What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Is it from a European country? I know which one ;)
Swedish :partay:
Giraffe of AAD?
Girrafe is an excellent low level radar with a very high update rate.
We have the capability to indigenously upgrade the signal processing of MPDR and Girrafe radars keeping the same mechanical structure.
Improved subclutter visibility along with ECCM features such as frequency hopping and pulse coding could be utilized to provide low level coverage for the next 10 years at affordable costs
Integration with GMCC of Girrafe would not be a problem as we had already integrated it with PADS-77

Are u sure about your 414 Sqn info? To me it is an aging high level Sqn
:welcome:

Girrafe is an excellent low level radar with a very high update rate.
We have the capability to indigenously upgrade the signal processing of MPDR and Girrafe radars keeping the same mechanical structure.
Improved subclutter visibility along with ECCM features such as frequency hopping and pulse coding could be utilized to provide low level coverage for the next 10 years at affordable costs
Integration with GMCC of Girrafe would not be a problem as we had already integrated it with PADS-77

Are u sure about your 414 Sqn info? To me it is an aging high level Sqn
ADWC guys adore girrafe alot .And in kilo area u got both girrafe and mpdr for coverage.
Somone told me YLC 6 got transfered to 414 for deployment .I can't confirm it
But except 483 I guess all GMCC's have YLC 6
Maybe 482 hasn't got ylc 6 as well but for 483 I can confirm.

T
Swedish :partay:

:welcome:

ADWC guys adore girrafe alot .And in kilo area u got both girrafe and mpdr for coverage.
Somone told me YLC 6 got transfered to 414 for deployment .I can't confirm it
But except 483 I guess all GMCC's have YLC 6
Maybe 482 hasn't got ylc 6 as well but for 483 I can confirm.

The problem is that girrafes are with army air defence and MPDRs are with PAF.
Jointness is a huge issue in our armed forces.
Look at Karachi. We have naval radars, PAF Radars, Army Radars and CAA Radars all in close vicinity with little or no data sharing. Criminal for a poor country like Pakistan.

T

The problem is that girrafes are with army air defence and MPDRs are with PAF.
Jointness is a huge issue in our armed forces.
Look at Karachi. We have naval radars, PAF Radars, Army Radars and CAA Radars all in close vicinity with little or no data sharing. Criminal for a poor country like Pakistan.
Absolutely .
If JSC had powers then situation was much much different.
But Alas due to trust deficit we are on wrong path

khushbu laga ke..

53318740_568862626949352_3569183462961184768_n.jpg

Absolutely .
If JSC had powers then situation was much much different.
But Alas due to trust deficit we are on wrong path
Idts the problem is of jamming if we centralize it. The fate will be same which happened with us during OBL raid. At least that is the official version of failure although I don't buy it. We already knew that what was happening in Abbotabad that night.

@Tps43

It turns out that your favourite "good for nothing" MPDRs and TPS43s are still "good enough".
More then good enough recent paf strikes tell us the story;)

Idts the problem is of jamming if we centralize it. The fate will be same which happened with us during OBL raid. At least that is the official version of failure although I don't buy it. We already knew that what was happening in Abbotabad that night.
During obl raid we had zero low level sensor at western border
And as far as other things are concerned well F16 take 6-9 mins in night to scramble but it tool them 1 hr why it took so long is questionable as info was provided very soon

Last edited:
More then good enough recent paf strikes tell us the story;)

During obl raid we had zero low level sensor at western border
And as far as other things are concerned well F16 take 6-9 mins in night to scramble but it took them 1 hr why it took so long is questionable as info was provided very soon

We were caught napping. F-16s would be futile, they would have jammed them anyway.

We were napping due to our own blunders of not having sensors on west part
We were caught napping. F-16s would be futile, they would have jammed them anyway.
I think Zardari statement next day was hint that we knew about raid and the way Obama downplayed his presence in Pakistan also show that PA, Govt and US knew what happened that night. Otherwise if OBL was in Pakistan USA would have totally destroyed us at least with some heavy sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom