What's new

One language that you love to speak

One language that you love to speak.

• Total voters
Speak Urdu, Punjabi, English and Swedish fluently

Studying Arabic right now and have studied Spanish in the past though wont claim to be fluent in it

Languages that i want to learn fluently:

Arabic
Sanskrit
Persian
Spanish
Turkish
Japanese

(Yes i know, il most probably never learn most of these languages :P)

None of the above, i love to speak in my mother tongue. Although i have always been eager to learn other languages too.

fluent in Urdu, Punjabi, Eng. Working on my Arabic, and also was good with Spanish but have lost the touch am going to start working on it again.

always liked to learn Japanese for some reason

Assamese as its my mother tongue...

The Assamese script (অসমীয়া আখৰ Ôxômiya Akhôr)[1] is a variant of the Eastern Nagari script also used for Bengali and Bishnupriya Manipuri. The Eastern Nagari script belongs to the Brahmic family of scripts and has a continuous history of development from Nagari script, a precursor of Devanagari. By the 17th century three styles of Assamese script could be identified (baminiya, kaitheli and garhgaya)[2] which gave way to the standard script which followed the typeset script. The present standard is identical to the Bengali script except for two letters.

Buranjis were written during Ahom dynasties in Assamese language using assamese script. Earliest form of evidence Assamese script is found in the Charyapada, the Buddhist songs. They are supposed to be composed within a time-frame of four hundred years from 8th century AD to 12th century AD. In 14th century Madhava Kandali used Assamese script to compose the famous Kotha Ramayana which is first translation of Ramayana in a regional Indian language after Valmiki Ramayana in Sanskrit. Later, Srimanta Sankardeva used it in the 15th and 16th centuries to compose his oeuvre in Assamese and Brajavali the language of the Bhakti poems (Borgeets) and Dramas (Ankiya naat).

A coin with Assamese script from Ahom dynastyAhom king Chakradwaj Singha, (1663-1670 AD) was the first ruler who started issuing assamese coins for his kingdom (see figure for a sample coin). Similar script with minor differences are used to write Bengali (Bengali script), Manipuri and Sylheti language.

Consonants
Letter Name of Letter Transliteration IPA
ক kô k k
খ khô kh kʰ
গ gô g ɡ
ঘ ghô gh ɡʱ
ঙ ngô ng ŋ
চ prôthôm sô s s
ছ ditiyô sô s s
জ bôrgiyô zô z z
ঝ jhô z z
ঞ niô y j
ট murdhônyô tô t t
ঠ murdhônyô thô th tʰ
ড murdhônyô dô d d
ঢ murdhônyô dhô dh dʱ
ণ murdhônyô nô n n
ত dôntyô tô t t
থ dôntyô thô th tʰ
দ dôntyô dô d d
ধ dôntyô dhô dh dʱ
ন dôntyô nô n n
প pô p p
ফ phô ph pʰ
ব bô b b
ভ bhô bh bʱ
ম mô m m
য ôntôsthô zô z z
ৰ rô r ɹ
ল lô l l
ৱ wô w w
শ talôibbô xô x and s x~s
ষ murdhônyô xô x and s x~s
স dôntyô xô x and s x~s
হ hô h h
ক্ষ khyô khy kʰj
ড় dôre ŗô ŗ ɾ
ঢ় đhôre ŗô ŗ ɾ
য় ôntôsthô yô y j

Surprised :what:

I used to speak bits of it with my Sanskrit teacher back in 8th grade,

i can hardly speak or remember to identify the words now.

The teacher was very impressed since my family gifted him an ancestral treasure. An Entire Ramayan text in Sanskrit belonging to Krishna Deva Raya's time.

He used to teach me in bits,how to read it ,but it never worked. :frown:

Of course,Tamil will remain my mother tongue.

I speak in My Home - Hindko & Urdu (My Wife Don't Know Hindko)

I Know English , Arabic Well

I Love to Learn Arabic, Persian & Pushto

I Love to speak Urdu

Meri Maa-boli...Punjabi

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Urdu. Even though Urdu is not my ancestral language, it will remain an important part of my life and my future generation's lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite languages are Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ) and Hindi (हिन्दी)! But well-spoken English is also a joy to hear!

My favorite script by far is Kannada. Look how beautiful it looks:
ನಗರ ಪ್ರದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಹಲವು ಕಡೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ರಸ್ತೆ ಕಾಮಗಾರಿ, ಕುಡಿಯುವ ನೀರು ಪೂರೈಕೆ ಕಾಮಗಾರಿ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ ಅನೇಕ ರೀತಿಯ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳು ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ.ಇಂತಹ ಸಂದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ನೀತಿ ಸಂಹಿತೆ ಜಾರಿ ಮಾಡಿದರೆ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳು ಸ್ಥಗಿತಗೊಂಡು ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರು ಪರದಾಡುವ ಪರಿಸ್ಥಿತಿ

Back
Top Bottom