What's new

PAF to roll out 2nd squadron of JF-17 fighter jets

the first ones were deployed in the peshawar right??, where the secong sqad be deployed??

Alhamdollilah, PAF is improving its strike capabilities. Looking at the challenges faced by Pakistan, PAF should revise it plans and increase the JF-17 procurement to 350-400 aircraft.

PAF should have a stength of 550-600 multi-role fighters, along with 150+ transport planes and helicopters.

PAF should revise it plans and increase the JF-17 procurement to 350-400 aircraft.

PAF should have a stength of 550-600 multi-role fighters, along with 150+ transport planes and helicopters.

100f16 ,150j10b, 250 jf17 = 550 fighters /21 squadrons ..in which more than half of the fighters can hopefully carry large payloads to longer distances

100f16 ,150j10b, 250 jf17 = 550 fighters /21 squadrons ..in which more than half of the fighters can hopefully carry large payloads to longer distances

Sir,

Due to financial allotment and operational readiness requirements, 400 Combat jets are more than enough.

Consider that A JF-17 equals more than a Mirage III/V or F-7 that it replaces due to superior technology.

PAF is still looking for excess F-16s which may come from NATO nations other than US.

250 Jf-17s are confirmed, which means PAF seeks a realistic figure for J-10s to be less than 100.

Due to our small Airspace, all of the three fighters, JF-17/J-10 and F-16s will provide ample coverage and beyond.

What is needed, is a Separate Naval Aviation with advanced Fighters.

Mirage III/V won't cut it today.

hi penumbra , basically as sir murad said, we are deficient in fighters, not pilots or bases --- isreal operates f16s and f15 -- but to keep maintaince costs down , mostly f16s are used for cas

the reason ive speculated 150 j10b over the years is that by that time , iaf will have multiple other platforms including fifth gen fighters -- we cant compete with iaf in 5th gen numbers, but the 2nd best option i.e j10b , jf17blk3 should be in considerable numbers -- again this is merely my speculation-who know china comes up e a single engined fifth gen fighter

f16s might not even remain our mid-tier fighters , when jf17 blk3 comes into service!

i know its farfetched, but once the jf17 bl3 comes out , we might increase its number and still keep the total fighter numbers down by selling our blk1 jf17!

hi penumbra , basically as sir murad said, we are deficient in fighters, not pilots or bases --- isreal operates f16s and f15 -- but to keep maintaince costs down , mostly f16s are used for cas

the reason ive speculated 150 j10b over the years is that by that time , iaf will have multiple other platforms including fifth gen fighters -- we cant compete with iaf in 5th gen numbers, but the 2nd best option i.e j10b , jf17blk3 should be in considerable numbers -- again this is merely my speculation-who know china comes up e a single engined fifth gen fighter

f16s might not even remain our mid-tier fighters , when jf17 blk3 comes into service!

i know its farfetched, but once the jf17 bl3 comes out , we might increase its number and still keep the total fighter numbers down by selling our blk1 jf17!

Sir jee,

I really don't understand when we always take India into Context.

India, always bigger in terms of Land, Man and Money power, will always have a numerical superiority. Trying to keep a fixed ratio with them won't be easy.

Producing 500 jets require money, money which we would want to spend on R&D for upgradation of the older JF-17s etc.

400-450 is a really good number, provided all of the aircraft are technologically superior, not the Mirage/A5/F7 combo we have now.

Technology shall help reduce the quantity...besides time to make PAF more efficient and as more resources are put into newer developments, like Aerial tankers, Electronic warfare which never existed before, we are still on the same budget, unless Pakistan's GDP grows by at least 5% per year for next 5 years.

A fleet of 450/500 Fighter jets is more than enough for us.Jeez,look around the world and see the Air Forces of the countries of our size.Israel is the only exception and we all know why ! With an economy of just ~$180 billions . . . .maintaining a fleet of 500 fighters is an achievement in itself.

Sir jee,

I really don't understand when we always take India into Context.

400-450 is a really good number, provided all of the aircraft are technologically superior, not the Mirage/A5/F7 combo we have now.

Technology shall help reduce the quantity..

obiously, my friend, we have to take india into context , otherwise we would also have a 150 fighter airforce

450 fighters are acceptable-- provided they are tech. superior --agreed, as you said , otherwise we would have to lean on quantity aswell.... lets see what capabilities pakfa brings to the table-- we would either have to beef up j10b numbers or go for a 5th gen fighter-- eitherway cost will skyrocket

Back
Top Bottom