What's new

PAK FA vs F22 Raptor : A Detailed Analasis

offtopic, but nationality has nothing to do with a person's ability to kid himself.

in noware the both fighters going to clash in near feature...

in noware the both fighters going to clash in near feature...

That is impossible to predict.

The comparison (or whatever it was) at the beginning of this thread is some sort of sales brochure or some fanboy product. The "facts" it presents are inaccurate, incomplete, and relatively useless to analyze either platform, no offense to whoever posted it.

Systems like the Patriot, the S-300, the AIM-120, all military high-tech products, have black elements that the public might learn... in 75 years, when the system is long retired. We don't even know the full capabilities of the SR-71 or the Keyhole satellites, both 40+ years old.

Last edited:
That is impossible to predict.

The comparison (or whatever it was) at the beginning of this thread is some sort of sales brochure or some fanboy product. The "facts" it presents are inaccurate, incomplete, and relatively useless to analyze either platform, no offense to whoever posted it.

Systems like the Patriot, the S-300, the AIM-120, all military high-tech products, have black elements that the public might learn... in 75 years, when the system is long retired. We don't even know the full capabilities of the SR-71 or the Keyhole satellites, both 40+ years old.

Exactly, somehow fan boys from both sides start ridiculous argument about subjects they simply know nothing about, even worse is them coming to conclusions that this aircraft is more maneuverable, or this aircraft is stealthier; this aircraft doesn't have 3d tvc, or this aircraft is better because it's faster...sadly someone actually said it.

249576_10150207458263604_277917788603_7050922_705136_n.jpg

:azn::azn:

ptldm3, I am glad you accept what chogy has told, In Chinese section threads you're posts contradicts what you've input over here, do acknowledge you were mistaken over there.

ptldm3, I am glad you accept what chogy has told, In Chinese section threads you're posts contradicts what you've input over here, do acknowledge you were mistaken over there.

It is the J-20 crowed that makes claimes, either about the J-20, pak-fa and sometimes the F-22, more often than not they smugly insult their competetors, than they fail to provide sources to their claim. All of my posts have been responses to their fantastic caims, most importantly i have backed all of my claimes with sources. Further, i am not the one that starts the rediculous claims, i only give an alternative view/explanation that is backed by sources. If you watched the forum closely i ridiculed some members for their fanboys atempts to guess RCS's of aircraft by simply looking at it, so what am i missing exactly? Interesting that members with Chinese flag do what you accused me of doing.....

The PAK FA is going to be a excellent fighter, it is impossible to say right now what is better. They will be so closely matched that it will come down to pilot training and experience in my opinion along with the scenario that the pilots are put in. AWACS, EW, etc.

IMO they cut funding for the F-22 because, really they don't see a threat right now that can take it on. Why buy alot of 5th generations while other countries are still a far away from fielding their own? Thats why they are investing into 6th generation fighters now.

The sixth generation fighter that is suppose to replace the F/A-18 in 2025.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sixth generation? Why did not immediately tenth generation? It would be a good PR move for the U.S.. :wave:
At the moment, no one there is a fully-functioning fifth-generation aircraft. Before it will appear the sixth generation of science will have to make a significant leap forward (30-40 years may be more). Any new complicated equipment (tanks, planes, etc.) at the beginning of its development, characterized by the low reliability, efficiency, unclear concepts. Constant search for improvement and generate a new generation. With the development of technology (improved durability, performance and reliability) for up to a new generation is growing. Do not forget about the price. Each new generation of technology is different growth rates.

I think 6th Gen fighters are going to have be the (UCAV) (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) which is what the whole 6th gen is going to be about. they will be smaller but greater in number will be a very real threat to enemy pilots and not a big loss if shot down.

I think 6th Gen fighters are going to have be the (UCAV) (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) which is what the whole 6th gen is going to be about. they will be smaller but greater in number will be a very real threat to enemy pilots and not a big loss if shot down.

That leaves two outstanding issues (if they are solvable).
1. Failover.
2. Reliability of control. Unmanned aircraft is good against a poorly equipped enemy. The control signal can be suppressed.

In the near future too expensive and unreliable.
Now no one has a reliable fifth-generation aircraft. U.S. F-22 has some experience and service.
However, many problems confirm that they are clearly premature. Russia for economic reasons did not have time to run a series of coeval F-22 (MiG-1, 44). With the emergence of Russia did not finance the project revives the MiG-1.44.
New technologies have allowed to take the next step. So there was a PAK - FA T-50. Americans are now forced to either do their upgrading the F-22. All in good time.

i see an f 22 b model soon mabby 3 years once the pak fa gets going they deff have huge upgrades planned by the way someone calculated the real top speend to be 2.84 F-22 Speed = Mach 2.84 Calculations!!, page 1 im not big into math but 3 o 4 guys over there did the calculations and they seem legit.

i see an f 22 b model soon mabby 3 years once the pak fa gets going they deff have huge upgrades planned by the way someone calculated the real top speend to be 2.84 F-22 Speed = Mach 2.84 Calculations!!, page 1 im not big into math but 3 o 4 guys over there did the calculations and they seem legit.

For the U.S., the best option would be to have the F-35 (90s, from him anyway or anything does not depend on + could make good money).
F-22 would be better if created now. Reliability problems due to the fact that too hasty with the creation of the airplane (a lot of risk-taking). Each plane has a certain (justified) resource upgrade. F-22 began to use this resource before his main opponents have gone into production.

agreed my russian friend but the upgrades are there its now a 15 year old plane (23 if you count development 20 if you count first flight) a f 22 b will be amazing. panetta (new sec of defence) will bring it back when Russia starts the pak fa , and with all the fifth gen experience we have it will be a huge jump fight now f 22 pak fa are on same scale US aveonics are better but what it will come down to is pilot

Back
Top Bottom