What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

View attachment 819445How would you assess that? How realistic is it? It doesn't look that much good for PAF! šŸ˜³ In radar ranges. In short anyone here who can analyze this and debunk this Indian theory. They have given radar and missile ranges in this infographic.
Not sure about BARS but RBE-2AA has a range of 140km against fighter sized targets per open source info, which again may be wrong. Of course it may be able to detect a Boeing 747 at 190 km if that's what they are aiming for.

Not sure about BARS but RBE-2AA has a range of 140km against fighter sized targets per open source info, which again may be wrong. Of course it may be able to detect a Boeing 747 at 190 km if that's what they are aiming for.
Exactly I read it's range to be 130KM. Don't know from where they get the ranges data!

View attachment 819445How would you assess that? How realistic is it? It doesn't look that much good for PAF! šŸ˜³ In radar ranges. In short anyone here who can analyze this and debunk this Indian theory. They have given radar and missile ranges in this infographic.
this is from Indian source with obvious biases without any supporting evidences This was posted earlier as well.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220228-001119.jpg

PAF relies heavily on networking, not on individual radars.
So does the IAF. Comparisons of potential competitor weapons in isolation have their use and should not be avoided by appeal to the synced nature of modern warfare. It is highly likely that these platforms will engage the enemy while disconnected from their C4ISR - as Abhinandan was obliged to.

So does the IAF. Comparisons of potential competitor weapons in isolation have their use and should not be avoided by appeal to the synced nature of modern warfare. It is highly likely that these platforms will engage the enemy while disconnected from their C4ISR - as Abhinandan was obliged to.
I wasn't on about capability, but doctrine and war strategy.
PAF war plans and strategies are heavily netcentric.
In a left alone scenario, it depends on pilot skills and courage.

I wasn't on about capability, but doctrine and war strategy.
PAF war plans and strategies are heavily netcentric.
In a left alone scenario, it depends on pilot skills and courage.
The trouble is that most of you come into these discussions half-arsed, without doing your homework, and then try to defend your positions to the last man, last bullet. Relax.

Read the above.

Joe, I am tempted to put up this as my signature.

Hi,

I also had a terrible relationship with my father as well and my teachers as well.

In 1974 in my college physics class while studying aerodynamic---I shared with the class that the Boeing 707 uses refined kerosene fuel.

It was at the Degree college Asghar Mall Rd in Pindi and the Physics Professor was Prof Khurhsid---if older asghar mall college students may remember him---.

That A'hole insukted and humikiated me and made fun of me.

Never asking where and how I got the information---. If he would have asked I would have told him about my father's friend the PIA boeing 707 engineer that I met a couple of weeks ago at Karachi airport---.

But the thing is---that it was not my fault---it was my father's fault---.

He started buying books for me when I was born---. Books or war and history and literature---at 10 years of age I had read war and peace---Gone with the wind---the readers digest 10 volume books on world war 2---and myriads of other books and that is in the mid 60---at 7 years of age I started---and the books were in english and not children books.

And you are right again---that is why I told my wife to keep my kids illiterate and don't take them to the library---and I say the same to you and others reading thias post---.

Don't teach your kids more than what their teachers are exposed to---their teachers will insult them and humiliate them---their elders will insult them and hate them---their friends will hate them---.

And for what---I am only saying what I know---and just because you don't know it---please don't blame me for it.

Now if I was proven wrong and if I had stated lies on this forum---I can understand your comments very well---but most of what I have written over the years has come true---so what difference a little drubbing makes---?
MK, I had a somewhat similar trajectory & experiences. I fully empathize with you. I also told my wife to keep my children at a distance or else they would turn out to be somewhat like me. We are kindred spirits in a way. I disliked most of my teachers because they were concerned with covering syllabus & not developing kids' minds or entertaining questions. I have so many stories to relate on this subject.

I feel for you & I can literally experience some of the pain that you felt & continue to feel. I wish things had been a little different for both of us.

I am sorry for the OT dear forum-members. But it is important to show empathy & solidarity with a fellow-member. He is one of us.

Read the above.

Joe, I am tempted to put up this as my signature.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This has been an unexpected morning, first, a glorious compliment from the dean of the forum, then, heart-breaking indifference to kids stranded in danger by known friends and people I earnestly and sincerely believe in.

You put the smile back on my face. Thanks.

šŸ™

I understand that PAF jamming suppressed the ground controller's signals and frantic messages to Abhinandan; she came on TV afterwards, and talked about the frustration of seeing 'her' a/c fly into certain danger (the jamming apparently didn't stop her from following the IAF pilots on radar).

The MiG 21 is 1955 technology; even with the Bison variant, it isn't easy to get it into networked behaviour, and its pilots have an edge to them, as is natural.

Apparently the combat air patrol, consisting of less than half a dozen planes aloft, were completely overwhelmed by the mass and direction of the PAF attack, and, knowing that their planes were within missile range and unable to hit back due to that same discrepancy in ranges, kept their distance. It is not at all clear to me why, under those circumstances, that flight of MiGs was scrambled.

All in all, there was superior battle management by the PAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom