What's new

PAF establishes Aviation City at Aeronautical complex Kamra

The idea is to gain complete independence eventually of any foriegn supplier in defense equipment, so such a large investment is warranted but dependant on follow through and honesty of purpose

InshAllah this will be the case.

Indiginous design will be the bestest step with foreign input.

Independance in every aspect.

1) Airframe
2) Propulsion
3) Avionics
4) EW/ECM

That sounds; unrealistic. As in literally, no one has ever had that, even the Americans and Russians. In WW2, the Americans used British engines and RADAR for the planes. They still use quite a bit of Euro tech in some of their planes.
The analogy actually goes in favor if this argument, all of these folks had to learn and adapt technology from other places before they coukd build it all at home, same approach here.

IF a proper business plan exists, there must be justifications with respect to what we want to build there
and what we want to invest.

Looking at the sale price of JF17, I don't see how can a full in house manufacturing can be justified.
But the justification does not need to be in terms of a product named or a chosen design. It can be a goal to accomplish a certain manufacturing base without really having a model ready to go.

Pakistan begins construction of aerospace complex

Key Points

• Proposed facility intended to support self-reliance in aerospace production
    • Complex will also produce fifth-generation fighters, says air force chief
On 6 July, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) broke ground on a new industrial base intended to support development of the country's military and commercial aerospace capability.

The new complex – named 'Aviation City' – is being established within the state-owned Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) in Kamra in the north of the country, and is expected to be operational within the next two years. The PAC is owned and run by the PAF.

The complex is intended to house a range of aerospace academic, research, and development institutes and collaborate on major programmes with the PAC; the facility will also provide a base for a proposed Aviation Design Institute.
http://www.janes.com/article/72120/pakistan-begins-construction-of-aerospace-complex
2MzImBd.gif

Last edited:
Independance in every aspect.

1) Airframe
2) Propulsion
3) Avionics
4) EW/ECM

That sounds; unrealistic. As in literally, no one has ever had that, even the Americans and Russians. In WW2, the Americans used British engines and RADAR for the planes. They still use quite a bit of Euro tech in some of their planes.
We have taken the step and we will reach the destination regardless of how and when.
Right now the focus is on airframe, AESA, MALE and some guided weapons. Other aspects will be added soon ...
There is NOTHING UNREALISTIC about it.

Air Superiority
Sea Superiority
Military Superiority

Is not the official mandate , our mandate is engage and then press the button
Well budy, without air superiority it's really difficult to achieve any of our objective...and i don't mean complete air superority over IAF...atleast we should have the capability to launch an offensive and put IAF on defensive....n that i think PAF doesn't has..not atleast with current fleet..or even with the introduction of handful of J-31...bcoz india ca literally buy atleast 100-150 stealth..in the long run and that will again put PAF under pressure

I don't see any technical buildings I.e. Wind Tunnels, Manufacturing facilities etc.

this is for Air University .... I don't think it has any thing to do with Manufacturing facility

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom