What's new

PAF-USAF BILATERAL AIR EXERCISE FALCON TALON CULMINATES AT AN OPERATIONAL AIR BASE

OK who are the ravens?

@Hodor @Raider 21 @airomerix

FNPjSoWXEAE2qnl.png

No
This is a few months in the making. No cryptic message is being sent by any party.

It's not about cryptic messages. Yes, the exercise has been a few months in the making, and the US have known the J-10Cs are coming to the PAF way longer than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the US has deployed assets to take a sneak peak at the J-10Cs while they are there.

It's not about cryptic messages. Yes, the exercise has been a few months in the making, and the US have known the J-10Cs are coming to the PAF way longer than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the US has deployed assets to take a sneak peak at the J-10Cs while they are there.
What is the hidden secret about the J-10? Don't you think the US and Taiwanese have been snooping around on these and other Chinese aircraft including J-20s when they fly through the Taiwanese ADIZ?

We should stop our minds from racing on all sorts of angles. The USAF was there because they were "invited". This is good for the PAF and for the operators of our western equipment. The USAF only brought in F-16s from their units deployed in the APAC region. Unless the F-16s were plumbed to carry some insidious snooping equipment, the exercise should be looked at for what it was, a tactical opportunity for both sides to learn from each other's operating procedures.
PAF has always benefited from such engagements. If anything, Pakistan should continue to invite the Americans and perhaps add Turks, UAE, Qatar and KSA to such exercises.

Also, the US does not need to really worry about a 4.5 generation aircraft when they have 5th generation aircraft in large numbers already in service.

What is the hidden secret about the J-10? Don't you think the US and Taiwanese have been snooping around on these and other Chinese aircraft including J-20s when they fly through the Taiwanese ADIZ?

We should stop our minds from racing on all sorts of angles. The USAF was there because they were "invited". This is good for the PAF and for the operators of our western equipment. The USAF only brought in F-16s from their units deployed in the APAC region. Unless the F-16s were plumbed to carry some insidious snooping equipment, the exercise should be looked at for what it was, a tactical opportunity for both sides to learn from each other's operating procedures.
PAF has always benefited from such engagements. If anything, Pakistan should continue to invite the Americans and perhaps add Turks, UAE, Qatar and KSA to such exercises.

Also, the US does not need to really worry about a 4.5 generation aircraft when they have 5th generation aircraft in large numbers already in service.

Electronic emissions from the J-10C, especially its AESA radar. Knowing the electromagnetic emission signature of a fighter can be vital to not only passive tracking but also developing counter jamming capability. The French do this quite often with their Rafale's ECM suite when they exercise against other airforces. The US assets I was referring to are not necessarily those that came for the exercise.

On a side note, USAF/PAF exercises are likely to become less common once the Vipers are finally gone, especially exercises likes Red Flag, so make the most of it while we can.

Electronic emissions from the J-10C, especially its AESA radar. Knowing the electromagnetic emission signature of a fighter can be vital to not only passive tracking but also developing counter jamming capability. The French do this quite often with their Rafale's ECM suite when they exercise against other airforces. The US assets I was referring to are not necessarily those that came for the exercise.

On a side note, USAF/PAF exercises are likely to become less common once the Vipers are finally gone, especially exercises likes Red Flag, so make the most of it while we can.
Please stop pushing inanities & unfounded conspiracy theories. You must think Pakistanis to be quite very stupid.

Please stop pushing inanities & unfounded conspiracy theories. You must think Pakistanis to be quite very stupid.

I made no reference to any "conspiracy theory", but merely pointed out the different methods airforces use to develop an EM signature picture of other aircraft. This is widely known. I'll leave it at that.

Could this be a sign of things to come?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its been a VERY LONG TIME since the USAF has conducted air exercises with Pakistan. Could this be a thaw in the relationship between the two?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
they just want to keep tabs on the air force

Have a look at the equations and it will provide the clue. There are three different units within ACE that have been stood up in the last few years. We only have seen the aggressors publicly.
Could be the Training Evaluation Center who probably conduct/control the ACMI range and give Pk ratings. My speculation

Have a look at the equations and it will provide the clue. There are three different units within ACE that have been stood up in the last few years. We only have seen the aggressors publicly.
One of the equations is a Jamming to Signal (J/S) ratio. I'd assume that is regarding radar and communications related squadrons.

One of the equations is a Jamming to Signal (J/S) ratio. I'd assume that is regarding radar and communications related squadrons.
Could be the Training Evaluation Center who probably conduct/control the ACMI range and give Pk ratings. My speculation
EW training & eval is my suspicion

Back
Top Bottom