What's new

PAF and Next Generation Fighter Program Confirmed

New of 5th generation fighter more burden on Pakistani tax payers

Yeah better than getting American Birds, with all the vital equipment and radars either stripped or locked.

If everyone payeiad taxes, Pakistan would be a better country. :pakistan:
i agree with that may brother but don’t forget how much money disappears like magic for from gov funds current financial situation we cant afford one project but buying form china J20 would be cheaper we are great friend they jf17 for us we tell me why china is not using jf17 thunder can any one answer that? :undecided:

i agree with that may brother but don’t forget how much money disappears like magic for from gov funds current financial situation we cant afford one project but buying form china J20 would be cheaper we are great friend they jf17 for us we tell me why china is not using jf17 thunder can any one answer that? :undecided:

China is using jf-17, sir.. check out wikipedia :D

I was searching for such awesome news over and over and finally here it is. ALHAMDULILLAH :china::pakistan:
by the way, the first post narrates the date of 6/8/11 and its now 14/1/12. Are we having any unveiled design concept on paper?

tell me why china is not using jf17 thunder can any one answer that? :undecided:

First of all, JF-17 is the PAF's version of FC-1, it is upgraded form the standard FC-1 model.

China don't need the FC-1 Block I. China have Su-30MKK/MK2, J-11A/B/BS (C/D rumoured), J-10A/B/BS, J-15... for their 4th gen lot. They may still go for some FC-1 Block II/III. But it's no surprise if they don't they already have 4th gen fighters and working on 5th gen.

The FC-1 is still being evaluated by the PLAAF if I am not mistaken. There are some talk on the street that the PLAAF is going to replace the Q-5s and some F-7s with FC-1s.

is j-2x a real plan????? any source?

Why think about J-11B? The J-11B belongs to SAC.

But Pakistan only has the cooperation with CAC.

So you should think about J-20B in future, it could be purchased apart from the joint development like J-2X, just like J-10B.
any source for j-2x??? is it a real plan?

will JF 17 when made stealthy will be 4.75 gen fighter or 5th gen?

its seems J 16 in limited numbers will be bought to fulfill role of 5th gen fighters and and stealth JF 17 (4.75 gen) in greater numbers to achieve low-high mix

will JF 17 when made stealthy will be 4.75 gen fighter or 5th gen?

its seems J 16 in limited numbers will be bought to fulfill role of 5th gen fighters and and stealth JF 17 (4.75 gen) in greater numbers to achieve low-high mix

No, J-16 is a variant of J-11BS[flanker variant]. Longer range further upgrades and new avionics/radar despite J-11BS being new J-16 is a further extension modification upgrades consider it something along the lines of su-30MKK then SU-30MK2 and so on...

Yesterday, huzhigeng struck again, bringing more insider news from 611 Institute (Chengdu Aircraft Corporation). Anyways here they are.

Last month, when a person asked whether JF-17 will be modified into a low observable, aka stealth design:

"Chengdu has an export pre-4th gen (5th gen in US/Russian standard)designated as J-2X.Pakistan and third world countries have demands for it. Of course, 611 can expect to get some order from Chinese air force also. It is about the size of F-35, and the design has already been presented to Pakistan."

Link: ´ó¼Ò˵˵£¬Éò·ÉËÄ´úÓüÓÀ³ÌؽøÆøµÀ£¬ÊÇÎÞÄεÄÍ×л¹ÊÇÐÔ¸ñµÄ±¾ß£¿£¿£¿ - µÚ8Ò³ - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

Yesterday, he reinstated this point:

"4th Gen (referring to J-20)'s little brother is also being designed."

Furthermore, he elaborated on recent exchanges between the two countries:

"PAF recently sent a group of represenatives to CAC. They looked at a few designs for their 4th gen, and in general they were pretty satisfied."

Link: ËÄÃÃÓÖÔÚ·ÉÁË - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

When asked about the neccessity of SAC's project, he briefly mentioned future directions in design:

"611 (CAC) will continue to utilize canards in their future designs. This is both a tradition and a legacy, much like Lockheed Martin and their conventional designs. North (referring to SAC) will feature mostly conventional layouts. Of course, from the looks of JF-17, CAC's conventional designs aren't bad either. Now it remains to be seen whether J-2X (Pakistan's project) will have conventional or canard design."

Link: ÃÀµÛÊDz»ÊÇÕæÐĵIJ»Ï²»¶Ñ¼Ê½²¼¾Ö°¡?! - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice the "pre-4th gen" in his statement. Now the reason he said "pre-4th" gen is because to qualify for 4th gen, China use the 4S standard. Supercruise, Stealth, Supermanoevurability and Sensor Fusion are the 4S criteria. Because of that criteria, F-35 is not considered a true 4th (5th) gen in China as it cannot supercruise, and is not thought to be as very manoevurable either (compared to other 4th gen). So this version Pakistan is getting presented will most likely not meet all 4S.

If I had to take a guess, I think it would not be able to supercruise like F-35.
If this is true, I am extremely happy since there's no alternative for indigenous or co-developed aircraft. It will be a major milestone. towards independence and self reliance. The advantages so numerous.

If this is true, I am extremely happy since there's no alternative for indigenous or co-developed aircraft. It will be a major milestone. towards independence and self reliance. The advantages so numerous.
And you revived a 2012 thread for what?????? Please check the date of the last post before responding.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom