What's new

Pak-Army Toyotas and other Pickup Trucks are not useless after all.

I expect it to be lower,though i have seen two.

This way or that way. We had and have sufficient amount of MRAPs to conduct Patrols in Northern side and Balochistan. The number gonna increase. We have ordered 160 of these which we gonna get..

This way or that way. We had and have sufficient amount of MRAPs to conduct Patrols in Northern side and Balochistan. The number gonna increase. We have ordered 160 of these which we gonna get..
We don't have numbers,people are still riding Toyotas.

It is true in our COIN operation days many precious lives were lost due to these Pickups Trucks and Land Rover Defenders. We lately ended up buying MRAPs for front lines. We were just wrong about the task of these pickups. They don't belong in Convoys in hostile areas but these are really good in other tasks. I came across the video on YouTube which explains further.
Note: Narrator will also mention the IED dodging trick

Most likely French army was part of that convoy which is credited to Chadians.

Using them un the warzone was a compromise our armed forces had to make back when they barely had any money and no one would sell them anything

My bs picking radar is detecting a heck of an activity, scramble! scramble! scramble!

As many experts are here with their views I may differ from views of many. The pick up trucks are still the most affordable vehicles especially on rough roads. However their protection level can be increased along with overall survivability. Some suggestions are installation of armored plates on sides and on floor, it may save many lives. Meanwhile though it can't be made well protected like MRAPs still can save lives and can still complete it's purpose.

The MRAPS shall prove to nightmare for Pak as they are more fuel guzzling as well as require high maintenance. As many do not know that PA has minimized use of old vehicles with higher fuel consumption.

Does that mean tanks are officially out of action?
Sir every gadget has it's own place and opportunity costs are also considered. MBTs are unavoidable but MRAPS in large numbers may prove to be nightmare until and unless tailor made and fuel efficient as per PA requirements. Currently MRAPS are perhaps have been received from NATO left overs perhaps good for them but may prove to be problematic for PA.

I have some discussions and one may if has access to Military areas can get that PA is already using Pickups and Pak made jeeps with fiber body. Meanwhile use of Toyota Corolla and old Suzuki vehicles is almost minimal.

As many experts are here with their views I may differ from views of many. The pick up trucks are still the most affordable vehicles especially on rough roads. However their protection level can be increased along with overall survivability. Some suggestions are installation of armored plates on sides and on floor, it may save many lives. Meanwhile though it can't be made well protected like MRAPs still can save lives and can still complete it's purpose.

The MRAPS shall prove to nightmare for Pak as they are more fuel guzzling as well as require high maintenance. As many do not know that PA has minimized use of old vehicles with higher fuel consumption.

This forum barely has any experts. Only a few that actually have sources behind them. Mostly just people giving opinions on things they don’t understand because they want them to be ideal (like people saying we should Buy F-22 raptors instead of F-16s)
PA has plenty Of MRAPS, enough for use in Operational areas, I’ve seen them deployed in Waziristan and even in SWAT around 2016 after all the operations there had ended. They were Used when needed, and there is no fuel shortage regarding them because we don’t need a fleet of thousands, only a few hundred. I don’t know how you came to that conclusion.

The reason many videos, pictures and incidents don’t show them anywhere is because they came pretty late, and you can’t just get something and put it right into action, you need to train the men to use and tell them how it works before it can be sent in and used effectively. Especially the JERV type MRAPS.
If Pakistan had them as early as 2009 they would definitely have been pushed into more active service. The loss of life isn’t worth the money in petrol for the PA. Because a dozen soldiers take a lot of time and money to train. And that is taken into account. That’s why soldiers aren’t expendable unlike Hollywood makes it seem. As casualties to IEDs increased PA also adopted other methods of removing and detecting them, they learned with time. An OP that would have been conducted in 2016 would Use MRAPS with jammers and the whole place would be checked for IEDs before advancing. A similar one in 2007 would start with a vehicle getting blown up by an IED.

Wikipedia is a terrible source. It’s hard to pinpoint the number of MRAPS in Pakistani service, but SIPRI trade records would be your best bet, and The last time I checked (albeit it’s been quite a while). They numbered 100+.
So yes, we definitely have enough for patrols up there, but they came In pretty late.
Baluchistan maybe the place where they get to see good use now. But there’s not many patrols there, just operations when they receive a tip off or spot activity and such.
My bs picking radar is detecting a heck of an activity, scramble! scramble! scramble!
What’s that supposed to mean? I simply stated that we had to use these things as transports back when WoT started because we had no other options and couldn’t buy anything else. We used Trucks and hiluxs. what single ounce of BS is present in that factual sentence?

We don't have numbers,people are still riding Toyotas.
MRAPS are not normal transport meant to be used all the time, only in a forward patrol or an OP in an Hot area like 2009 swat or 2014 waziristan was, and yeah back then we didn’t have enough or any of these. Now the fighting there is finished, IEDs are removed, so of course they’ll use the Hiluxs. And for normal transport around cantonments and cities. They’re still the most cost effective option. Even the US army uses Humvees for normal transport, and No, Humvees have no additional armor at all unless bolted on. They are as unprotected from IEDS as a hilux, that’s why the USA got MRAPS in the first place.
There is a decent number of Dragoon and Mohafiz vehicles used by our military for patrolling (They’re widely used around Rawalpindi and HIT near taxila, plus other cantonments, but these are what I get to see, I suppose the Dragoons came too late to be used in WoT). And PA does seem to have an interest in more wheeled APCs and Armored transports, but you know how slow our military is with new inductions due to cost and availability.
In short; for normal usage. These are the most cost effective and can’t be put out of service, they’re essential.
And to answer your earlier question, Its stated above by another member that around 2013-14 Pakistan Had about 50 MRAPS delivered,I think that’s correct because the reference is SIPRI, but it takes time to train soldiers on it, can’t directly be sent into combat.
It’s not 2014 anymore and Pakistan has more, SIPRI trade records should show a more believable figured (I don’t believe it’s 360 like Wikipedia says, maybe a hundred something)
The USA didn’t deliver them as soon as Pakistan wanted, it took quite some time.

Also an interesting thing, I don’t know if many of you remember, but Pakistan also designed its own MRAP back in the day before it got some from the USA. It was named Burraq. Search it up, you’ll find some pictures and info on it. Quite interesting.

Last edited:
Baluchistan maybe the place where they get to see good use now. But there’s not many patrols there, just operations when they receive a tip off or spot activity and such.
Here is picture LE Agencies rolling with Armored Vehicle. Can't identify it.

So yes, we definitely have enough for patrols up there,
Thats what I'm saying my main man..

Attachments

• baloch.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 22
MRAPS are not normal transport meant to be used all the time, only in a forward patrol or an OP in an Hot area like 2009 swat or 2014 waziristan was, and yeah back then we didn’t have enough or any of these. Now the fighting there is finished, IEDs are removed, so of course they’ll use the Hiluxs. And for normal transport around cantonments and cities. They’re still the most cost effective option. Even the US army uses Humvees for normal transport, and No, Humvees have no additional armor at all unless bolted on. They are as unprotected from IEDS as a hilux, that’s why the USA got MRAPS in the first place.
There is a decent number of Dragoon and Mohafiz vehicles used by our military for patrolling (They’re widely used around Rawalpindi and HIT near taxila, plus other cantonments, but these are what I get to see, I suppose the Dragoons came too late to be used in WoT). And PA does seem to have an interest in more wheeled APCs and Armored transports, but you know how slow our military is with new inductions due to cost and availability.
In short; for normal usage. These are the most cost effective and can’t be put out of service, they’re essential.
And to answer your earlier question, Its stated above by another member that around 2013-14 Pakistan Had about 50 MRAPS delivered,I think that’s correct because the reference is SIPRI, but it takes time to train soldiers on it, can’t directly be sent into combat.
It’s not 2014 anymore and Pakistan has more, SIPRI trade records should show a more believable figured (I don’t believe it’s 360 like Wikipedia says, maybe a hundred something)
The USA didn’t deliver them as soon as Pakistan wanted, it took quite some time.

Also an interesting thing, I don’t know if many of you remember, but Pakistan also designed its own MRAP back in the day before it got some from the USA. It was named Burraq. Search it up, you’ll find some pictures and info on it. Quite interesting.
We also use Caspirs. I wonder how many were bought?
It is said that 22 Caspirs came in crica 2013,never heared it more than that.
Navistar Defense LLC, Lisle, Illinois, was awarded a $35,077,157 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales contract (Pakistan) for the procurement of 40 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash DXM foreign military sales vehicles, various support items, and contractor logistics and technical support services. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in West Point, Mississippi; and Pakistan, with an estimated completion date of Oct. 31, 2018. Fiscal 2010 other funds in the amount of $35,077,157 were obligated at the time of the award. Army Contracting Command – Tank and Automotive, Warren, Michigan, is the contracting activity (W56HZV-17-C-0038).
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1086534/
1428238620165.jpg
17191202_618249098379919_2169312140901707402_n.jpg
K4eGIHa.jpg

kMSBSIF.png

SIPRI 2016 Data shows that Pakistan Army has took possession of 230 MaxxPro MRAPs.
A safe assessment can be made that,Pakistan has got almost around 300 of these MRAP's of all kinds but here is question?
We havn't seen any in operational usage,so where are they?

P.S:-I have seen a type which isn't listed anywhere.

We use Cougars JERRV which are US made version of Casspir. We have around 20 of them.

In your first photo it is Cougar(Casspir).

We bought over 150 nav stars, buffalos small numbers I guess.
Buffalo
1C4775A0-20A2-4D73-BA2A-43D651FBABA2.jpeg

Caspir

A1230CFD-FF70-45EB-B6F9-6519860CE645.jpeg

It is said that 22 Caspirs came in crica 2013,never heared it more than that.
Navistar Defense LLC, Lisle, Illinois, was awarded a $35,077,157 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales contract (Pakistan) for the procurement of 40 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash DXM foreign military sales vehicles, various support items, and contractor logistics and technical support services. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in West Point, Mississippi; and Pakistan, with an estimated completion date of Oct. 31, 2018. Fiscal 2010 other funds in the amount of $35,077,157 were obligated at the time of the award. Army Contracting Command – Tank and Automotive, Warren, Michigan, is the contracting activity (W56HZV-17-C-0038).
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1086534/
View attachment 619322 View attachment 619323 View attachment 619324
View attachment 619325
SIPRI 2016 Data shows that Pakistan Army has took possession of 230 MaxxPro MRAPs.
A safe assessment can be made that,Pakistan has got almost around 300 of these MRAP's of all kinds but here is question?
We havn't seen any in operational usage,so where are they?

P.S:-I have seen a type which isn't listed anywhere.
I posted a few pics of these in Balochistan and FATA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom