What's new

PAK-FA Will Be Operational In 2015:

IAF got deliveries of Su-30 first in 1996 - the MKK variant followed by variants with French avionics and then the MKI variant. It was a step by step integration. Su-30MKI variant entered IAF operational service from 2004 onwards. So the chairman is prpbably right.

hmmm....but the other 3 are true...

Oh thank goodness that it was the Sukhoi chief that has mentioned these words. I'd have a heart attack if HAL claimed it :lol:. Let's criticize HAL where its done wrong guys and face the reality: HAL under the government with its mismanagement of resources, time and skills is a no-goer. The only way our aerospace industry will rise high is via privatizing HAL and getting motivated scientists who get good pays rather than scientists who come out of resercation quotas and join the government job for an endless safe ride.

no problem we also had ordered 50 PAK FA

and what i found amazing here is that not a single Pakistani or Chinese comment is present on this thread to ridicule India

well u just invited them now.......

I am sure we will get FGFA by 2017-18 max...

So is the FGFA an underpowered watered down PAK FA? Or will both engines provide equal or comparable performance?
FGFA is the 2 seat variant of the PAKFA that'd be made by India with certain commonalities. There'd be nothing watered down in this except for the two seater difference. From what I know, the order is split like this:

50 1-seater and 200 2 seaters by the IAF

200 1-seater and 50 2 seaters by the VVS

that's how the plan is to make 500 of the FGFA/PAK FA.

FGFA is the 2 seat variant of the PAKFA that'd be made by India with certain commonalities. There'd be nothing watered down in this except for the two seater difference. From what I know, the order is split like this:

That's what I thought too. But gogbot said that FGFA was to have different engines.

If PAKFA in 2017 then when will be FGFA??

They said 2015 for Russia, so I think it will be 2017 for India when we will induct first batch of PAK FA. Adding 2 years to that I think FGFA will be ready only by 2019.

Above all when India/Russia honored a time frame??? Specially when they are developing something new. Except Brahmos ofcourse.

That's what I thought too. But gogbot said that FGFA was to have different engines.
What he could be pointing is, the current engine of PAKFA is not the actual engine for what was envisaged as. They are working on that(Saturn 117S) engine and most probably that engine will come by the time FGFA will be inducted.

Currently PAKFA is powered by AL41F, which was to be used by Su35BM

My estimation is that if FY-22 made the first flight around 1989 time frame and it got inducted in 2003. That is about 14 years. It takes this long because F-22 is a new plane. As T-50 is a new plane, I would not be surprise that it would take until 2024 for this plane to be ready. So do not hold your breath, guys.

My estimation is that if FY-22 made the first flight around 1989 time frame and it got inducted in 2003. That is about 14 years. It takes this long because F-22 is a new plane. As T-50 is a new plane, I would not be surprise that it would take until 2024 for this plane to be ready. So do not hold your breath, guys.
Giving wrong information :angry:

Anyways-), work on PAKFA started on the 90s actually, so even 24 years from then will be what 2014?. and we are not even talking about 14 years given Russian slow advancement in tech

To be even more precise the project actually started in 1980, when the Russian wanted a Frontline aircraft, two projects were proposed Su-47 berkut and Mig 1.44.

And we all know Su-47 acted as a testbed for PAKFA, like internal weapons bay and the engine work. So it was around the same time US and USSR were testing a 5th Gen plane, now got the picture?:)

Even if we take the Flight testing time, You are right. but what you are missing here is.
When US was doing it, they were far from the reality that any body will develope a plane like this shortly and they took their own sweet time.

but now Russia wants to field one and they have to live up to the competition..

and it becomes clearly visible how aggresive they are when they made PAKFA fly with a modified engine without wating for the new engine....you will get a even better picture.

Last edited:
Giving wrong information :angry:

Anyways-), work on PAKFA started on the 90s actually, so even 24 years from then will be what 2014?. and we are not even talking about 14 years given Russian slow advancement in tech:(

To be even more precise the project actually started in 1980, when the Russian wanted a Frontline aircraft, two projects were proposed Su-47 berkut and Mig 1.44.

And we all know Su-47 acted as a testbed for PAKFA, like internal weapons bay and the engine work. So it was around the same time US and USSR were testing a 5th Gen plane, now got the picture?:)

buddy that guy is here only for trolling...

A noob question sir jee...What is VVS..?

buddy that guy is here only for trolling...
I know Rahul:)..and i didnt want to actually.

Just didnt want any new Indian member to start answering him in other ways so I answered him, else he would have confused most people out here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom