What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of work to be done. First of all it is a twin engine jet with a bigger frame which means more fuel and that is okay for Russia with all the gas but not true for India.
So are you saying India will not have enough atf to fuel its aircrafts?
We do have few reserves but they are enough to take care of defence needs
Second, F-22 and JSF have vertical take off capability which is not the case in PAK-FA.

F-22 does not has VTOL capabilities....Similiarly only JSF-C has VTOL capabilities.

People compare everything new with F-22 and think that JSF (F-35) is not better than F-22, quiet frankly, F-22 lines of production have been stopped or will come to an end soon. JSF is the true 5th gen fighter and this fighter is no where close to JSF.

JSF is no match for the raptor..It is too expensive to maintain the raptor that is why JSF came in picture..Just like F-15 and F-16..

Funds from India should dry up too because of MRCA. I mean no one in right frame of mind will get EU or US tech for MRCA and then invest in PAK-FA (T-50) at the same time.
Do you think India does not have enough money ???We are solvent dude....Not asking for money or soft loans....We can pay for both the fighter jets..

I think in the end this project will prove beneficial to the IAF but it I doubt that it will ever become a part of the IAF. I think PLAF will benefit more from this project.
Amazing analysis..Chinese are already developing J-XX..Why will they be partners in PAKFA.???

First of all it is a twin engine jet with a bigger frame which means more fuel and that is okay for Russia with all the gas but not true for India.
Sorry, but I heared a lot of strange comments against Pak Fa today, but this tops everything!
It's not good because it burns too much fuel???

PAK FA has nothing to do with CHINA..

NEXT THING will here ACM tanvir is in moscow negoiating free sales of PAK FA for PAF

I am enjoying the fact that how few students having no expertise enjoying criticizing something that they can not even think of developing a spare part of.

Finally the forum returns to its glory, we are all discussing defense and not trolls. Keep it up guys.

The spy satellites from all over the world must have keeping a eye on the beast.

lol man u r absolutely right. Am sure if the russians launch ONE anti satellite missile straight up from PAKFA's airstrip, it will knock down atleast a few dozen spy sattelites for sure.:lol::lol:

lol man u r absolutely right. Am sure if the russians launch ONE anti satellite missile straight up from PAKFA's airstrip, it will knock down atleast a few dozen spy sattelites for sure.:lol::lol:
Russian spy sat may be one of the contender;)

Some people are questioning its A$$, I mean exausts. Please advise on that? Does that make it unstealthy?

Boy,I am always a fan of technology and kept on observing it as a nuetral observer.
the Excerpts from my interaction with some folks :
PAK-FA TD has only flown ,it means only technological demonstrator.
The bird has flow with using some of the Su-35 avionics and systems while its own systems are nearing completion including the engine.
So,I dont like to see people jumping on bench after looking at its A$$.
There will be a pretty makeover which will occur in the later versions which I mean prototypes and production models.
But the most important thing to note is,since the first flight happened russian engineers but their A$$ at heavy work in fastening the program after a successful flight.Ofcourse the first success in a complex aircraft will improve confidence in everyone.
I personally bet that the IOC will be 2015 at a maximum possible time with an FOC interlocking 2016-2017.

And for people who are worried about its RCS,I assure you to chill out with Russian vodka.No engineer at Su is talking not even a point less than f-22.Which means, this bird will be a strict contender to F-22 and JSF is a history.
They say,PAK-FA and its other variant FGFA can still be stealthy even though they got wet in rain or taking heavy snow.
The main concept behind the fighter is,to make it less maintainance hazzle and with high UP times.
And my part of congratulations to Indians as well who will still share a significant part of work despite of their poor engineering prowess/experience .:cheers:

Seems to me THAT SOME PAKISTANI fan boys have got really UPSET by the maiden flight of the PAK FA fighter.

For me it looks like a STEALTH VERSION of the flanker series.

If flankers are considered world class 4th generation fighters and most will agree they are ,,,especially SU30MKI/SU35

Then SURELY ,,, THE NEW PAK FA will also be world class.

For those like growler/ super falcon telling us its cheap/crap/ cant be as good as F35 '''theres a element of green eyed envy.

PAK FA will now see $10 billion of further investment development and wen in 2017-2019 it enters service in both russia & india,,,, it will defo challenge both the AMERICAM fighters.

AS FOR THE REST including J10/J17 thats NOW YESTERDAYS NEWS too old too little no USE to anybody in 2017

well sir

i think PAK FA would be a serious contender for F22, and probably surpasses F35

Stealthiness isnt everything and RCS is only one factor in the whole fighter jet combat system. Even with F35, many analyst doubted its stealthiness against SU30 & SU35 radar

The size of this monster is somewhat equal to YF-23..infact i believe some of the design parameters are that of YF-23..look at the canopy (copy of YF-23), the nosecone a slight difference from that of YF-23 but similarities exist, study the tail of both planes, and the over all fuselage size..

04b474dc240617971b17be0a7af7b380.jpg

The size of this monster is somewhat equal to YF-23..infact i believe some of the design parameters are that of YF-23..look at the canopy (copy of YF-23), the nosecone a slight difference from that of YF-23 but similarities exist, study the tail of both planes, and the over all fuselage size..

04b474dc240617971b17be0a7af7b380.jpg

Of course there are similarities. However, it is not a copy (if you mean to imply that). If you want a product for a purpose, two people will end up designing a very similar looking product. The same laws of physics apply to the Russians as well.

6deecc237c7c14b6cd2201de93337270.jpg

0d7d3cd78bc19dd81acba42838293975.jpg

6c4abca3fa9f621d43df93aa4acac72b.jpg

b7dc2b7b7e14b5fa4162161e64d484f8.jpg

credit to:Boyko_Borisov

Russia has unveiled its new stealth fighter jet, meant to boost the country's ageing arsenal of weaponry and be a rival to the US F-22 Raptor.

The Sukhoi T-50, also called the PAK FA, made its maiden flight in Russia's far east. Test pilot Sergei Bogdan said it was "easy and comfortable to pilot".

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said much work needed to be done before mass production began in 2015.

Stealth technology is meant to nearly eliminate a plane's radar signature.

The plane is being developed by the Sukhoi company at its Komsomolsk-on-Amur production plant.

The new jet has been developed in partnership with India. It is seen as a significant milestone in Russia's efforts to modernise its Soviet-era military hardware.

Sukhoi's director Mikhail Pogosyan said he was convinced that the project would "excel its Western rivals in cost-effectiveness and will not only allow strengthening of the defence power of the Russian and Indian air forces, but also gain a significant share of the world market".

The company says the jet's stealth features considerably enhance its combat effectiveness in all weathers.

Its features include: all-weather capability, ability to use a take-off strip of just 300-400 metres, capacity for sustained supersonic flight including repeated in-flight refuelling, advanced avionics, simultaneous attacks on air and ground targets.

But analysts have denied the jet is a leap forward.

"It's just a prototype lacking new engines and a new radar," military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer told the Associated Press news agency.

Originally scheduled for 2007, the T-50's maiden flight was repeatedly postponed because of technical problems.

Observers of Russia's recent military modernisation drive say it has been plagued by delays and quality problems

The thing is its a prototype and when u see this baby in 5 years time ready for mass production there will be new engine and radar and when u see it all complete ans shiny painted black u will realise its beuty

looks should not be taken in defence as taken seriously in beuty pagents, What if russia made something better than F22 and had nothing inside it :wave:

Looking at the specs comming in this babe is made for one thing and one thing only ----KILL----

i am referring to similarities i did not say PAK-FA is a copy even if it was i would have been really glad to see it in the skies challenging that dolphin called F-35 indeed the short clip in which the PAK-FA did a lil turn it was amazing. see the video on this thread where the plane turn to right in flight i think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom