What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Irrespective of BS data spewed in this graph. Look at the sanghi audacity. On one side they are calling tejas ( A french design, israeli radar, US engine and Russian AAMs as Indian) while on the other side JF-17 is a Chinese product. LOL
They have thrown themselves into subhuman levels.

Who would believe now that this unified India was once the crown jewel of the world producing around 30% of the total global GDP a couple of centuries ago!

Full of sh!t. The current Modi Govt and lunatic media has accelerated their neurological degradation multiple times. Pathetic!

Still no pics of J-10C In Pakistan?View attachment 819635
J-10CP
پشاور میں نظر آ گیا

This appears to be a new variant called J-10PS.

Who is flying them? Pakistani or Chinese pilot's???

Plz share them here!

Perhaps it has to do with snowy cold weather. Planes generally have issue of ice forming on the wings and the fuselage during lengthy flights, which could result in an accident. The planes are treated before take off with ice resistant showers.

Just a wild guess though.

They are sending PLAAF pilots on a one way trip to Pakistan and once they dismount, they'll spend the rest of their career sight seeing in Islamabad... Of course those are Pakistanis pilots!

Irrespective of BS data spewed in this graph. Look at the sanghi audacity. On one side they are calling tejas ( A french design, israeli radar, US engine and Russian AAMs as Indian) while on the other side JF-17 is a Chinese product. LOL
One ton of education requires 9 tons of intelligence to be successful in positive matters. Clever Indians think cunningness is more important than intelligence, and negative thought process supersedes every thing else and is the only way to success. Hence, their prime strategy is to fight Pak till the Last Afgan/TTP/BLA/AZ/NS/PDM/PTM etc.

Can't deny the pilot's experience part but F-16s in PAF inventory are no match for the latest Vigorous Dragon in A-A combat. Highly effective radar, latest ew suite, more lethal BVR missile, wide angle HOBS WVR missiles. It's a beast. PAF would already have evaluated J-10C against thunders, fighting falcons and flankers before taking a purchasing decision.
When there has not been a single encounter? I had laid down the conditions. I don't think one should get over confident. The F16 is still a very potent killing machine with an enviable record. The J10 has not seen any such encounters so one should be careful in one's assessment. If this was not the case then why do we blame the Indians for their pre 27/02 worship of the mighty MKI. I understand the advantage the J10 will have but still don't underestimate the old dog.
A

Last edited:
Thread is sticky since it is confirmed and can be easy for access as well as to post news accordingly.
Thanks Allama Sahib.

Secondly about engine debacle, I think it will be premature and even Non-credible heresy but insisting kind of discussion if we are about to create a separate thread. Mind you, this is still a personal opinion based on possible info but we can't just rely or even acknowledge that. However, if @messiach think that she can spare some time and share the permitted information, it will be posted as a new thread. However, in my personal opinion, it doesn't need a separate discussion as of yet. I would say if officials are tight lipped, let us not run ahead of time. At least, it may be narrated in other sense and might have misunderstood for some reasons. I believe Messiach has her own reasons to not to continue on subject.

For the time being, @araz and me, are in conversation and we might come up with something if need be. Till then please continue here.

Regards

Evolution of Jet Engine fuel control system from hydro mechanical to digital is something worth discussing. FCU to UFC (F-100 engine), supported by EEC then DEEC. Now we have FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) installed on latest RD-93/33 and WS-10 engines.

Extent of ToT PAF to acquire from the manufacturers is the interesting subject which may be addressed.

In my opinion. PAC PAF will negotiate for ToT which will include complete overhauling facility consisting of test rig(s) and other overhauling tools and equipment. Training of manpower to conduct such maintenance will also be the part of ToT.

Though this type of facility will provide insight knowledge of FADEC technology but it will not be enough to establish independent facility to design and manufacture such sophisticated components. However, it can be a stepping stone for further advancement.

I am not sure if PAC PAF already have overhauling facility for BARK 93 or otherwise. However, JF-17 engine smoke problem addressed in the past indicates our engineers were able to tweak the fuel control system. How? Needs some reliable info.

PS: Any ToT from non-western country is not simple. Language is the biggest issue. Russians and Chinese tech manuals are not like US and other western countries' tech manuals. Language, technical terms, symbols and abbreviations some or most of the times do not match with western standards.

PAC tech teams acquiring such knowledge have to exert lot of efforts to prepare these tech manuals at par of PAF standards. @messiach

If you look at Messiach's post it specifically said PAF will need TOT for FADEC from Lyalca Saturn. Now that got me thinking if we get TOT for the FADEC can we get it on the RD series or not. Now I am a total infant when it comes to engineering matters but one wonders whether this is the reason PAF is going to go for it as well.
As mentioned I maybe totally wrong and happy to be corrected bit just throwing it out there.
A

25 are more than enough to make a squadron. It's not that bad number! 36 would have made 2 squadrons.

I think sheikh was told that till 23rd March you would have 25 jets ready in Pakistani colors to take part in the parade. So a few of them would take part in the parade and the constant supply would continue till initial order of unknown quantity is completed. I am sure PAF would never tell the number they are aiming for.

Can only be disclosed if someone update us on Ministry of Defence acquisition expenditures document of the ongoing year
Order is not of 25. 25 will be in Pakistan by 23rd March. Order was of 36 which according to latest reports has been increased to 60. And go even further.

Why worry about infographics? The less is known, the more own capabilities are under-estimated, the better it is. There are so many other factors involved that such simplistic assessment rarely are accurate. Perhaps for chest-thumping this is alright.

I know. Been to Mach loop.
But why can't PAF do the same?
Both India and Pakistan employ "fair weather" air forces. During Red Flag exercises, both air forces opted not to fly when weather conditions were demanding.
When deploying aircraft overseas and to airspaces where air crews are not fully acclimatized, it is quite possible that visiting aircraft would not go on sorties in rough weather. It is a matter of risk when flying overseas because in adverse weather, you may have to rely on instrumentation and that too in an unknown air space, as such it is more risk than necessary. Secondly, on deployments like Red Flag, there are sufficient days built into the exercise to cover for sorties lost to adverse weather etc. Why then put the crews in a tight situation?

However, when home-side, flying only in "fair weather" only isn't the norm. As an example, flight operations out of PAF base Qadri (Skardu) have to be conducted quite frequently in over-cast, rainy weather.

Why worry about infographics? The less is known, the more own capabilities are under-estimated, the better it is. There are so many other factors involved that such simplistic assessment rarely are accurate. Perhaps for chest-thumping this is alright.

Sometimes chest-thumping or D measuring contest is very important and fun for the boys and men in military forums. Especially when you have new toys in town. 😅

It's time to leave China soon. Good luck
一路顺风,一路平安:smitten:
00001.jpg
00002.jpg
00003.jpg
00004.jpg
0005.jpg
00006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom