What's new

PAF Reveals Bayraktar Akinci, TB-2, WL2 and Establishment of National ISR and Integrated Air Op Center in a Newly Released Video

I have only one thing to add to this thread:

1647016421220.jpeg

What's the weapon carrying profile like? How many AAM's, BVR, etc?

If it can carry an AESA (which it should) and 6 BVR's + 2 WVR's, this would make a great missile truck and loyal wingman
dude, chill. It's not a fighter jet. It looks like a AC-130 style gunships. You wouldn't want it to do more than CAS. It's nothing all that complicated.

I think Sheikha is right about J20. I love TFX more. But it might not be chosen by PAF if engines are not sorted.

Also the design released in video rhymes with J20. But Sheikha needs to make it official by saying JS20 😋

He proved himself to be a trustworthy after all

When did Pakistan got akinci UCAV. This is real game changer

Beside j10p .. akinci is the biggest surprise of 2022..

Just wonder how many PAF have? In my openion just 20 or so will be good enough even for India

WL2, TB2, SHAHPAR2 and now akinci. WOW

Pakistan Airforce inducted YLC-8E radar
YLC-8E is a new generation of alert radar with excellent anti-stealth capability with range of 500 km for fighter size target and 700 km for missiles, high mobility, strong anti-jamming capability, high reliability and good maintainability, which is tasked with medium-high altitude and medium-long-range air-to-air alert and guidance to achieve search, tracking and guidance of targets
YLC-8E radar.jpg

What's the weapon carrying profile like? How many AAM's, BVR, etc?

If it can carry an AESA (which it should) and 6 BVR's + 2 WVR's, this would make a great missile truck and loyal wingman
I think it's highly configurable. All missiles and Bombs are indigenous.

When did Pakistan got akinci UCAV. This is real game changer

Beside j10p .. akinci is the biggest surprise of 2022..

Just wonder how many PAF have? In my openion just 20 or so will be good enough even for India

WL2, TB2, SHAHPAR2 and now akinci. WOW
As far as the Turkish media is concerned, 2 export orders are for Akinjis. But, they may not be exported within this year for they're now meeting the local demand..

Akinci is a beast and a proper HALE, it is design to carry NG Aselsan F16 AESA Radar, as per Turkish media it will also carry A2A missile inventory , It can carry SOM Cruise missile
2x 750 HP engines
8 Hard points
30 k operational Altitude
40 k service ceiling
25 Hrs endurance

Surprised by the Akinchi induction. Turkey only inducted it less than 1 year. Pakistan will use this against the militants and the feedback will be given to Turkey to improve it more. Truly a beast of a drone, can carry air to air missiles, even cruise missiles. Should be used to monitor and destroy any terrorists around the border region.

Pakistan will use this against the militants and the feedback will be given to Turkey to improve it more.
Pakistan military should use S2 and give feedback to AWC.
Akinci is high end UCAV so will be used against India only.For antiterrorism ops, S2 should be first priority not imported items because S2 has long way to go and only military feedback can help AWC to improve it further.

I don't know why you people forget our indiginous products and always advocate for imported items use.This is unfair.

dude, chill. It's not a fighter jet. It looks like a AC-130 style gunships. You wouldn't want it to do more than CAS. It's nothing all that complicated.
There will also be a configuration which these planes will flight full of BVR missiles. The aim (for some cases) is to keep as many missiles in the air as possible. These missiles can be fired by an AEW&C aircraft or a fighter jet.

What's the range of its WVR and BVR options?

No, the pilot uses binoculars to look for incomings :-). Yes, a very robust AESA.
As for WVR/BVR missiles, they're comparable to the US ones used in the Turkish F-16s...

The smaller Bozdoğan is a short-range infrared homing missile, broadly equivalent to the latest AIM-9X Sidewinder and similar in appearance and performance, with a reported ability to hit targets at ranges out to as far as 15 miles.

GÖKDOGAN is the Over-Sight Air Missile, the equivalent of the USA-made AIM-120 AMRAAM. GÖKDOGAN with solid state designed Active Radar (AR) Seeker Head; throw-forget has the ability to lock on multiple targets, lock after shooting and shoot from all angles. The missile, which is resistant to electronic warfare, can be guided to the jamming source. The missile, which has a range of approximately 65 kilometers, can update its targets thanks to its data link.

The Peregrine BVRAAM (Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile) has solid-state active radio frequency smart seeker with fire and forget capability and electronic counter-countermeasures and will be using all aspect engagement capable home on jam techniques with data link update capable data link using lock-on after launch techniques. In the words of the manufacturer, it will have high thrust with reduced smoke solid propellant technology and completely electronic safe and reliable rocket motor arming and firing system. It too will have a design to maximize probability of kill and its fuze too will be reliable. It will be compatible to the MIL-STD-1553 and MIL-STD-1760 military standards and is designed for use with the LAU-129 guided missile launcher.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom