What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

But that‘s for the WS-10C, the updated version used by the J-20A. In contrast to the C-model, the J-10C uses the less powerful standard WS-10B, which is supposed to deliver a thrust of 132kn.
No worries bro it is hard to find anything.
Yes bro always hard to find official sources in China, but here are thrust data compiled from Baidu-pedia (Baike) or news outlet like Sohu:
  • WS-10: 122 kN, the baseline variant, production discontinued
  • WS-10A: 132 kN, first seen at the 2008 China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition, production discontinued 2017, stocks still in service for J-11B
  • WS-10B: 142 kN (14.5 tons), formally announced on 2017 Feb 23 on China Aviation Post (中国航空报), in serial production since 2017 (order for AL31F stopped at the same year) till now, supplied to new jets including J-10B/C and J-16/16D
  • WS-10C: Same thrust as B, this variant is compatible only for J-20

涡扇10B发动机有多强?推力可达14.5吨,性能十分强悍_我国 (sohu.com)
歼11D或装备歼20同款航电系统!将成为世界最强三代半战机_涡扇 (sohu.com)
太行发动机_百度百科 (baidu.com)

Last edited:
And what term in Urdu would he have used.
May be in your opinion, he meant Rafale ka muqabla ya toor will be done by J-10 acquired by Somalian Air force. Lol
Screenshot_20220108-230510_Chrome.jpg

From the Interior Minister Shaikh Rasheed's exact words, where does it say Pakistan has acquired the J-10s?

Rafale kay muqablay meh Pakistan Air Force jo hai, flying past karnay lagi hai JS-10 Cheen kay jahaaz say.
Translation: To counter the Rafale, Pakistan Air Force which is, will be conducting a flypast with the Chinese aircraft.​

Yeh Rafale kay torr meh hum nay, JS-10 jo hai, wo aik poora 25 ka squadron flying past karay ga.
Translation: On par with this Rafale we have, the J-10 which is, they will perform a fly past of a full squadron of 25.​

From the above translations, how do Interior Minister's gibberish comments confirm Pakistan has purchased the J-10s?

Last edited:
You are mistaken here my friend. That response was after he said J-10 induction is routine matter and then a journalist cited Sheikh Rasheed's statement about 25 jets on that DG ISPR said " I can't confirm anything on that account" .... See, here 'that account' means the exact number of J-10s, not the platform itself.
The deal is 99% thru. Stop being stubborn. You mean he is saying PLAAF J-10c do the fly pass in March for PAF and PLAAF J-10C do the dealing with Rafale on behalf of PAF?
Hey bros don't get me wrong I don't have a stance (support vs against) at all, only unconvinced on credibility of this rumour

View attachment 807174

From the Interior Minister Shaikh Rasheed's exact words, where does it say Pakistan has acquired the J-10s?

Rafale kay muqablay meh Pakistan Air Force jo hai, flying past karnay lagi hai JS-10 Cheen kay jahaaz say.
Translation: To counter the Rafale, Pakistan Air Force which is, will be conducting a flypast of Chinese aircraft.​

Yeh Rafale kay torr meh hum nay, JS-10 jo hai, wo aik poora 25 ka squadron flying past karay ga.
Translation: On par with this Rafale we have, the J-10 which is, they will perform a fly past of a full squadron of 25.​

From the above translations, how do Interior Minister's gibberish comments confirm Pakistan has purchased the J-10s?
Well I'm guessing that when he said the 25 aircraft that will be conducting a flypast are going to be RC models.
Stop beating about the Bush now dude.

I think it's too early to cheer for (or hate) the deal, this rumour is not confirmed thus far. It originated from Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed saying "J-10 will attend the Pakistan Day ceremony on 23 March 2022", it does not exclude the possibility that he actually meant "J-10 (of PLAAF)" till this very moment. Judging by observations and some facts, in my opinion no such deal can possibly be made.
The birds are 100% confirmed due in. The intake has already resulted in making of an entirely new Sqn, which has absorbed Mirages of No. 15 Sqn. The infrastructure to handle the birds is ready.

Hey bros don't get me wrong I don't have a stance (support vs against) at all, only unconvinced on credibility of this rumour
I know you try to be the devil advocate but I am 99% the deal will go thru. There are lots of capability that JF-17 cant replaced especially the bigger and more capable KJL-10 AESA which JF-17 one can't fit.

Surely AVIC Chengdu has carry out plenty of mock aerial combat between JF-17 and J-10 using PLAAF or PLANAF pilot with all kind of scenario from WVR to BVR or heavy ECM environment to AWACS/network support to conclude J-10 is much superior and therefore PLAAF decide not to induct JF-17.

In addition to local assembly of AESA, J10 comes with AL-31 ToT. We are looking towards a greater russian input in our NGFA program.
Not saying you're lying, but how reliable is this information? Because some members have been talking about the WS-10B engine being used.

In addition to local assembly of AESA, J10 comes with AL-31 ToT. We are looking towards a greater russian input in our NGFA program.
What about rd93ma? Is the jf17 fitted with the improved version? I am surprised j10 comes with Russian engine instead of Chinese!

What about rd93ma? Is the jf17 fitted with the improved version? I am surprised j10 comes with Russian engine instead of Chinese!
don't forget that Pakistan and Russia are also forging a new alliance. gotta keep the Russians happy as well. some decisions are political, not technical. If the WS10 and AL31 are at par in performance and reliability, then might as well use the AL31 to keep the Russians warned up to us, they aren't gonna be sanction prone thanks to China. indian influence on Russia is now dismal, nonexistent. ;)

Last edited:
@messiach
Ma'am. Aap kay muh mein ghee shakar!! Just to confirm, are you saying ToT for production of Al-31 in Pakistan from raw materials or higher depot level maintenance? If its the former that ought to be the best news in a long time. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
I know you try to be the devil advocate but I am 99% the deal will go thru. There are lots of capability that JF-17 cant replaced especially the bigger and more capable KJL-10 AESA which JF-17 one can't fit.

Surely AVIC Chengdu has carry out plenty of mock aerial combat between JF-17 and J-10 using PLAAF or PLANAF pilot with all kind of scenario from WVR to BVR or heavy ECM environment to AWACS/network support to conclude J-10 is much superior and therefore PLAAF decide not to induct JF-17.

That’s not entirely true. I think that China in the early 2000s underestimated the pace of economic growth and military modernization that would ensue in the following two decades. Had the economy grown slower PLAAF would have remained a defensive Air Force, and JF-17 would have filled the niche as a bulk J-7 replacement.

Back
Top Bottom