What's new

Pak Breaks All Export Records $18.66 Billion

Here is your valid reference :

We will In Sha Allah easily cross $40B target. With export increase of 20 percent per year we can in sha Allah set target of $48 B for the following year.

40 billion this year ? Not possible. I think the target is 30+6 = 36 billion $. 30 of goods and 6 of services. Maybe 40 billion next year inshallah. But then it would be election year so you never know

40 billion this year ? Not possible. I think the target is 30+6 = 36 billion $. 30 of goods and 6 of services. Maybe 40 billion next year inshallah. But then it would be election year so you never know

Sir we are at $18.65 Billion right now for the six months . Exports are always higher in the second half . I fail to understand your number calculation. 🤔🤔🤔

Sir we are at $18.65 Billion right now for the six months . Exports are always higher in the second half . I fail to understand your number calculation. 🤔🤔🤔

I did no number calculations. I just mentioned govt targeted numbers. Now, I never said we are not going to cross $36 billion and stop exporting exactly at the touch point of $36 billion. Of course we "can" go above. Btw the link you shared clearly says export (goods + services) = 18 billion. . It's not goods only. Goods export is $15.2 billion. Which add the later part $15 will be in range of $30-31 billion + $6 billion (government target ) for services. Which leads you to goverent export (goods + services) target of $36 billion. I Hope now you get my point

The defining sector is IT. It can do wonders. Govts full focus should be IT industry.

Tech giants have surpassed military & oil companies in revenues. IT exports of countries have surpassed oil exports of oil rich countries.

I see govt's priority is still on goods, cotton, fruits etc. That is ok. But highest priority should be to the sector which can give highest returns.
I think govt needs to do following basics:
- Talk with Tech giants, bring their offices in Pak, facilitate them.
- Talk with payment services like paypal, swipe etc, to include Pakistan. Facilitate these companies, this will open many other door of opportunities.
- Open IT export / connectivity offices in US / europe. Where pakistani companies can showcase their expertise, do biddings for projects and more.

Govt facilitation is must. Whatever IT sector right now is doing on its own.

What is the sector that is behind the leap in exports? Specially, what goods and where have these exports gone to?

I did no number calculations. I just mentioned govt targeted numbers. Now, I never said we are not going to cross $36 billion and stop exporting exactly at the touch point of $36 billion. Of course we "can" go above. Btw the link you shared clearly says export (goods + services) = 18 billion. . It's not goods only. Goods export is $15.2 billion. Which add the later part $15 will be in range of $30-31 billion + $6 billion (government target ) for services. Which leads you to goverent export (goods + services) target of $36 billion. I Hope now you get my point

I agree with you. But my point is that we have crossed the estimates and will do better than expected . 👍

35 billion in exports and 30 billion in remittances........great news. Just need to boost domestic energy production to slash import bill. Thar coal production should continue to increase from 10 million tons to 100's of millions of tons. Stick to to east Asia model....double digit export growth and double digit energy sector growth for many many years. This is how east Asia developed. Pakistan is on track to follow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom