What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Sorry buddy, American equipment and products come with "conditions."

Why did we get J-10Cs then? Why not buy more advanced F-16s? LOL?

Because the answer is obvious the USA cannot be trusted anymore.

Besides China is a much better ally than USA could ever be.
lol chinese equip also comes with conditions. Let me know when you see a J-10 flying alongside NATO planes. Infact, Chinese equip is literally downgraded for export...

China much better ally because youre being given corrupt deals to push the country into more debt, got it. Chinese power projects in PK cost 3-4x more than comparable ones in India. Chinese projects use CHINESE manpower, FLOWN in from CHINA, paid for by PAKISTANI taxpayers. Seems like a great deal really.

No F-16s because no money. Always been the same story...

My wish is for having 36 Block 72's but that even isn't close to happen. Heli's no not yet. That old deal of C-130J's which was pushed back due to lack of funds from our side probably can happen. MRTT of western origin (A330) yes probably can happen due to utmost requirement & priority. More TPS-77 MRR's, probably not for now got 26 already. That's all incase of western origin systems vis a vis PAF.
A330MRTT seems unlikely and are very expensive, Airbus VETO'ed A310MRTT over concerns of increasing the offensive ounch of PAF

My wish is for having 36 Block 72's but that even isn't close to happen. Heli's no not yet. That old deal of C-130J's which was pushed back due to lack of funds from our side probably can happen. MRTT of western origin (A330) yes probably can happen due to utmost requirement & priority. More TPS-77 MRR's, probably not for now got 26 already. That's all incase of western origin systems vis a vis PAF.
lol chinese equip also comes with conditions. Let me know when you see a J-10 flying alongside NATO planes. Infact, Chinese equip is literally downgraded for export...

China much better ally because youre being given corrupt deals to push the country into more debt, got it. Chinese power projects in PK cost 3-4x more than comparable ones in India. Chinese projects use CHINESE manpower, FLOWN in from CHINA, paid for by PAKISTANI taxpayers. Seems like a great deal really.

A330MRTT seems unlikely and are very expensive, Airbus VETO'ed A310MRTT over concerns of increasing the offensive ounch of PAF
Just my opinion, but I agree, the PAF will likely pursue a new air-to-air refueling (AAR) platform soon, maybe as its next acquisition target.

However, I don't think getting the A330 MRTT directly from Airbus can be on the cards (as they have a vested business interest in India). But...I can see the PAF trying an original project where they acquire some surplus airliner A330s and, in turn, modify them into AARs using UPAZ hose-and-drogue pods. It wouldn't be a simple project, but I'm sure Paramount Group from South Africa could take a shot at it, just as they are with the Sea Sultan LRPMA. It'd crack open the AAR market to more players too, and I'm sure the likes of Leonardo and others would love that.

Last edited:

I disagree with you. China has helped Pakistan more than USA has.

I disagree with you. China has helped Pakistan more than USA has.
you disagree with me, so just answer one question,

Lets say, you have a business, with your own employees, but one day, you need some equipment, and for that equipment, you need a loan.

a bank agrees to provide both, however, it will be on their terms, which are
- we will bring our manpower in abroad to complete the task with the equiptment
-you will pay for our manpower to be flown out, you will pay for housing and their expenses also
-you will also pay their wages
-you will also pay for all of this with the loan we give you at a steep interest rate
-we will also charge 3-4x the market rate
-all of the output produced through this deal will be our own and you will need to purchase it from us

You up for taking that deal? Sound reasonable?

You have to be literally blind to not see that CPEC is a means of China exploiting the desperate state of Pakistan, they get risk free access to trade routes, but access that is paid for by the taxpayer through insane loans.

Its clear as day, there are so many questionable decisions and projects taken under CPEC.

On top of that, CPEC is literally destroying the livelihood of balochis and natives to the lands. Why are Chinese fishermen fishing in our waters with impunity. What is the PMSA being funded for if they are not protecting our waters. Why are the Chinese running around our lands, acting as if they can do whatever they want. CPEC is a fraud and just a way for corrupt Chinese and corrupt Pakistanis to line their pockets. Even your messiah IK agreed, but he promptly downplayed that once he got into power and suddenly forgot.

Lets say, you have a business, with your own employees, but one day, you need some equipment, and for that equipment, you need a loan.

-you will pay for our manpower to be flown out, you will pay for housing and their expenses also
-you will also pay for all of this with the loan we give you at a steep interest rate
-all of the output produced through this deal will be our own and you will need to purchase it from us

You have to be literally blind to not see that CPEC is a means of China exploiting the desperate state of Pakistan, they get risk free access to trade routes, but access that is paid for by the taxpayer through insane loans.

Its clear as day, there are so many questionable decisions and projects taken under CPEC.

On top of that, CPEC is literally destroying the livelihood of balochis and natives to the lands. Why are Chinese fishermen fishing in our waters with impunity. What is the PMSA being funded for if they are not protecting our waters. Why are the Chinese running around our lands, acting as if they can do whatever they want. CPEC is a fraud and just a way for corrupt Chinese and corrupt Pakistanis to line their pockets. Even your messiah IK agreed, but he promptly downplayed that once he got into power and suddenly forgot.
I don't have time for theoretical examples or anecdotes.

China has still done the most for Pakistan, and CPEC is in Pakistan's interests.

The J-10 is currently flying with Turkish F-16s (although I agree with you)

Hi,

Not a prudent comment.

You need correction in you english diction---.

Downgrade equipment is not the same as equipment coming with conditions---.

I mean to ask---what level of illiteracy that you hold to make these two totally different things sound as one and the same---.

Chinese projects 3 -4 time in pak is because pak deal makers take large bribes---.

Last edited:

absolutely, but people here don't understand. they have been taught Pak-Cheen dost zindabad and they are stick to it without taking ground realities into account.

Let me know when you see a J-10 flying alongside NATO planes.
We might soon, on the other hand US never allowed our F-16s to participate in exercises with PLAAF. And they closely monitor them.

Infact, Chinese equip is literally downgraded for export...
Everyone does this

This is not true at all? PAF would've ordered more F-16s / upgrade kits in a heartbeat if Congress was willing to approve it.

Thank you for highlighting these points. The partnership with China has run its course. China is not interested in propping up Pakistan against India, instead they intend to sell their subpar equipment above market rates to it. Otherwise if they truly thought it as some ally, they would have sending loads of surplus military hardware for free similar to how NATO is sending to Ukraine.

China has been able to scam Pakistan by selling subpar at exorbitant prices. This includes the power plants. Why? It's because Pakistanis are very easy to fool and take advantage of, or even easier to bribe. Just as the west had been extracting benefit from Pakistan at the expense of its people, China intends to do the same.

The only solution to Pakistan's problems is to stand up independently on its own feet. It must increase its industrial capacity, its exports, etc. It must improve its education system to churn out startups that will become industrial conglomerates. This is a do or die situation. There is no alternative. No more depending on US, China, or anyone but themselves.

25 were ordered and are delivered as of now

So does Wikipedia have the wrong information? It says the PAF ordered 36 total and 14 have been delivered so far with 22 still on order. That's incorrect?

23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan

I was actually looking for the total cost of the contract. I'm guessing your info is more accurate than what's on Wiki. How much was the total contract price?

So does Wikipedia have the wrong information? It says the PAF ordered 36 total and 14 have been delivered so far with 22 still on order. That's incorrect?

23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan

I was actually looking for the total cost of the contract. I'm guessing your info is more accurate than what's on Wiki. How much was the total contract price?
The initial order was of 25 Jets.Even Gulf News reported it.
And it seems the order is complete
I don't know about further order

About price,we don't know.It will be revealed in MoDP report book probably And that is not released yet.may be in 2024.

Bro, I really don't understand but TBH, it seems you are bit bias against China.

You tell me honestly, Which one has more probability to happen?
J-10Cs in next few years flying in any international exercise
OR
F-16s flying in China or even in Pakistan at Shaheen exercises?

China definitely has proved to be trustworthy ally. The reason is we have commonality of objectives in the region. We share same neighborhood, we have a physical road connection (Karakoram highway, 1000s of pak china workers died making this incredible route), We share the common enemy. As a student of history, even I seems to be forgetting how numerous times only one nation stood by Pakistan when all others were at other side in intl diplomacy, intl forums, UN security council.
Recently, some mistrust might have developed and that's because Pakistani establishment moving heaven and earth to please the americans. Any chinese cold shoulder from now on is totally justified.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @arslank03 (Tagging bilal, since you are in agreement with arslan). I wonder why we always tend to be in china bashing mode even when the history proves something else.

Its never been "ALWAYS" the same story. Number of times we had money and we even paid money, but instead we were given expired wheat instead of the F-16s. I wonder how come we forget history or forget parts of history just to make a point.

You guys are well aware, that we were being bullied by the US. Those times there was no alternative available (As China's tech was far behind at 2nd gen fighters), so US knew we could not go anywhere else. You guys know that we received AMRAAMs after 30 years of F-16. Our F-16s were toothless in entire 90's and 2000s without BVR capability. US only allowed to sell us AMRAAMS when entire NATO supplychain was passing through Pak and another important point that came in discussions of US policy makers during those times was that Pakistan already receiving BVR capability from China (SD-10). We were at the mercy of Indian BVR capability the whole time and we begged the US and never got it when we needed the most. How can anyone forget those 2 decades ??

Secondly, the kind of monitoring PAF F-16s are going through is not even remotely comparable with J-10Cs. This is a curse for any country with a bit of dignity but we don't really care. (ref: https://warontherocks.com/2020/08/h...e-with-pakistan-can-help-it-deal-with-turkey/)

Apart from this there are numerous collaborations in many sensitive technologies including the missile programs, nuclear, both civil and otherwise. Thinking of such collaborations with the United States is unthinkable at first place. You do it with your trusted ally.

I can give several examples, I will just give one. Do you expect US to give us arms if we are at imminent risk of war with the india? I give you example, we begged US in previous wars and nothing happened despite being (non-nato ally BS), In 2002, we remember when indian and Pakistani forces were eye ball to eye ball, Chinese shipped F-7PGs within no time. This is called friendship. Atleast it was like that in those times.

I think all of us, including myself should try to change our views and try see things without the bais that has developed over the years. China is not a saint as well, In the end, country's relationships are based on mutual interests. If we realize, we have tremendous mutual interests with the power that's sitting just next instead the one which uses Pakistan as a tissue paper.

Edit:
Bilal & Arslan, Guys if you think: always no money and so no F-16s is a valid argument. Then why following happened:
1- J-10Cs are not coming free, eventually we are going to pay for it. We bought a new platform. PAF was flying F-16s for 4 decades, might have loved just 10 initial order of F-16 block 70 or even 52 but geopolitics 101 that PAF is aware that US would not have approved the sales. see point 2 why.
2- Forget F-16s, the US did not even approved the engines for Turk helicopters- how on earth they would have approved block-70 or even block 52 ?
3- and why in past we kept lobbying for F-16s, we obviously had the money in the past. Why instead of our even paid amounts we were given Wheat instead of the jets.

Yes, the US may only sell you some stuff when they need you as a hired goon.

Last edited:
The initial order was of 25 Jets.Even Gulf News reported it.
And it seems the order is complete
I don't know about further order

I'm not surprised Wiki got it wrong, it's just sad that it would be inaccurate on such a topic of this caliber and magnitude.

24 aircraft and an option for 12 more is typically the standard on these first-time orders if the package isn't all 36 at once. So the 25 count is interesting.

About price,we don't know.It will be revealed in MoDP report book probably And that is not released yet.may be in 2024.

It would be great to know what the number on the package was. That would definitely give us an idea as to the difference between China and the Euro-based jets. Initial purchase costs are a bit more complicated because of the unknown extent of the weapons package, the training cost for not only pilots but crew also and if simulators and how many were also included.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom