What's new

PAF participates in "Red Flag" and "Green Flag"

It cannot Data Link with US AWACS which controls the exercise which will end us up like IAF's MKI Embarrassment that is why only F-16's will participate.

regards:

Dear,

I am certain that our current configuration of F-16 A/B Block 15 do not have link 16 built into them, so they will not be able to communicate with US AWACS either.

It would have been better if PAF held off till next year, and participated with its F16 Bl52's.

Regards,
Sapper

EIELSON AIR FORCE, Alaska -- The latest RED FLAG-Alaska exercise kicked off Monday at Eielson and Elmendorf AFB, AK.

This exercise is expected to be the largest iteration this year; with more than 2,500 personnel and 124 aircraft taking part in the large-force exercise and is scheduled to end June 25.

Air Force units from Shaw AFB, S.C., Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz., Yokota AB, Japan, Kadena AB, Japan, Hickam AFB, HI and elements of the Louisiana and Florida Air National Guard are all participating in the 10-day exercise.

The U.S. Marine Corps is also represented by a Harrier squadron from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Yuma, Ariz.

At Eielson, the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force has sent F-15J fighter aircraft and KC-767 tanker aircraft to participate in the exercise and the Italian Air Force has sent a detachment of Tornado strike aircraft. At Elmendorf, Belgium and JASDF have sent C-130 transport aircraft.

Aircrews will challenge each other in varying combat scenarios over the skies of Alaska. The exercise is conducted at the Joint-Alaska Pacific Range Complex, a military range that spans nearly 67,000 square miles over much of the Eastern portion of Interior Alaska.

Dear,

I am certain that our current configuration of F-16 A/B Block 15 do not have link 16 built into them, so they will not be able to communicate with US AWACS either.

It would have been better if PAF held off till next year, and participated with its F16 Bl52's.

Regards,
Sapper

Well i am aware of that and i think Block 52's will participate in the exercise as we are receiving four of them this month but i am not sure how many we may require.
PAF must have a plan in place before accepting such an offer dont you think so?

I think our F-16's can be guided by either E-3 or any Ground based Radar station during the exercise , here is the USAF F-16 in the redflag.

Last edited:
Well i am aware of that and i think Block 52's will participate in the exercise as we are receiving four of them this month but i am not sure how many we may require.
PAF must have a plan in place before accepting such an offer dont you think so?

A/B are more likely to be participating. The BLK-52 should be arriving Pakistan next 8-10 days.

Will be great for the PAF to show its mastery of older F-16s against some of the latest aircrafts.

A/B are more likely to be participating. The BLK-52 should be arriving Pakistan next 8-10 days.

Will be great for the PAF to show its mastery of older F-16s against some of the latest aircrafts.

Thanks for providing the well needed info sir:)

What i was worried about is that if A/B would be able to communicate with the AWACS as they dont have LINK-16 as Sapper mentioned ?

The reason is that i dont wana hear an embarrassment like Indian Air force because of the lack of data Link.

Everyone has their own say but i cannot deny this fact but in the mean while Red Flag has an international profile and we certainly need it after spending a decade in dark.

regards:

Yes sir I agree that it is an international profile, I'm giving my point of view that is strongly influenced by fighter pilots that have told me their experiences at Red Flag, and they said it wasn't good at all. Maybe this time there is a different output to it.

well interesting to see paf block 50/52 F 16 Vs Japanese F 15 J and Italian Tornado cant wait to seee

Why PAF is not participating with JF17..?
I mean it is a good opportunity for PAF to determine its true capabilities.

well interesting to see paf block 50/52 F 16 Vs Japanese F 15 J and Italian Tornado cant wait to seee

F-15s will be good to fly against, Tornado is nothing(know a lot of RAF guys who hate it). The Japenese F-2 would be a nice one to fly against, as if considered its even more advanced than F-16s in service with the UAE.

Plan as I heard is to send a whole Squadron(12-15 aircrafts). The exercise will take place at the end of the year. Schedule will be set after finalizing the technical details and duration of the exercise. My questions:

1. We all know when Red Flag will be held. Will it be a 5th or 6th segment for US and Pakistan only?

2. If PAF intends to send 12-15 aircrafts, will we have all blk-52 received before the exercise?

3. Are our pilots will be proficient enough on a blk-52 for Red Flag?

I think our pilots are extremely proficient on A/B and can give tough time to much superior aircrafts. Hopefully, some may have the CCIP by then. Needless to say flying skills of PAF are far superior than anys though they may not have the weapons on their platform.

F-15s will be good to fly against, Tornado is nothing(know a lot of RAF guys who hate it). The Japenese F-2 would be a nice one to fly against, as if considered its even more advanced than F-16s in service with the UAE.

adding to this JF will also have a chance to fly against J-11,J-10,F-15,Typhoon and rafael

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom