What's new

PAF establishes Aviation City at Aeronautical complex Kamra

It's hardly news. The PAF adopted a decision of having 5 Gen planes in service by 2020 back in 2015. Sohail Aman even gave an interview that PAF was looking to purchase F35.

I expect the J31.

LOL 2020 :D :D J-31 even if it's ready will not gonna come before 2024 my Friend
and about F-35 well As India is turning out US best ally do you think India will not put Pressure to Stop the deal of F-35 they did pretty well in F-16 deal LOL
and we don't want a plane which comes with strings attached

LOL 2020 :D :D J-31 even if it's ready will not gonna come before 2024 my Friend
and about F-35 well As India is turning out US best ally do you think India will not put Pressure to Stop the deal of F-35 they did pretty well in F-16 deal LOL
and we don't want a plane which comes with strings attached
If the Programme has been functional since 2010 or earlier then a 2020 IOC is not unrealistic.

As for F35, yes pressure was successful wrt F16. How successful were they with AH-1Z? The 8 F16 were purchased because we were getting a good deal. When FMF was blocked, then they became a bad dean, at 100 million a pop.

If PAF wants to buy F35, then there is a very good chance of it being sold. Lockheed Martin wants to sell. They have only spent 10+ years trying to get PAF to consider it after all. If LM wants it had enough clout to get sakes cleared.

If the Programme has been functional since 2010 or earlier then a 2020 IOC is not unrealistic.

As for F35, yes pressure was successful wrt F16. How successful were they with AH-1Z? The 8 F16 were purchased because we were getting a good deal. When FMF was blocked, then they became a bad dean, at 100 million a pop.

If PAF wants to buy F35, then there is a very good chance of it being sold. Lockheed Martin wants to sell. They have only spent 10+ years trying to get PAF to consider it after all. If LM wants it had enough clout to get sakes cleared.

Trust me Not gonna Happen F-35 in Pakistan

about AH-1Z it happened cause India is Buying Apache from US

Trust me Not gonna Happen F-35 in Pakistan

about AH-1Z it happened cause India is Buying Apache from US
I agree, its unlikely to happen, but not (solely) because of Indian pressure.

First time Lockheed spoke to PAF about it is back in 2002, right after the JSF contract award. They also brought it up in 2005/6 and 2010.

AH-1Z saw a yuuuge amount of lobbying against, even more than the F16 did. Indian pressure was not able to stop it.

Let me pull is some other people: @Dazzler @Oscar

Assuming that Building a aeronautical city is a sane decision; what could have prompted the need of
such a large industrial base ?

I cannot get my head around believing that only JF-17 could warrant enough business for a large
project like so.
The idea is to gain complete independence eventually of any foriegn supplier in defense equipment, so such a large investment is warranted but dependant on follow through and honesty of purpose

The idea is to gain complete independence eventually of any foriegn supplier in defense equipment, so such a large investment is warranted but dependant on follow through and honesty of purpose

Well, then there must be an airplane in mind, that we intend to achieve supplier independence on.
since F-16 isn't possible, and JF17 isn't worth it.

Well, then there must be an airplane in mind, that we intend to achieve supplier independence on.
since F-16 isn't possible, and JF17 isn't worth it.
Why is the JF-17 not worth it and why must there be an existing airplane in mind?

A great salute to sir Sohail Amman. He delivered on his promise. It is his brainchild and he worked diligently on realising it. I'm glad that he is able to see it before his retirement. Thank you sir. I hope his successors will work with the same dedication and make Pakistan one of the few countries in the world to be able to produce a 5th gen A/C indigenously.
By the way, this aviation city is bigger than 5th gen A/C since it will not only help us produce all the next gen A/C ( 6th, 7th so on..) it will also be provide us the technical expertise in producing rotary wing airplanes too.

Independance in every aspect.

1) Airframe
2) Propulsion
3) Avionics
4) EW/ECM

That sounds; unrealistic. As in literally, no one has ever had that, even the Americans and Russians. In WW2, the Americans used British engines and RADAR for the planes. They still use quite a bit of Euro tech in some of their planes.

I agree, its unlikely to happen, but not (solely) because of Indian pressure.

First time Lockheed spoke to PAF about it is back in 2002, right after the JSF contract award. They also brought it up in 2005/6 and 2010.

AH-1Z saw a yuuuge amount of lobbying against, even more than the F16 did. Indian pressure was not able to stop it.

Sir g even Rafales and Euro Fighters were also bought up on table in 2005 2006 etc
The situation of today is much different then it was before

Why is the JF-17 not worth it and why must there be an existing airplane in mind?

IF a proper business plan exists, there must be justifications with respect to what we want to build there
and what we want to invest.

Looking at the sale price of JF17, I don't see how can a full in house manufacturing can be justified.

Sir g even Rafales and Euro Fighters were also bought up on table in 2005 2006 etc
The situation of today is much different then it was before
F35 was 10 years from being deployed in 2005/2006 so you cannot compare EF-2000 and Rafaels. As it is, the PAF bought the Block 52+ and MLU F16 instead, all more capable than either.

Back
Top Bottom