What's new

Over 12,800 Militants Caught in 2009

Faruqi

New Recruit

Reaction score
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ver-12,800-militants-caught-in-2009-110-hs-06

ISLAMABAD: Over 12,800 suspected militants, 75 of them belonging to Al Qaeda and 9,739 local Taliban or members of other banned groups, were arrested during operations conducted by law-enforcement agencies and armed forces across the country in 2009, says a report issued here on Sunday.

The report titled “Pakistan Security Report 2009” released by Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), an independent think-tank, said that compared to 313 operational attacks conducted in 2008, 596 were carried out by security forces in 2009.

“If the casualties in terrorist attacks, operational attacks by the security forces and their clashes with the militants, inter-tribal clashes and the cross-border attacks of the US and Nato forces in Fata are counted, the overall casualties amount to 12,632 people dead and 12,815 injured.”

In 2009, the report says, 2,586 terrorist, insurgent and sectarian-related incidents were reported that killed 3,021 people and injured 7,334.

The highest number of 1,173 attacks was reported from the NWFP, followed by 792 in Balochistan and 559 in Fata; 46 attacks took place in Punjab, 30 in Sindh, 12 in Islamabad and five each in Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir.

The Taliban seem to have changed their tactics and they are now carrying out coordinated attacks, instead of using a lone suicide bomber. Part of that change was evident in choosing different and increasingly civilian targets, such as a university in Islamabad and markets in Lahore and Peshawar, the attack on the military’s General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, and drive-by shootings targeting senior military officers in Islamabad.

Although the number of terrorist attacks and casualties increased in 2009, the government forces were able to inflict heavy damage on terrorist networks and infrastructure in Fata and adjacent areas.

12000 terrorists where the hell that much money comes to support them

pix of 12800 ?????? any pic of only 100 ?

How come?....PAk officials were saying that there were only 10,000 terrorists and at least 600 of them got killed in operation in Waziristan.
Then how is 12000 caught ? If they they are caught then who is fighting the Pakistan army in NWFP ?

Well these numbers are for all over Pakistan not swat or waziristan only

Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS)

Sorrry no offence but I lol hard after reading this.
Pak institute for peace studies???

I am not saying that Pakistan is not a peaceful country...but....Pak institute for Peace Studies?? haha lol PIPS

I am not saying that Pakistan is not a peaceful country...but....Pak institute for Peace Studies?? haha lol PIPS

I take it India with Air craft carriers(offensive weapon) is a peace full nation.

Stick with the thread and stop trying to tell us how superrior you are.

Sir,

A little more respect for the forum from you would be more appreciated. Thankyou.

How come?....PAk officials were saying that there were only 10,000 terrorists and at least 600 of them got killed in operation in Waziristan.
Then how is 12000 caught ? If they they are caught then who is fighting the Pakistan army in NWFP ?

10,000 are the hardcore ones involved in fighting military. The overall number of terrorists whether low scale or high scale probably is several tens of thousands.

^ Javed ch had asked the question from Army chief about the massive numbers of fighters caught , he didn't replied straight forward but Javed ch thinks that those are kept in military custody and it is impossible at this time to bring them to courts.

^ Javed ch had asked the question from Army chief about the massive numbers of fighters caught , he didn't replied straight forward but Javed ch thinks that those are kept in military custody and it is impossible at this time to bring them to courts.

No need to bring them to Public Courts
Military courts will be enough & execute them, No need to be so 'kind' to them, They just simply don't deserve it

No need to bring them to Public Courts
Military courts will be enough & execute them, No need to be so 'kind' to them, They just simply don't deserve it

but how do you know that they are terrorists??? Don't you think they should be given a chance to prove if they are innocent??? Who know if someone there got framed due to personal grudge or something like that??? A civil society should always behave in the civil manner otherwise it would become difficult to separate out terrorist and civil society...What say??

b/w 12000 seems to be an exaggerated number otherwise one should be worried about how strong Terrorist web has become in Pakistan because even after such a high number of arrests bomb blasts are going in at will....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom