What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

TPS -77 along with the ATCRs should take care of the high and medium altitude surveillance.
The challenge is low level. MPDR needs to be replaced.
U got tps43 and ylc 2 as well for high and medium range .
Every CAS gives a lollipop for replacement of MPDR's but nothing concrete happened till now other then few trails of american and Chinese systems.

TPS 43 and YLC2 are aging out there is a replacement program for YLC2 but
In the long term TPS-77 and ATCR would survive and should be sufficient.
Low level is where the challenge lies.

TPS 43 and YLC2 are aging out there is a replacement program for YLC2 but
In the long term TPS-77 and ATCR would survive and should be sufficient.
Low level is where the challenge lies.
Tps43 is here for another 10 15 years and yes 3 sqn of ylc 2 can be replaced any time.

Why not replace the MPDRs with more ylc-6? They are pretty decent low level radars anyway?

Why not replace the MPDRs with more ylc-6? They are pretty decent low level radars anyway?
Actually they are more effective medium range radar , YLC 6 = MPDR 90 that is why they have separate sqn not part of GMCC
We need replacement of MPDR45 and MPDR60 MPDR90 ASAP.

ATCRS are excellent radars as well and should easily last for 10 to 15 years
Yes but ATCRs are linked with GMCC's and act as terminal radar for base. but agreed with your post.

Actually they are more effective medium range radar , YLC 6 = MPDR 90 that is why they have separate sqn not part of GMCC
We need replacement of MPDR45 and MPDR60 MPDR90 ASAP.

Yes but ATCRs are linked with GMCC's and act as terminal radar for base. but agreed with your post.

With due respect I think you overrate the YLC-6. The stupid radar had so many integration issues that at one time it seemed it would be phased out without going into operations.

With due respect I think you overrate the YLC-6. The stupid radar had so many integration issues that at one time it seemed it would be phased out without going into operations.
When I think of That 1 YLC-2 at hilltop YLC-6 is much much better.
And u cant talk much against Chinese weapon systems nowadays .
ZDK-03 is an example of it , U probably know about their performance issues I guess.

MPDR's are old but they are real badass systems , Once a MPDR picked up bogie at 31k feet in south punjab and its too much for a LLR

ZDK-03 is an example of it , U probably know about their performance issues I guess.

MPDR's are old but they are real badass systems , Once a MPDR picked up bogie at 31k feet in south punjab and its too much for a LLR

Thats the problem. Those good for nothing MPDRs will be the first to be jammed in an aggression. Your vintage pulse doplers dont stand a chance, but the ylc-6/ TPS-77 will counter it. Despite shortcomings, the ylc does come with decent anti jamming capability and does not malfunction much. Same goes for ZDK.

Thats the problem. Those good for nothing MPDRs will be the first to be jammed in an aggression. Your vintage pulse doplers dont stand a chance, but the ylc-6/ TPS-77 will counter it. Despite shortcomings, the ylc does come with decent anti jamming capability and does not malfunction much. Same goes for ZDK.
even tps43 can stand a chance but u do know which radar is had picked 287 times bogies on western border and 13 times scramble. Gone are those days when MPDR's were used to work alone now every GMCC works in loop with 606 wing :azn:
They big issue with MPDR's is their communication with pilots can be heard bu US of A
but I agree with ur post .

YLC-2 is high level and YLC - 6 was supposed to be low level but I would categorize it more as a medium level gap filler. I would not compare them. YLC-6 is however better than MPDR 90P
The best low level radars we have are the MPDR 45 and SPADA detection center.

Pakistan has another excellent low level radar which we have not yet discussed

YLC-2 is high level and YLC - 6 was supposed to be low level but I would categorize it more as a medium level gap filler. I would not compare them. YLC-6 is however better than MPDR 90P
The best low level radars we have are the MPDR 45 and SPADA detection center.

Pakistan has another excellent low level radar which we have not yet discussed
VERA passive radar?
Giraffe of AAD?
Yes YLC 6 is more of Medium range radar that's why we have seprate sqn 414 for it.
But I was talking about general Chinese radars

VERA passive radar?
Giraffe of AAD?
Yes YLC 6 is more of Medium range radar that's why we have seprate sqn 414 for it.
But I was talking about general Chinese radars

Girrafe is an excellent low level radar with a very high update rate.
We have the capability to indigenously upgrade the signal processing of MPDR and Girrafe radars keeping the same mechanical structure.
Improved subclutter visibility along with ECCM features such as frequency hopping and pulse coding could be utilized to provide low level coverage for the next 10 years at affordable costs
Integration with GMCC of Girrafe would not be a problem as we had already integrated it with PADS-77

Are u sure about your 414 Sqn info? To me it is an aging high level Sqn

Back
Top Bottom