What's new

One language that you love to speak

One language that you love to speak.

• Total voters
I speak URDU, SINDHI, ENGLISH and some what ARABIC.

BUT I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN AND TRYING TO LEARN ARABIC COZ ITS A LANGUAGE OF HOLY QURAN AND A NON-ARABIC SPEAKING MUSLIM MUST LEARN IT, TO REALLY UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY AND ESSENCE OF HOLY QURAN AND LOADS OF ISLAMIC LITRATURE AVAILABLE IN ARABIC.

LEARNING ARABIC SHOULD BE MADE COMPULSORY IN EVERY NON-ARAB MUSLIM COUNTRY FOR THE BENEFIT OF MUSLIMS.

MY FORFATHER ( GREAT GRANDFATHER AND BEFORE ) WERE ABLE TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK ARABIC BUT I CANT, CURSE OF BRITISH RAJ AND SYSTEM OF EDUCATION.

BUT I WILL MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT ON MY PART TO MAKE SURE THAT MY CHILDREN'S CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND HOLY QURAN WITHOUT TRANSLATION IN URDU, SINDHI OR ENGLISH.

INSHA-ALLAH.

Tamil

tamil.gif

I like to swear in Turkish when i get mad. Love the facial expressions of people here when i do :lol:

i am a canadian so its even with famly & friends i speak 65% of the time English the rest in hindi/urdu mix, & bengoli on a few ocasions but i like to & also speak most of the time in english north american format

no one speaks sanskrit these days apart from rituals and that too people read it blindly without knowing what actually they are saying. hindi for me....

I think Assamese or Bengali should be more close to Sanskrit than Hindi. Bengali for that matter has 50% of words loaned from Sanskrit(although not all of them are used in colloquial).

I think Assamese or Bengali should be more close to Sanskrit than Hindi. Bengali for that matter has 50% of words loaned from Sanskrit(although not all of them are used in colloquial).

it depends on the flavour of hindi. if its about pure hindi then you are wrong but if its about spoken hindi then you are right. But i accept that in comparison to spoken hindi and bengali benagali wins the race of being closest to sanskrit.

it depends on the flavour of hindi. if its about pure hindi then you are wrong but if its about spoken hindi then you are right. But i accept that in comparison to spoken hindi and bengali benagali wins the race of being closest to sanskrit.

If you're talking about Rashtriya Bhasha which news readers use in DD metro commentary, ya there's many Sanskrit words. In Bengali we also have Sadhu Bhasha, which was used in literary Bengali and now sometimes used in editorials of newspaper. It's almost made of bulky Sanskrit words.

I love to speak English. Why? It's the most widely spoken language in the world. Language to me is a means to communicate. I love being able to communicate with so many people.

If you're talking about Rashtriya Bhasha which news readers use in DD metro commentary, ya there's many Sanskrit words. In Bengali we also have Sadhu Bhasha, which was used in literary Bengali and now sometimes used in editorials of newspaper. It's almost made of bulky Sanskrit words.

I heard Bengali is the closest language to Sanskrit, is that true?

even DD metro guys dont use pure hindi as it is still understandable to all people. :lol:

i can assure you on that i had rank on national level in ICSE back in school in Hindi in my boards.

I heard Bengali is the closest language to Sanskrit, is that true?

If you go by vocabulary, out of 75,000 words that dictionary lists, 50,000 (67%) are considered tôtshômo (words directly reborrowed from Sanskrit), 21,100 (28%) are tôdbhôbo (native Bengali vocabulary with Sanskrit cognates), and the rest being borrowings from deshi "indigenous" (i.e. Austroasiatic) or bideshi "foreign" sources. There are some Persian, Arabic, English words also.

But I don't know if having most words loaned from Sanskrit make it closer to it. It's root trace back to Magadhi Prakrit which was once used in Mouryan court.

Back
Top Bottom