What's new

Pak family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath, Refused by hotels and lodges

Refused by hotels and lodges, Pak family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath
Mateen Hafeez,TNN | Oct 15, 2015, 07.42 PM IST

Comments
ASalman Khan|Refused Admission|Pakistani Family|Lodge|Hotel

Haji-Ali-dargah-in-Mumbai.jpg

The Karachi-based family was in Mumbai to visit the Haji Ali Dargah (pictured).

RELATED

MUMBAI: A trip to 'Maximum City' turned bitter for a family from Pakistan. After visiting the iconic Haji Ali dargah, the family of six from Karachi found that no hotel or lodge was willing to give them rooms. When their efforts to return to their relatives' house in Jodhpur too failed, the family - which included three women and a boy - had no option but to spend the night on a footpath.

The family had arrived in India last week, and had stayed a while with relatives in Jodhpur. They had arrived in Mumbai, with two things on their agenda - a visit to Haji Ali and an attempt to meet Bollywood star Salman Khan.

"After being with our relatives in Jodhpur for over a week, we decided to visit the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai for ziyarat (prayers). We arrived in Mumbai on October 14 morning, went to the shrine and returned from there after prayers," said Noor Banu, who had come to India with her brother Inayat Ali (55), nephew Shakeel Ahmed, two other women and a seven-year-old boy.

After a visit to Haji Ali, the family had tried to find accommodation. That's when their trauma started.

"I asked the family to wait near a hotel at Bhenzi Bazaar and began searching for a hotel or lodge. Till the evening I visited around a dozen lodges, but everyone refused to admit us since we are from Pakistan," said a bitter Shakeel Ahmed.

"What is the problem in providing us accommodation when the Indian government has given us valid visas?" he added.

"The little boy, who watched the 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' movie, is a big fan of Salman Khan. We thought we will try to meet Salman Khan too. However, the experience has been bitter. I don't want to say more. We just want to leave and reach home as early as possible," said Ahmed.

After they were turned away by a dozen lodges and hotels, the family decided to return to Jodhpur. They went to the Mumbai Central Railway station to take a train, but were stopped by the railway protection force (RPF).

The RPF personnel told the family that there was no train for Jodhpur late in the night and that they would have to come the next day. The family could also not spend the night on the platform, as that is not permitted in Mumbai.

So, they come out of the station and took the only option open to them - spend the night on a footpath.

On Thursday morning, the family left for Jodhpur. "We are going from Mumbai, but don't want to go with bitter memories. However, one will think about the treatment given to him or her on foreign soil," said Banu. The family did not approach the police, saying their priority was to reach home at the earliest.

When a reporter told Ahmed that the Indians' attitudes towards Pakistan changed after the 26/11 terror attacks, Ahmed said, "Even we feel bad for it. However, one cannot malign the image of all Pakistanis because of that."
I think it is case of misunderstanding many Pakistani people visiting India nothing reported till date may be refused by a single motel or they don;t have proper identification paper. The nest things is Siv Sena may be they secretly pass a message to motels to not entertain Pakistani customers.

Samething hpnd to me few years back when me and my late father were refused by the hotels in delhi. The reason was, on indian visas "Particularly for Pakistsnis I assume" the destination city/cities is stamped. You wont be able to get a room in any hotel other than that particular city. My train from delhi to to Muzaffarpur was on next day, we had to spend our night in a shop.

@Sulman Badshah, @Areesh, @OTTOMAN, @Sunan, @That Guy, @Viking 63, @s.k, @Sheikh Rauf, @PAKISTANFOREVER, @Salman Zahidi, @The Silent One, @Icewolf, @Super Falcon

Guys think from a Indian business point of view as well. Pakistan has always waged a proxy war for Kashmir there have been several bomb blasts, Hijacks etc and Mumbai is the place where 26/11 happend

So why would a business man (Hotels) trust some people from Pakistan who would just come and ask for a room to stay
Think what would be going on in the mind of the people running the business what if something goes wrong then how will the business handle it ?

Who will save them from investigations ?

And trust me if they had gone to proper hotels they might have got the rooms from what i understand they have approached small businesses who wont take the risk.

There is always two sides to a story. You guys support terrorists as freedom fighters and this is what happens.

Here is a simple example of what Pakistan has ended up becoming
Letters from abroad: Shame on you, you are Pakistani – The Express Tribune Blog

Come on guys don’t you think you should stop supporting terrorists at least to start gaining back the respect in the world. I would say if you want Kashmir wage a 100 wars and get it In return you will earn it with respect but stop supporting terrorist cowards do that and we ain’t that.
Now your just taking the piss. What a shit excuse, and a bad handed advice. Just stop.

Also, don't post 3 year old news articles.

Also, don't post 3 year old news articles.
It's not even a news article. It's merely crying from someone suffering from an inferiority complex and who couldn't prepare for international travel or research the requirements properly and has left us with that piece of demoralization.

Everything from The Express Tribune Blogs and Dawn Blogs should be taken with a heap of salt.

Interestingly, My aunt went to Mumbai for treatment in 2010, this is barely two years after 26/11.. and they were very well received there. No angst was shown against Pakistan in general and everyone was generally welcoming.

So its either 1 or 2.

1. This family was generally unlucky and considering their itenary planning, simply ended up choosing the wrong area and went too cheap.

2. Indians have become more vile and hateful under PM Modi and have lost their humanity.

Interestingly, My aunt went to Mumbai for treatment in 2010, this is barely two years after 26/11.. and they were very well received there. No angst was shown against Pakistan in general and everyone was generally welcoming.

So its either 1 or 2.

1. This family was generally unlucky and considering their itenary planning, simply ended up choosing the wrong area and went too cheap.

2. Indians have become more vile and hateful under PM Modi and have lost their humanity.

Your post is nice, that you said it twice! :P

the worst thing is indians defending this and justifying it by claiming they could have turned out to be terrorists when was the last time you heard of 2 women a 55 year old man and a 7 year old boy whipping out AK-47s and going on a rampage. Indians have a desire to be like goras, this behaviour is part of there coconut mentality. its fucking shameful

Idiot family .
Should have caught a train to Jammu & sit like royalty .
some Pakistanis are silly if it was me i would have gone home to Kashmir

Pakistanis are humid, pre-possessing homosapiens with full-sized aortic pumps.

Nah... we are just normal people who have normal sized 4 chambered hearts :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Last edited:
That is exactly what these illiterate people do when they visit these places. !!

Agree bro if they pray... I also regularly visit shrine of Aulliyah..
Considered them as wasila of Allah not equivalent to Allah..... Do you also believe the same....

Simple message don't come to India. As simple as that :coffee:
Why you people think that India is land of Hindu...It too was invaded by Aryans and the real inhabitants were considered as shudras....
We always allowed and welcomed sikhs and hindu to there holy places and never denied hotels to them..

WO kon sa kam hy Jo tumharey Rab Kay darbar sey nehai hota. ?

Attachments

• 1445272811814.jpg
    1445272811814.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 11
Why you people think that India is land of Hindu...It too was invaded by Aryans and the real inhabitants were considered as shudras....
We always allowed and welcomed sikhs and hindu to there holy places and never denied hotels to them..
India is land of Hindus. We all know Muslims came from outside. And sir hatred towards pakistanis is not because of religion. It is because of state sponsored terrorism of Pakistan. We can not forget 26/11. And culprits of 26/11 are roaming freely in Pakistan. So how can you expect we will welcome you?

Already posted. 5 morons got what they deserved. Nothing to discuss here.

Good.... they deserved it.
Thank you Indians... and keep doing it to the visitors from Pakistan.

What are you guys celebrating for? You don't know what this means for a Lucknowi. They were not going to India, they were going to their own land, for them Jodhpuri is their identity. Its hard for some of us Pakistanis to understand for some reason. This is where the entire root of the problem lies. Instead of being happy about them going to their original land-possibly shoring up support among muslims there for Pakistan we blame them.

Lucknow is ours, its mine and we will free it from India. But we need an attitude correction. If we become one will we continue treating them separate or will we merge the muslims left there in the national fabric. India is blocking access to us in our own lands. This is despicable to say the least.

Agree bro if they pray... I also regularly visit shrine of Aulliyah..
Considered them as wasila of Allah not equivalent to Allah..... Do you also believe the same....

We do the same thing actually to our hindus. Deepak Perwani was refused access to a hotel because he mistakenly mentioned the word India. Both nations need to grow up. And if India blocks access to us to our own land then we will find ways to come there despite.

Back
Top Bottom