What's new

PAF Vs IAF Command and Control Systems

some radar developed by drdo similar to vera,

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_44d3OT-xI3U/SagPDBDQbCI/AAAAAAAAAog/n2E03ydZ6-0/s1600-h/IMAGE0038.JPG

DefExpo_2004_View_India_04.jpg

i am not a professional but searching the web and posting staffs! :woot:

I appreciate your enthusiasm and patriotism. It was nice of you to admit that you are not a professional.

C4I systems are highly classified and getting reliable data on them is very difficult. However for true comparision accurate data is essential.

I would request people posting in this thread to be honest like BS_Buster and Antibody and let everyone know in case they are posting data about which they are not sure.

This is my first thread on this forum and I must say that I am very encouraged by the response.

IAF COMMAND STRUCTURE​

This data has been taken from Wikipedia it is clear that most of the commands are pitched against the eastern side.

Commands and structure

The Indian Air Force is divided into five operational commands. Each Command is headed by an Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief with the rank of Air Marshal. The purpose of an operational command is to conduct military operations using aircraft within its area of responsibility, whereas the responsibility of functional commands is to maintain combat readiness.

Operational Commands
Central Air Command (CAC), headquartered at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Eastern Air Command (EAC), headquartered at Shillong, Meghalaya
Southern Air Command (SAC), headquartered at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
South Western Air Command (SWAC), headquartered at Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Western Air Command (WAC), headquartered at Subroto Park, New Delhi

Bases
The IAF operates over sixty air bases, with more being built or planned. Western Air Command is the largest Air Command. It operates sixteen air bases from Punjab to Uttar Pradesh. Eastern Air Command operates fifteen Air bases in Eastern and North-eastern India. Central Air Command operates seven Air Bases in Madhya Pradesh and surrounding states of central India. Southern Air Command, a strategically important Air command, in line with India's latest doctrine of protecting the vital shipping routes. It operates nine Air bases in Southern India and two in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. South Western Air Command is the front line of defence against Pakistan, this important Command operates twelve air bases in Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan. India also operates the Farkhor Air Base in Tajikistan.

In due course of time it shall be established that I do not give wrong information. The Vera gives the PAF more that 300+ Km transfontier coverage into India. Its capability to identify targets as explained by Rafi is very real.

You just did.. :)

Could you validate your acusation? If you have Info please share. This has been a pretty informative thread so far. If you want to troll please do so elsewhere.

In due course of time it shall be established that I do not give wrong information. The Vera gives the PAF more that 300+ Km transfontier coverage into India. Its capability to identify targets as explained by Rafi is very real.

This should be fun, can you prove "The Vera gives the PAF more that 300+ Km transfontier coverage into India" ?

Could you validate your acusation? If you have Info please share. This has been a pretty informative thread so far. If you want to troll please do so elsewhere.

No its not

You just posting your stuff in big size(looks weird) not comparing them with Indian systems
Buddy just read the title again

This should be fun, can you prove "The Vera gives the PAF more that 300+ Km transfontier coverage into India" ?

I will not dignify such a post with a proper response. Your post proves you are a troll. Please have fun somewhere else. If you continue to troll in this thread I shall have no other option but to report you to the mods.

No its not

You just posting your stuff in big size(looks weird) not comparing them with Indian systems
Buddy just read the title again

I started the thread I know the title. Before we can compare we need data that is what we are doing.

Why ashamed of the indian flag, hiding behind the French and US flag is sad, come on india is not that bad is it.:bunny:

I will not dignify such a post with a proper response. Your post proves you are a troll. Please have fun somewhere else. If you continue to troll in this thread I shall have no other option but to report you to the mods.

Report away...:lol:

Once again my question to you is simple, can you prove "The Vera gives the PAF more that 300+ Km transfontier coverage into India" ?

VERA passive sensor

Mode of operation

The deployed system typically comprises a central site (containing the signal processing equipment and an ESM receiver) and two or three side sites containing only an ESM receiver. The side sites relay the signals received to the central site over a point-to-point microwave link. The central site uses the known propagation delay from the side sites to estimate the TDOA of the pulses at each site. The TDOA of a pulse between one side site and the central site locates the target on a hyperboloid. A second side site provides a second TDOA and hence a second hyperboloid. The intersection of these two hyperboloids places the target on a line, providing a 2D measurement of the target's location (no height). A third side-site provides a third hyperboloid, which, when intersected with the line provided by the other two side sites, provides a full 3D location of the target. This process is known as multilateration. The height of a target with an SSR Mode C or Mode S transponder can also be provided by decoding the Mode C or Mode S response directly, which is the normal mode of operation for the civilian VERA-AP system.

System accuracy

System accuracy is typically better than a microwave surveillance radar, and is a function of the deployment geometry, the inherent timing accuracy of the central site, the bandwidth of the pulse being detected and the signal-to-noise ratio. Wider separations of the side sites from the central site provide better accuracies – but at the expense of a reduced area of common coverage. Typically side sites are deployed 15-40 km from the central site, providing a reasonable compromise of coverage and accuracy.
The system is generally line-of-sight limited, with a nominal range of 450 km, the normal radio horizon. Detection of targets is within a sector of approximately 120 degrees, although IFF and SSR targets are detected using a dedicated omnidirectional antenna, and hence may be seen over 360 degrees. Up to 200 targets can be automatically tracked simultaneously, with an output rate adjustable from 1 to 5 seconds.

There you go troll:)

Not sure whether it can provide 300km trans frontier coverage into India, but never the less a potent system and a great complement to our existing radar coverage which is exceptional. Heres some info:

VERA S/M Passive Surveillance System
The VERA S/M is a product of the ERA Inc. of Pardubice in the Czech Republic. The system, as an independent source of information on air situation, can meet tasks of a monitoring and a back-up system for radar systems of the Air Traffic Control Centre of the Czech Republic.

The prototype of the VERA system has been first installed at the elevation of about 1000 metres and from 1995 it has been successfully tested in round-the-clock and permanent operation by a group of experts from the Air Force Passive Systems Centre and from Air Defence Command of the Army of the Czech Republic. It has used the improved working method first introduced in its predecessors (e.g. TAMARA or TACAN surveillance systems).

The manufacturer offers the system also in the following modifications: VERA – P3D, VERA ASCS, VERA - AP, VERA - ADSB and VERA – HME and VERA – E, and S/M, used predominantly by the military.

The testing has proven that the system has an operation range of 400 to 500 kilometres in an angle higher than 120 degrees. The software presently used is capable of automatic and simultaneous tracking of up to 300 aircraft/targets at the real time.

The crew is a single operator, plus an officer.

The PSS VERA is a useful complement and a back-up of existing active radars of air traffic control centres, without ambition to replace them.

VERA S/M Passive Surveillance System | Ministry of Defence

Also check out this website too, very informative post by the member.

VERA - Czech system detecting stealth aircrafts [Archive] - Military Photos

Dude DOB is no troll, she is a very highly respected member on this board and her knowledge in matters of Military Aviation far exceeds our. Show some respect, instead of posting a reply like that you should have answered the question.

Back
Top Bottom