What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 5th or 6th thread of same topic.

Can't you guys before posting atleast have a look in other threads and see if the topic is already being discussed.

someone noticed......

2 PROTOTYPEs ??????:devil::devil:

excellent observation.

Yes there are three prototypes existing. Two are for flight tests while the third one is for static tests.

The prototype which we see taxiing only in the video is the static/ground test model. The one which flew apparently has a different tail boom.

The PAK FA does seem more conventional in this aspect of the design when compared to the Lighting and the Raptor.

Stealth under bay

Stealth underbay

Not so stealthy with a conventional air intake. Still 3rd most stealthy MRCA in the world after F-35 and F-22.
d76db2be05cb952732c55b9347fab83e.jpg

Oh god not this bullcr2p again! either indians have habit of not reading or they are just too deluded.
If indians are expecting huge structural changes on this prototype like that of YF-22 and F-22 then expect another 17 years until a final variant is in service with IAF. YF-22 flew in 91 F-22 in 97 and after 10 years did the F-22 cleared FOC in USAF. DO indian seriously expect a significant structural change like YF-22 F-22?

Well you are the one that is bullcrapping here mate. So you think this is the production variant...then you are living in a wonderland. The russian prototypes have been given the acronymn "t-" to say it is a prototype. So if F 22 raptor took so long will it take the Russians so long? And why bring the Raptor into this? Yes there will be some changes in the design and it will be done. First let it explore its flight envelope and characteristics then let us analyse the aircraft. And you dont work in Sukhoi or the Boeing to tell how long it will take for them to accomplish it.

And judging by the reaction on the forum world I don't know why India is celebrating an uphill battle in Russia that isn't over. The way this was leaked to the public makes it seem the Russians are desperate to convey to the rest of the world that they have this tech on par with the U.S. Of course we are all basing these claims on what? A PR stunt by the Russian establishment who has billions tied in the Indian defence market, not to mention half their investment in this program? Timing with MMRCA is key by the way. This is why I feel that the engines look unfinished as they do along with just the overall appearance.

Much ado about nothing. Does it have VTOL capability? STOL? Next generation HMCS ? Any weapons in those internal bays?

ok guys chill on both sides Do you guys not think that The designers Russian would not have given a thought about those engines and over all structure? Give it a time they have similarities from YF-23/F-22 i believe many other similarities will come up later on with other prototypes..

This is the 5th or 6th thread of same topic.

Can't you guys before posting atleast have a look in other threads and see if the topic is already being discussed.

lol there are probably 10

The PAK FA does seem more conventional in this aspect of the design when compared to the Lighting and the Raptor.

Stealth under bay

Stealth underbay

Not so stealthy with a conventional air intake. Still 3rd most stealthy MRCA in the world after F-35 and F-22.
d76db2be05cb952732c55b9347fab83e.jpg

no offence but looking at these pictures it seems Russians have used a 'desi style engineering' to make a 5th gen :lol:

one more thing is that Raptor & F-35 have almost straight belly but in case of PAK-FA is more like a flanker

this Russian plane is long way from been operational, weapons testing etc are going to take time, so just wait & see

Last edited:
To early to predict anything, but it seems it will be not at level of F-22 & 35
The advanced Missiles on PAK-FA are yet to tested & there is no mention about HMD
every thing goes in favor of F-22 & F-35
now before you come on thrust vectoring, see this

YouTube - f-35 lightning II DAS system

f19dfffcfc48258c00b0cb2cb32ff0d0.jpg

You just said it is too early to predict anything and then you say.

every thing goes in favor of F-22 & F-35

Give the plane a chance, it just made its first flight.

excellent observation.

Yes there are three prototypes existing. Two are for flight tests while the third one is for static tests.

The prototype which we see taxiing only in the video is the static/ground test model. The one which flew apparently has a different tail boom.

someone noticed......

2 PROTOTYPEs ??????:devil::devil:

the first one is in Video & we saw it landing

seems both of 'em flew :undecided:

Who can tell me what these holes below the tail fins are? Looks like some kind of air intake too me, what do you guys think?

1b7bc24696f2cadfaee679eaea31c6cc.jpg

d3f2c8159cba9a3eb5827de2134bffd5.jpg

e65b2678adab8e89fa84f7582ea31eca.jpg

Doesn't look like the air comes out at the back, so it must be related to the engine right? Cooling maybe?

the first one is in Video & we saw it landing

seems both of 'em flew :undecided:

No dear, only one flew.

The first aircraft is painted Grey and that's the one with a 'tallish' tail boom. That particular airframe made the taxiing runs earlier this month.

The second airframe is unpainted and features a 'platypus tail' flattened tail boom. This is the one which made flihgt earlier yesterday.

heres some more info
There are at least 3 PAK FA prototypes:

- The first one is a static model that is currently being tested in the Central Aero-Hydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI) near Moscow, in Zhukovsky.

- The second is the so called "Kompleksny Naturny Stend" (KNS), which means "Complete Full-scale Model". It is almost a real plane, but not exactly (I don't think it can fly). T-50-KNS is the model that did the taxiing runaway trials last week. You can see it on the first picture here and its painted grey.

- The third is the actual flying prototype, T-50-1. That is the model that did the flying yesterday. You can see it on the second picture and it's unpainted.
credit: artjomh

no offence but looking at these pictures it seems Russians have used a 'desi style engineering' to make a 5th gen :lol:

one more thing is that Raptor & F-35 have almost straight belly but in case of PAK-FA is more like a flanker

this Russian plane is long way from been operational, weapons testing etc are going to take time, so just wait & see
Hi Emo Girl -
Please dont underestimate Russian design as each and every combat plane they made, were better and most cases equivallent to western planes. If you just google it then you will find that simply coz of the flanker they want to go for raptor. The reason being now flankers have out grown and better than f-15s and F-18s (Exclude AESA, anyway Russia already made AESA). Design wise the Russians have a completely different philosophy.

PAKFA by far is NOT a match for F-22 as its just a design phase and time for validating airframe. I am not an expert in aerodynamics to even compare F-22 and PAK FA from the design of the air intake or feusalage. However Each and every scieintist thinks how to counter other. The Russians just knew it better(The scientists). If you ask me links on Russian design philospphy. I will be happy to share some with you...

Regards
Dash

Who can tell me what these holes below the tail fins are? Looks like some kind of air intake too me, what do you guys think?

1b7bc24696f2cadfaee679eaea31c6cc.jpg

Air intakes for axillary power unit.

Yeah, it seems like intake for cold air, to reduce IR. Just my guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom