What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are they trying to reduce the IR signature

where is Growler? :D

here goes the theory of hitting it at BVR :P

Hi Emo Girl -
Please dont underestimate Russian design as each and every combat plane they made, were better and most cases equivallent to western planes.

I am not under estimating them, i am just saying what i am seeing, the difference is very clear from the photographs, just look at 'em can't you see the difference

If you just google it then you will find that simply coz of the flanker they want to go for raptor. The reason being now flankers have out grown and better than f-15s and F-18s (Exclude AESA, anyway Russia already made AESA). Design wise the Russians have a completely different philosophy.

:rolleyes:
well do i need to say anything
comparing F-15, F-16s & F-18s with Flankers will take us some where else, at least you must American superiority in Avionics

any ways Good night :wave:

Last edited:
Huge difference.. one clearly has a huge edge over RCS reduction in design. the air intake is just like any conventional Su-27 flanker.

When it comes to stealth, it seems everybody has forgotten the Beautiful big alien looking limited production B-2 bombers. They are the best looking aircrafts IMO. though not related to this thread, but I would certainly like to read some info about them and how they fit in in todays' 5th gen fighters. Can anybody shed some light on this please. I am a big fan of B-2 looks.

Last edited:
no offence but looking at these pictures it seems Russians have used a 'desi style engineering' to make a 5th gen :lol:

one more thing is that Raptor & F-35 have almost straight belly but in case of PAK-FA is more like a flanker

this Russian plane is long way from been operational, weapons testing etc are going to take time, so just wait & see

Don't join this unnecessary flaming of some people, just to degrade Pak Fa by looking only at its first pics! :disagree:
I noticed the lack of stealthy design at the fuselage and especially those black colored parts of the engines before too, but these are the only disappointing points imo so far. Apart of that it seems (still way too early to say, because official specs are still not known) to offer anything that was claimed before.
Stealth capabilities: The design is clearly leant on the YX 23 and if you check the Pak Fa thread, you will find a comparison of the angled wing and fin design of it and F22 which is pretty similar. Same goes for the angled air intakes and the lower positioned intake with the higher engine, to make the engine blades less detectable.
It offers 2 internal weapon bays under the fuselage and 2 more on the wings.
That the engine nozzels will be round and will offer less IR signature reduction than those of F22 is not surprising at all! It was stated fromthe beginning that PaK Fa will have 3D TVC, instead of the 2D of F22.
As I said above, only the round and not angled parts of the engine covers and fuselage confueses me, because even for the normal Flankers the Russian tested better stealth designed fuselage, what makes me guess that this part is not fully developed.
Which is not a problem like some members want to convince us. because this is only a prototype for flight and system tests. Just think about Mig 35 and Gripen NG in MMRCA which are also only available in prototypes for tests and integration, similar case.

Supercruise:
The new engine, that even in the pre-versions proved SC capabilities on Su 35, combined with the similar wing design like the F22, hints that this capabilitiy will be available too (check the Bill Sweetsman article also).

Supermaneuverability:
3D TVC engines and the movable LERX will make it very agile.

These points alone makes it good and a clear improvment of Russia and India and should fullfil their requirements, but as I said, this is only one of the prototypes and waaaay too much ist still unknown about its capabilities (integration of L Band radar, cockpit design, how many weapons can be carrierd internally and what kind of, final radar capabilities...) and we can just speculate at the moment.

Btw, there are new weapons under development, extra designed for the internal weapon bays, but it should be clear that it can be use many of the present weapons too (R73, R77/ Astra, should be no problem).
Avionics will be the biggest secret till the end, because India will most likely go for a mix of Indian and western again. HMD will be interesting too, the Russians were the first that had them and India now has the Topsight I, wonder if they develop a totally new for Pak Fa/FGFA.

Of course these techs and weapons must be fully developed and integrated, but nobody said that the fighter is ready, or must be ready tomorrow right? Pak Fa is planed for induction in 5-6 years, FGFA even in 7-8, so no need to hurry!
Btw, F35 is also only in testing and integration stage and is delayed for 2 years now (I think only 10% of the testflights could be done so far), so again it is way too early to make conclusions about ...vs...!

So are you saying India will not have enough atf to fuel its aircrafts? We do have few reserves but they are enough to take care of defence needs

Read my comment and read it again to get some giyaan. When DODs take decissions about platforms they always, always look itno the fuel consumption because these numbers are used in order to compare a certain jet against another jet. It is not about India having reserves or not but it is getting the most of out your reseources. Each jet sortie in war scenario will make an impact on reserves.

JSF is no match for the raptor..It is too expensive to maintain the raptor that is why JSF came in picture..Just like F-15 and F-16..

You should be proud of the grass that grows in your lawn because it has certainly made an effect on your mental health.

Just look at the customers of F-35 - NATO, US and Israel.

F-22: Two squadrans with the USAF. Production lines are now closed. F-22 waslaunched to avoid a gap befor the launch of JSF. There was hope that F-22 will have some customers but it didn't work out that way.

Do you think India does not have enough money ???We are solvent dude....Not asking for money or soft loans....We can pay for both the fighter jets..

Again read and understand first and then spit the vomit that has filled the void in your skull which is there due to the lack of a brain.

It is not efficient to run an AF on multiple platforms. With India working on LCA and spending money on MRCA means that the LCA experience and the ToT (if any) would help the IAF to develop a fifthe gen plane with the winner of the MRCA or locally.

Amazing analysis..Chinese are already developing J-XX..Why will they be partners in PAKFA.???

Once IAF is out, again after investing money in MRCA, if there is any sanity the IAF will get out of this late and over budget junk.

are they trying to reduce the IR signature
That was my first though too, because it's clearly related to the engine and would be a smart way to equalise the IR signature disadvantage of the 3D nozzels.

Sorry, but I heared a lot of strange comments against Pak Fa today, but this tops everything!
It's not good because it burns too much fuel???

For the 100th time, if you don't know about military logistics then don't waste time in replying.

All forces around the globe, look at different platforms and compare them and these comparisons also include the consumption of fuel as well.

I am enjoying the fact that how few students having no expertise enjoying criticizing something that they can not even think of developing a spare part of.

I understand that rabbits have very limited thinking capability but I am surprised to see that an indianrabbit lacks it completly :lol:

We manufacture subs and jets so think before writing nonsense! Our missile system is FAR superior then your Brahmos so again think twice before writing crap!

On the other hand, it is your country which gets stuck and chokes whenever you try to manufacture anything.

If we were going to spend $12 Billion for a new jet, it would have been completly manufactured and designed in Pakistan. Your airforce is running around from country to country and begging for technology.

Beg us and we may consider granting you Mushak technology.

d76db2be05cb952732c55b9347fab83e.jpg

most probably a PS Su-27

but see.. my point being. PAK-FA looks like Flanker brother.

Hey guys calm down I think u have raised your blood pressure enough for the last 48hrs ........Keep ur hand on ur heart and say ALL IS WELL.....ALL IS WELL :rofl:

Hey guys calm down I think u have raised your blood pressure enough for the last 48hrs ........Keep ur hand on ur heart and say ALL IS WELL.....ALL IS WELL :rofl:

it is not the rise of blood pressure it is our natural aggressiveness ... and all is well because we are ahead of the game.

airvoila.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sukhoi-su-47-berkut-aguila-dorada-vista-desde-la-panza.jpg

I can't post pic but check this out, the berkut belly in 97'
it had a belly similar to that of f-22 and f-35(stealth wise)
the Russians will probably change PAK-FA as this is only a prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom