What's new

Over 50% of children face sexual abuse in India

glamors world sales of nude women body in Bollywood TV dramas make nations sick of sex hungry as much as they do they feel thirsty more .
no this has been there for a long time in all parts of the world. eg in the muslim world from 6th century onwards the slave boys were nothing but young boys taken in as spoils of war. they were sexually abused but treated well in terms of lifestyle. Sodomy was rampant at that time and even until recently.
so there is nothing to do with bollywood for this kind of behavious, it has been there always.

Asim, why is this " courtesy" not extended to similar topics about Pakistan? … you know topics like this is all about scoring points, does this one being kept open just for such ulterior motive? Can we bring back and discuss UK Pakistanis penchant for recruiting 12 yr old girls into sexual slavery or dance boys of Pakistan's north I believe or Chinese trafficking of women and owners on almost all brothels / massage parlors in the US? I can't promise the kind of reaction from others- but I know I can write it out with utmost civility as you have called for on this topic. Can I open such topics and you afford me the same courtesy brother?

How does it matter buddy?? How about changing our line of thought??? Why are you taking it as a point scoring topic?? This is a fact and is true for all societies.. Just google about sexual exploitation of kids in US and i bet you will be in for a shock...Pakistan is no different from India in this either...so how about we constructively discussing about the issue...

For a starter why not we all send an SMS to 5782711 and type 'Y' there??? How about going to the site http://www.satyamevjayate.in and putting up a suggestion??? Remember Jessica Lal case?? it was the courtesy of plethora of these messages that pig like Manu Sharma is behind bar, no???

but i agree this cr@p happens. as a female i can attest to the fact that the men in our part of the world are some of the most depraved and the society so stupid. because on one hand there is femal infanticide and on the other hand there is child abuse.

Like i always said, we can learn alot from Pakistani NGO methods on CSA awareness. cartoon like these are usefull fro kids as well as adults/parents.If i recall correctly, there aren't proper laws defining CSA in India.
You are right...A starter would be to modify the definition of this so called penetration...I was shocked to know that only vaginal penetration is considered rape...Rest comes under "Molestation"....Forcing Oral sex is not equivalent to rape...I mean comon...we can'e live with 18 century laws for ever, no???

I myself have started many threads about abuse of women in Pakistan, for the same seriousness mentioned above, such abuse should be highlighted a lot more in Pakistan.

you and zakii are the oddities in being extremely fair here :). I'm not questioning your motives ( well, I should have made that clear). I was hinting at " establishment" here. They love to close topics asap when it hurts their sensibilities . But back on topic.

but i agree this cr@p happens. as a female i can attest to the fact that the men in our part of the world are some of the most depraved and the society so stupid. because on one hand there is femal infanticide and on the other hand there is child abuse.
I have no intentions of contradicting you but just want to share another perspective...Let's take the example of western society...One can imagine that men there will not fall under the most depraved category...right?? However rapes/child abuse is an issue there as well..I mean it is scientifically proven then men's in general are slaves to their penis...IMHO better laws, their implementation and better conviction rates is one of the catalyst which helps to keep this menace in check to a larger extent in western world...of-course lack of interaction b/w both the sexes(co-ed schools/conservative society) during the childhood age is not helping the cause either...

I have no intentions of contradicting you but just want to share another perspective...Let's take the example of western society...One can imagine that men there will not fall under the most depraved category...right?? However rapes/child abuse is an issue there as well..I mean it is scientifically proven then men's in general are slaves to their penis...IMHO better laws, their implementation and better conviction rates is one of the catalyst which helps to keep this menace in check to a larger extent in western world...of-course lack of interaction b/w both the sexes(co-ed schools/conservative society) during the childhood age is not helping the cause either...
agreed, abuse does happen there. however people are more aware of these issues and not afraid to come out. ye the western men are not as depraved as desis. we jsut need to create awareness to stop it.

yeah chinese only consume babies as capsules.

miss, leave him alone and don't talk about that disgusting thing.. I don't want to hear even a passing reference to it..

agreed, abuse does happen there. however people are more aware of these issues and not afraid to come out. ye the western men are not as depraved as desis. we jsut need to create awareness to stop it.

Agreed...I believe sex education is a very important subject and it is about time that schools should stop depending upon parents for this role... My cousin is an American and just 9 years old. I was quite surprised to learn from my Aunt that she had been taught about "menses" a couple of weeks back...She is looking forward to it in few years from now and term it as the most beautiful moment...When your kids are informed half of the problem is already solved...
I still remember when i was in XII and my school participated in an AIDS awareness program. The government appointed jerk told us that AIDS can happen even by a mosquito bite...I felt like getting up and kick him in the rear..See such a pathetic state...

I remembered when i was kid,a Hafiz who was selected to teach me Holy Quran daily, but he was kissing me so hardly and one day i was on his Lap :fie:, While reciting Quran.
I told my father and He kicked him Out of house with hard Punish and hard slaps.

Its a major concern and a strong law has to be passed to deal with this menace, but the problem is, the intensity of sexual abuse varies, so judgement has to be case specific.

You are right...A starter would be to modify the definition of this so called penetration...I was shocked to know that only vaginal penetration is considered rape...Rest comes under "Molestation"....Forcing Oral sex is not equivalent to rape...I mean comon...we can'e live with 18 century laws for ever, no???

CSA came under some of the Victorian era laws stating that it was "unnatural sex"

Its only recently clauses such as "forcible insertion of objects in orifice" for children has been included under CSA.

I think after an episode of Satyamev Jayate, Amir khan should lead a candle light march to the Chief minister's office and a few following episode should cover the follow up actions taken on the issue.. That will make this effort awesome and the series memorable!!

Otherwise, they will be out of the minds pretty quickly..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom