What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

2156426.jpg

2158246.jpg

check out the horse in the first pic right at the top lol this plane looks like a MASSIVE BEAST!!!

Something i noticed today, the serial numbers of the IL-78 also indicate the date of induction/delivery perhaps.

R09-001
R10-002
R11-003
R11-004

Something i noticed today, the serial numbers of the IL-78 also indicate the date of induction/delivery perhaps.

R09-001
R10-002
R11-003
R11-004

All PAF aircraft have that system.. their first two digits indicate the year they were delivered to the PAF.

All PAF aircraft have that system.. their first two digits indicate the year they were delivered to the PAF.

R09-001
R10-002
R11-003
R11-004

Yes, all PAF aircraft have those. For example, F-16A Block 15B 85728 was delivered in 1985 and the serial number of this F-16 is 728. Another example, JF-17 Block I 11138; it was delivered (to PAF by PAC) in 2011 and it's block one (resembling the third '1') and unit serial is 38 excluding the prototypes.

ZDK-03 of serial 11-002 was delivered in 2011 and the unit serial produced is 002. You get the idea now. However, nearly all the transport aircraft don't use this date of delivery for their serial numbers.

So, if this also applies to Saab 2000's, All are 100XY, except for J019, so this means they were all delivered in 2010 (i thought one came in 2011).?:what:

And another thing to note with the Midas numbers is that it has 'R' written on it. R=Refueller?

So, if this also applies to Saab 2000's, All are 100XY, except for J019, so this means they were all delivered in 2010 (i thought one came in 2011).?:what:

And another thing to note with the Midas numbers is that it has 'R' written on it. R=Refueller?

The year they are accepted by the PAF.. yes.

Why not PAF also look towards acquiring some Boeing-787s or A-330s or Some Russian/Chinese alternatives and make it like this to refuel three planes at a time and it will be much more cost effective then Il-78s now and get 7 of these in the inventory.
938463IMG2876.jpg

Why not PAF also look towards acquiring some Boeing-787s or A-330s or Some Russian/Chinese alternatives and make it like this to refuel three planes at a time and it will be much more cost effective then Il-78s now and get 7 of these in the inventory.
938463IMG2876.jpg

Pakistan is not a LARGE country that our Fighters have to protect.
With Bases scattered all over the country every region will have dedicated planes to fly sorties. Moreover we have got Four refueling tankers in IL-78 and that is good enough to provide air to air refueling when required. The future of PAF seem to be JF-17 and FC-20 and both can be refueled by the IL-78's drogue refueling system

What we need to understand is that we do not aim global and just need to protect our own skies and for this the current number of four IL-76 air to air refueling planes are OK.
Our F-16 cannot be refueled by these but if things go as planned for future, we do not need to invest in a separate system for F-16 refueling.

These funds (if and when available) must be used in some more important acquisitions!

I wonder why the JF-17s are not yet equipped with the refueling probes? I guess JF-17s should have those probes installed by default.
Because its not the top priority item needed at this stage( although its planned in second batch). JF-17 already has enough on-station time and good range, but we need them in numbers now.

Back
Top Bottom