What's new

Outsiders shouldn't obstruct elections in Bangladesh: PM Hasina warns in New York

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Outsiders shouldn't obstruct elections in Bangladesh: PM Hasina warns in New York

BANGLADESH

UNB
23 September, 2023, 09:55 am
Last modified: 23 September, 2023, 10:58 am

“We’ve made the electoral process transparent. We’ve given the Election Commission absolute financial freedom,” said PM in New York.​

Illustration: TBS

No attempt to thwart the election should be made from outside the country, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has warned pointing to those who are saying that they would impose sanctions on the country.

She said, "If attempts are made to manipulate the election from outside our borders, the people of Bangladesh may also respond with sanctions. We hope that there will be no external meddling in our electoral affairs."

If it is spoiled (the election) from outside the country, the people of Bangladesh will also impose sanctions. We would like to see that no attempt is made from outside the country as well."

The prime minister made the remark while addressing a press conference at the Bangladesh Permanent Mission at the UN. She is now in New York to participate in the 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly.

Noting that she introduced the slogan 'I cast my vote on my choice' in the country, she said her party was able to establish it. The people are now conscious enough over their voting rights, she added.

She further addressed there is no scope now for anyone to grab power illegally in Bangladesh and the violators have to face the music.

"If anyone comes to power, creating trouble and violating the constitution, then s/he will face punishment. It should not be forgotten," she said.

She said if anyone other than only elected representatives wants to come to power through an alternative way, they will have to face punishment.

"It will have to be kept in mind. They will have to face the music," she said.

The PM said she has been in power facing many obstacles emerging from inside the country. If the people vote for the Awami League, the party will come into power again.

Focusing on the electoral reforms made by her government, the premier said now the ballot boxes are transparent and there is no scope for filling the boxes with fake votes. The electoral rolls are made including photographs. These (the electoral system) were reformed, she added.

She said the law regarding the constitution of the Election Commission was made by none other than the Awami League. "We've made the electoral process transparent. We've given the Election Commission the absolute financial freedom," she said.

She said the EC was once under the control of the Prime Minister's Office. "The Election Commission is now completely independent. It is the Awami League government that made it. It'll have to be kept in mind," she went on.

Hasina said she would like to tell those who are becoming worried about the election of Bangladesh that the people are the source of power and the owners of the state as per the article-7 of its constitution.

In reply to another question about the new visa policy announced by the USA in case of undermining the election in Bangladesh, the PM said the people voted spontaneously in many elections, by-elections and local body elections held during the regimes of Awami League.

She said AL came into power, getting the mandate of the people in the election. "So, we also want the election to be free and transparent," she added.

Noting that opposition (parties) was also mentioned in today's announcement, she said it is good from one perspective that BNP can't go for thwarting the election like they unleashed arson violence to obstruct the 2014 election and resorted to violence and attacked police to spoil the 2018 election.

The PM said they should impose sanctions, considering who starts undermining the election first. "If only the Awami League is targeted, I've nothing to say," she said.

Responding to a question if Saima Wazed would be picked for the next leadership position, Sheikh Hasina said, "The possibility is very slim. The people of Bangladesh and my party (Awami League) will decide who will come to the leadership or not in future."

In reply to a question about corruption, she said many people now try to tarnish the image of Bangladesh by publishing news exaggerating tiny things. This evil attempt is very harmful to the image of the country, she added.

She said her government doesn't spare anyone in case of even any small corruption.

She questioned how Bangladesh would have been able to witness such a huge development if such corruption had taken place.

The PM asked the Bangladeshi expatriates to send remittances through legal channels and not pay heed to rumours.

Do you really think she will risk an election?
No, Hasina will not risk a real election because all Hell will then fall upon her.

1) 21August grenade attack that she had masterminded with the help of the brother-in/law of Rehana. She killed her own people.
2) BDR carnage that she masterminded.
3) Abhijit killing that she masterminded to plead that it was Islamic terrorists who did it.
4) All other political killing, arrests and bullying.
5) Many other duplicities.

She fears hanging by the rope. How fervently she is wishing to die a natural death before a genuine election ousts her from power.

There may be a compromise between the military and civilian Judges that she be hanged, but the military will fire bullets at her. I will not be surprised at this dual death sentence.

She should practice the song sung by Khudiram seen in the Kolkata movie.

Akbar Biday de maa ghure Aashi
———————————————/

No, Hasina will not risk a real election because all Hell will then fall upon her.

1) 21August grenade attack that she had masterminded with the help of the brother-in/law of Rehana. She killed her own people.
3) Abhijit killing that she masterminded to plead that it was Islamic terrorists who did it.

She fears hanging by the rope. How fervently she is wishing to die a natural death before a genuine election ousts her from power.

There may be a compromise between the military and civilian Judges that she be hanged, but the military will fire bullets at her. I will not be surprised at this dual death sentence.

———————————————/
She won't give us democracy. She is a brutal dictator.

Exactly! @saif Bhai , that's the reason I took USA side ( although I always have been pro China at past) , because now USA interest and our ( Majority Bangladeshi) interest are same and that is remove the narcissist from the power once and for all!

However I always sincerely want China truly become a supper power as a counter balance to west!

Our interest will be same ( democracy and freedom of speech) as American interest ,only if China remain strong!

If China collapse ( God forbid) then American goal will be changed again to "War on terror" hence Hindutva will be stronger!

Brother @GreatHanWarrior

Exactly! @saif Bhai , that's the reason I took USA side ( although I always have been pro China at past) , because now USA interest and our ( Majority Bangladeshi) interest are same and that is remove the narcissist from the power once and for all!

However I always sincerely want China truly become a supper power as a counter balance to west!

Our interest will be same ( democracy and freedom of speech) as American interest ,only if China remain strong!

If China collapse ( God forbid) then American goal will be changed again to "War on terror" hence Hindutva will be stronger!

Brother @GreatHanWarrior
BD belongs to Westminster-style democracy group since its birth as Pakistan in 1947. Chinese leaders dislike democracy. Hasina wants Chinese style one party rule only to safeguard her own power and neck.

I expect a wise decision by Hasina. In December, I would like her to be sick with flu and fever. Not being recovered by the blacky doctors in BD, she is taken to England for better treatment. But, her condition deteriorates making it necessary for a long time English treatment.

The BAL party decides to appoint her daughter Saima as the Acting President of BAL party. She starts campaigning, the election is held and the party loses majority. Other parties form govt.

I will be happy to see another imbecile leader in BD who would become a PM after only a few years. After the rule by geniuses like Khaleda, Hasina, Tareque(?), our great country will be blessed by another multi-talent called Saima.

It is a great blessing for BD that Saima’s Canadian visa has been cancelled. Now, we can get the opportunity to serve her. This scenario will make our @IndianLite very happy.

Joy Bangla, Joy Bangladesh!!

Like all Pakistani women, Hasina despises fake democracies.

———————————————/
@IndianLite, you know what I wrote is true. So, do not please laugh. The new govt will hang her for all those killings.

But, I am not a sadist. I would like her to be interned in a jail until her death. But, I will not enjoy her weeping all the time washing clothes and repairing shoes of other fellow inmates.

This punishment may be worse than hanging by the rope, though!!!!

Last edited:

In strict technical legal terms, Hasina is still subject to Pakistani law as she was born in Pakistan. She shares this privilege with majority of future Afghan rulers.

I expect a wise decision by Hasina. In December, I would like her to be sick with flu and fever. Not being recovered by the blacky doctors in BD, she is taken to England for better treatment. But, her condition deteriorates making it necessary for a long time English treatment.

The BAL party decides to appoint her daughter Saima as the Acting President of BAL party. She starts campaigning, the election is held and the party loses majority. Other parties form govt.
Wow fantastic idea brother! Never thought like this! Well if it happens, it will be safe exit for Hasina, which isn't that bad!

I'm just worried about the fate of @IndianLite and his kind! I won't be happy if he ends up in jail!

Although he is a pure imbecile, still he is a charming teenager!

What are they going to do after empress is gone! 🤔

I will be happy to see another imbecile leader in BD who would become a PM after only a few years. After the rule by geniuses like Khaleda, Hasina, Tareque(?), our great country will be blessed by another multi-talent called Saima.

It is a great blessing for BD that Saima’s Canadian visa has been cancelled. Now, we can get the opportunity to serve her. This scenario will make our @IndianLite very happy.

Joy Bangla, Joy Bangladesh!!
Major Delwar claimed in one of his videos that after Hasina, Rahana's son might be appointed as BAL chief!

However he also claimed that it's the procedure to make the poor chap an easy target for a public revolution!

However if it's Hasina's daughter, still result could be the same! However at least one of them can have the taste of power as PM , even for few months!

So although @IndianLite might be happy , I think the happiness won't last longer!

But, I am not a sadist. I would like her to be interned in a jail until her death. But, I will not enjoy her weeping all the time washing clothes and repairing shoes of other internees.

This punishment may be worse than hanging by the rope, though!!!!
Is it possible actually to make her an ordinary prisoner? Not sure , I've doubt!

But if she don't step down with an excuse like illness and step down , probably she will end up in jail by next govt!

Last edited:

Brother @GreatHanWarrior
I have no other opinions.

But if China and the US become allies (G2).

Even China and the US became quasi allies (like in the 1970s).

How do you respond?

We all hope that the CCP will end. But this does not mean that China will lose. Isn't it?

Wow fantastic idea brother! Never thought like this! Well if it happens, it will be safe exit for Hasina, which isn't that bad!

I'm just worried about the fate of @IndianLite and his kind! I won't be happy if he ends up in jail!

Although he is a pure imbecile, still he is a charming teenager!

What are they going to do after empress is gone! 🤔

Major Delwar claimed in one of his videos that after Hasina, Rahana's son might be appointed as BAL chief!

However he also claimed that it's the procedure to make the poor chap an easy target for a public revolution!

However if it's Hasina's daughter, still result could be the same! However at least one of them can have the taste of power as PM , even for few months!

So although @IndianLite might be happy , I think the happiness won't last longer!

Is it possible actually to make her an ordinary prisoner? Not sure , I've doubt!

But if she don't step down with an excuse like illness and step down , probably she will end up in jail by next govt!
In a military coup, Hasina may be tried and hanged for the BDR carnage organized by her. They will hang her or kill her in a firing squad. I have seen IA military men inside the gate (YouTube video). How can they participate in a carnage inside the territory of a neighbor?

Civilian govt cannot cannot probably try her and it cannot just conduct a summery trial. Military can do it.

But, I was creating an imaginary scenario just to make @indianLites / Indiana Jones a little panicked and sad, a small effort to be a sadist.

But, Indiana jones must believe the chronology of brutal events conducted by Hasina.

In a military coup, Hasina may be tried and hanged for the BDR carnage organized by her. They will hang her or kill her in a firing squad. I have seen IA military men inside the gate (YouTube video). How can they participate in a carnage inside the territory of a neighbor?

Civilian govt cannot cannot probably try her and it cannot just conduct a summery trial. Military can do it.

But, I was creating an imaginary scenario just to make @indianLites / Indiana Jones a little panicked and sad, a small effort to be a sadist.

But, Indiana jones must believe the chronology of brutal events conducted by Hasina.

Hasina is extremely shrewed. She will not cross any red lines of the major powers:

Red lines are:

1. Starting wars and invasions
2. Sponsoring terrorism
3. Promoting Wahhabism

Your kind of military revolution is very 1970s. The world has moved on. Even the Pak military had to use parliamentary procedure to remove Imran Khan.

See Libya and Iraq as examples.

But US no longer has the power and knows it will result in a hotbed of terrorism and refugee crisis.

Again, see Libya and Iraq as examples.

Plus, Japan, China and India have invested too much in Bangladesh.

All of that will go up in a puff.

Any military regime will face active hostility from India, China and EU.

If it turns violent against Hasina - expect a full blown civil war.

Again, see Libya and Iraq as examples.

India and China know they will never have a more pliant BD PM than Hasina and will put up almighty fight.

Realistically I don't think Bangladesh army will stage a direct coup ever again. For one, they will not risk losing the lucrative UN missions. And two - army top brass has been replaced with Hasina loyalists. Unless there is foreign interference and backing, junior officers will not stage any coup.

Personally I hope there is no military coup. Let Hasina lose in a free and fair election. Let the people of the country show her the way out.

Back
Top Bottom