their candidate to pay their electric, PTCL bills gas bills before vote..

And then they expect those candidates to deliver when they come into power as it those bills were paid as charity. That was all investment and they are sure to go for pay back once in power. :-)

I keep in mind the top leadership when voting. Last time I voted for PTI based on Imran profile as a leader. Plus a strong reason was PMLN and PPP past performances. I sure am not that comfortable or happy with PTI performance but what PMLN is doing is a bit worst so it seems PTI will have my vote in next election as well unless something change for good. Like some ACTUAL institution building, good power projects etc. How we are currently playing with CPEC was a big disappointment and unless if I am proven wrong in that regard PMLN wont have my vote. Lets see. :)

And then they expect those candidates to deliver when they come into power as it those bills were paid as charity. That was all investment and they are sure to go for pay back once in power. :-)

I keep in mind the top leadership when voting. Last time I voted for PTI based on Imran profile as a leader. Plus a strong reason was PMLN and PPP past performances. I sure am not that comfortable or happy with PTI performance but what PMLN is doing is a bit worst so it seems PTI will have my vote in next election as well unless something change for good. Like some ACTUAL institution building, good power projects etc. How we are currently playing with CPEC was a big disappointment and unless if I am proven wrong in that regard PMLN wont have my vote. Lets see. :)

Yep. Let me tell you an example. Javaid latif the previous and current MNA of skp last year told me how they get votes. He said that some time back people would ask and say whether you have built nearby roads or have you built any gutters or sewerage system but now they ask what have and what will you do for us? For example one voter asked that I will get you my family votes if you get my son out of jail. He is under police custody. Other bring bills, some bring monetary aid and some bring sifarash.

Now to the above the MNA would need his men at the police station which means politically influenced postings. The reason is bcz they need to fulfil people's blackmailing and thus they need their own men. Many come asking them to accommodate their sons or relatives at posts which means that director of those departments must be friendly with the politicians. This creates a web of politically influenced postings at the high level to fulfill their demands. This means that merit is thrown out of the window.

In such an environment how can we blame a politician. He needs votes and the people milk him for all he has and then when he is in the Parliament he will do corruption to make up for it. Its a horrific web with no way out.

One of the main decisive factor for me will also be the 2008-2012 era when PPP was running rampant and N was playing friendly opposition doing jack. They didn't raise a single voice and they didn't do anything. I will never forget those days.

Back
Top Bottom