What's new

PAC launches updated website: New info for JF-17

well what radar JF 17 is using and how much range of Jf 17 radar and LCA radar

you guys wont progress if you keep on making such stupid comparisons...

I am not sure why you want to call your LCA stupid. Just because it has seen some delays doesn’t mean you start lambasting it.

By the way not sure what you mean we cant progress if the following is not the progress of the JF-17 program then what is?
  1. Serial production started since 2009
  2. Inducted into First squadron since Feb 2010
  3. Appeared in Farnborough & Zhuhai air show in 2010
  4. Planning to feature in Paris Air show in 2011
  5. Already took part in precision strikes against terrorists in south Waziristan
  6. Took part in PAF’s high mark exercise in 2010
  7. The work in progress on the next variant.

(PS: careful with the replay, the mods are all over this thread, not only your post will be trashed but you might also end with the same fate.)

I think there are going to be changes to the the website, it looks as if they wanted to just set it up first, the rest comes later.

7 Hard Points? one Hard Point More?

may be i'm a lazy person that i didn't noticed the 7 hard point!

@IRFAN B:
I appreciate the efforts you took to explain some points in your post #12

But I am pretty sure that you have misunderstood one, if not two of the selling points. I will let you know via PM in a couple of days where I disagree with you. Till then, ask around.

With best regs.

check the ferry range..
around 2000 miles.. Thats not bad.. considering that the F-16 with CFT's or ext tanks get around 2500 miles.

Meanwhile in China...
³É¶¼·É»ú¹¤Òµ£¨¼¯ÍÅ£©ÓÐÏÞÔðÈι«Ë¾

Performance parameters

Empty weight 9072KG
normal takeoff weight 6411KG
Maximum takeoff weight 7802KG
Maximum landing weight 12474KG
Total quantity of oil inside 3629KG
the total external capacity 2268KG
Thrust-weight ratio ≥ 0.9
Service ceiling 15,240 meters
maximum range of 2037 km transition
Take-off roll distance 609 m 823 m landing run distance
The whole machine:
Long 14967.9mm
width 9464.6mm
high 4774.85mm

I don't get it. What is the connection of the wiki (which I have read) with the JF?

he is referring to this
Recently Chile issued an RFP for a 5.5 tonne, twin engined new generation helicopter. Indian company HAL participated with its HAL Dhruv helicopter, conducting live demonstrations of the aircraft, equipped with an advanced cockpit, an electronic warfare suite and surveillance pods. Four Dhruv helicopters were involved in a wide range of tests with the evaluations reaching a total of 107 hours. The aircraft proved capable of operating in harsh climate conditions and extreme altitudes, simulating search and rescue operations at 12,500 ft above mean sea level with temperatures of two degrees Celsius in Iquique, long distance flights between Santiago and Arica, covering 3600 km as well as carrying out successful ship deck landings at Valparaiso. Several requirements for the Chilean Air Force were met by the Indian helicopter but eventually the contract was awarded to Bell Textron Helicopters Inc. for 12 new Bell 412 helicopters.

India again and the website meant to JF-17 by Govt of Pakistan!!! :rolleyes:

And that's the only thing you noticed in the entire website? While everyone is more interested in the technical stuff like upgrade in thrust, range, etc

Cost effectiveness, early availability and supportability don't mean edge.

Why not?

As a potential buyer I would like my airforce's fighter jets to be cost effective and be readily available. So that's a plus point for any potential buyer.

he is referring to this

Like I said, I have read it. I still don't get the connection in the current thread. The Dhruv met all the requirements and yet was not selected by the Chileans for non-technical reasons. So where does this fit in the current thread. Do you know , Hasnain?

Someone must give them the link to JFT info pool thread..

They are the manufacturers....lol they should know more than the posters around here as here, only public or non confidential information is available :lol:

And that's the only thing you noticed in the entire website? While everyone is more interested in the technical stuff like upgrade in thrust, range, etc

Nah! what is surprising is the mention of an Indian aircraft yet to be fully inducted when JFT is often debated to be better than the MIG-29 and would evolve to be better than the Griffen as well.
Why not?
As a potential buyer I would like my airforce's fighter jets to be cost effective and be readily available. So that's a plus point for any potential buyer.

As a potential buyer, I still don't understand Pak's as the brain or a contributor. If I needed spares for the engine do I contact Pak?..but you guys don't have the kind of relations with Russia that inspires any confidence..so Its CHINA that I need to contact..Ok so how long before I can get spares or does China hold tons of spares for engines?

Ok now I need a trainer version? Can PAK help? err no ..CHINA again

I need a different set of weapons? Can PAK help..err no CHINA again and again.

Cost effective..Definitely!!! Readily available?? hmm not so sure...

What does LCA offers over JFT?...Advanced Composits? whos use still yeild a weight comparable to metal structured JFT? or design development? where LCA took almost 100% of its stories even without significant change.....i expect elaboration. please dont waste time,space and bandwidth. If you want readers to give your post a weight, then be more elaborative

What is that LCA dosent provide?? Does Your JF-17 give the advantage of OBOGS,is your JF-17 CSS comparable as that of the Tejas whose MDC and ETL functions with a velocity of detonation of 6000 m/s ensuring that the cutting action of the Canopy occurs in less than 5 m sec from the time of initiation...

And what is that JF-17 has that LCA dosent??

Back
Top Bottom