What's new

PAK-FA Will Be Operational In 2015:

flanker143

Reaction score
pak-fa-sukhoi.jpg

Sukhoi’s T-50 PAK-FA fighter will be delivered to the customer in 2015, Sukhoi director general Mikhail Pogosyan said in an interview at the Farnborough International Airshow here on July 20, notwithstanding Western skeptics who compare that timescale to other fighter programs.

“It’s a matter of the experience that we have, the level of preparation and the solution that we have chosen,” he said. “We did not wait for a new engine, but modernized an existing engine, and we have a lot of bench testing. Combined, that gives us a chance to succeed.

“In the last 10 years we have readied four new aircraft — the Su-30MKI, the Su-34, the Su-35 and the T-50,” Pogosyan said. “I don’t think many foreign manufacturers can claim that much.”

The Sukhoi leader also says that he expects the Su-35 to remain in production alongside the T-50 “for some time, at least through 2020. Any aircraft that has a 400-km. [250-mi.] radar detection range can live for a long time.”

Pogosyan commented on reports that he has advocated a Russian ban on exports of RD-93 engines for the Sino-Pakistan FC-1/JF-17 fighter, in response to China’s production of the J-11 “bootleg” Su-27 variant. “It’s not that I am against the delivery of the engines, but that it should be regulated by a bilateral agreement. Military-technical cooperation is a long-term, strategic process and both sides need to observe the letter of the agreement. If they don’t it will be chaos.”PAK-FA Will Be Operational In 2015: Executive | AVIATION WEEK

Good...so it will be flying in Indian colours in about 2017...:tup:

Good...so it will be flying in Indian colours in about 2017...

lets hope for the best.....it will bring massive punch with it....

(sadly)i wonder the mki will loose its tag of being the top dog....

as far as i know they have a plan for a total of 250 of these 5gen fighters....

50 oneseater pakfa's and the rest 200 will be twin seater fgfa.....

i have one ques ....will india have some stake in pakfa .... be it funding or development.....????

flanker, I think the last paragraph has more importance.

can anyone elaborate it?

can anyone elaborate it?

luks like the guy pogo.... wanted to have an agreement on the export of rd93 engines.....
sry dont know much of it...

but i think there's a dedicated thread on it .... i'll try to find it...wait a sec..

I am pretty sure that the number of pakfa will rise to something similar to the Su30MKI ie 270+ coz when the pakfa enters service in 2018 india will be operating the following
270 su30mki ,14sqds
60 mig29smt , 3sqds
50 mirage2000v5 ,2.5sqds
72 mmrca , 4sqds
80 Tejas ,4sqds
167 jaguars ,7 sqds
Thats 34.5 sqds against a sanctioned strength of 39.5
In the folowing 5 yrs(till 2022) ,3sqds each of tejas and mmrca will be built while 4 sqds of jaguar will retire
during this time 3sqds of PAKFA( 50 AIRCRAFT ) will be purchased , this will increase the sqds strength to sanctioned 39.5 , the remaining pakfa/FGFA will replace mig29 , mirage 2000v5 and jaguar IS whose cumulative number will be 175 aircraft
I expect another 50 Pakfa will be ordered to increase the sqds number to the comfortable 42sqds
Hence as per my estiates pakfa will touch something like 275 aircraft ,similar to su30mki when the productiom actually ends in 2030 for the IAF

When around 100 of PAK-FA will be entering service, I hope MCA or, atleast LCA Mk-III starts rolling out of HAL...

When around 100 of PAK-FA will be entering service, I hope MCA or, atleast LCA Mk-III starts rolling out of HAL...

Dude LCA MK2 to scheduled to roll out in 2014
And if you watch the things ...every think running properly so i think LCA mk2 will come in service with IAF with MMRCA fighter

Back
Top Bottom