What's new

Pak will be third largest economy in the Asia: Prati

I have Italian friends here in Canada, and they happen to love Pakistan.. I have also noticed this amongst Swedes and Norwegians.

I agree, pretty much same experience here...

I agree, same experience here...

It's weird. Most of Europe and North America seem to have negative views towards Pakistan, especially with all the propaganda they get.

If I were to label the most Pakistani friendly European countries, it would be in this order; 'Italy, Norway, Sweden' and aside from these three countries, I am unsure.

The first is deeply religious, the other two have more atheists per capita.

What people often forget, is that Pakistan has the 6th largest population in the world, as well as a significant section of its society that is highly educated.

Pakistan has many of the natural advantages that China has. All Pakistan needs at the moment, is a good leader who can reform their economic system.

So Pakistan has enormous potential. With a good economic system, I can see Pakistan becoming one of the fastest growing nations in the developing world.

It's weird. Most of Europe and North America seem to have negative views towards Pakistan, especially with all the propaganda they get.

If I were to label the most Pakistani friendly European countries, it would be in this order; 'Italy, Norway, Sweden' and aside from these three countries, I am unsure.

I would also add Ukraine, Bosnia, and Turkey :woot:

Every country with decent natural resources has the potential to do everything. However, what matters is: how efficiently you use them.

This is where the difference between pakistan and India comes... An indian ruler will steal fruits, still make sure the garden can grow in the future. Pakistan's corrupt government will steal fruits as well as sell all plants...:confused:

Actually, Norway is one of the few countries with state religion as Protestant Christianity.

It is going secular now though.

the economy of a country is directly related to its population. the bigger the population supported by right policies and a good leadership the bigger the economy. since pakistan has a huge population base and a sea border it has almost everything to be the third largest economy in asia after india and china. it has potential to replace deteriorating japan.

but a growing economy needs many other things to thrive.
pakistan lacks resources to support almost 200 mill ppl. moreover the govts in pakistan is not reliable and has a literacy rate of 40%. it has a crap agricultural production.

the railways which is the backbone of developeing countries is destroyed by govts. infrastructure development is negligible and no one is ready to invest a single doll here.

power production is 1/25 of india and soon will be below 1/50 with the speed at which progress is happening in the country.

and the world looks at pakistan as a somewhat negative outlook.

according to me pakistan cant achieve its potential in near future. 10 yrs are required to get things in place and another 5 to get the economy growing and finally results will be achieved over nxt 35-40 yrs. only allah knows what will happen in pakistan over that time. u cant predict future of pakistan unfortunately.

the economy of a country is directly related to its population. the bigger the population supported by right policies and a good leadership the bigger the economy. since pakistan has a huge population base and a sea border it has almost everything to be the third largest economy in asia after india and china. it has potential to replace deteriorating japan.

but a growing economy needs many other things to thrive.
pakistan lacks resources to support almost 200 mill ppl. moreover the govts in pakistan is not reliable and has a literacy rate of 40%. it has a crap agricultural production.

the railways which is the backbone of developeing countries is destroyed by govts. infrastructure development is negligible and no one is ready to invest a single doll here.

power production is 1/25 of india and soon will be below 1/50 with the speed at which progress is happening in the country.

and the world looks at pakistan as a somewhat negative outlook.

according to me pakistan cant achieve its potential in near future. 10 yrs are required to get things in place and another 5 to get the economy growing and finally results will be achieved over nxt 35-40 yrs. only allah knows what will happen in pakistan over that time. u cant predict future of pakistan unfortunately.

The problem lies in organization, education, and corruption ....

Pakistan has so many resources that you cannot imagine. We don't grow tea, olives, dates, etc that have a potential of having world's highest yield. We have Gas and Oil but we have become prone on relying on middle east, and other countries for staying cool.

In the same manner when you are talking about power production, we have thar coal and high winds in Western Sindh and in Balochistan. There is enough sunshne for solar panels and there is the nuclear technology that can be used peacefully..

As far as other things are concerned, PIA was the best airlines in all of Asia and Karachi was the cleanest/role model for countries like Korea...

We have tremendous potential. But to say 'we will never achieve our potential' are pretty strong words from you....

The problem lies in organization, education, and corruption ....

Pakistan has so many resources that you cannot imagine. We don't grow tea, olives, dates, etc that have a potential of having world's highest yield. We have Gas and Oil but we have become prone on relying on middle east, and other countries for staying cool.

In the same manner when you are talking about power production, we have the that coal and high winds in Western Sindh and in Balochistan that are there.

As far as other things are concerned, PIA was the best airlines in all of Asia and Karachi was the cleanest/role model for countries like Korea...

We have tremendous potential. But to say 'we will never achieve our potential' are pretty strong words from you....

i didnt say u will never achieve ur potential. there is a reason why pakistan is listed in next 11 countries. because pakistans achievements and growth will come with countries of africa and other countries which today are destroyed or fighting, meaning late after the middle of the century.

but i believe that pakistan has the potential to be developed much before, but unfortunately if wont.

it doenst have enough literate ppl. i have read about resources of pakistan. most of coal and oil is not economically viable. it has no option but to be dependent on persia for oil. some coal is ther but not enough in long term and quality is doubtful for electricity production. installed capacity is 15000mw but production is less than 9000mw. india will have 300000mw by 2017.

pakistan will achieve its potential one day, but the more it delays the more it will be late and costly and harder.

Who will be the first two?

I mean who among China, India, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Indonesia will be the lucky top two!!

On the other hand, there is going to be tough competition from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, countries in middle east..

It will be hard to beat Indonesia, Taiwan, South Korea. Unless the Ambassador doesn't consider these countries part of Asia as they are "some islands beyond." :lol:

Asia 2020 in my opinion,

China
Japan
India
South Korea
Indonesia
Saudi Arabia
Thailand
Iran
UAE
Taiwan
Singapore
Malaysia
Pakistan

Who will be the first two?

japan is not in the league anymore as its population and economy is in negative. pakistan has more population so it should be china, india and pakistan by logic. but pakistan is nowhere close to the target. there are atleast 20 countries that pakistan has to surpass, maybe they r talking about 60 yrs ahead.

japan is not in the league anymore as its population and economy is in negative. pakistan has more population so it should be china, india and pakistan by logic. but pakistan is nowhere close to the target. there are atleast 20 countries that pakistan has to surpass, maybe they r talking about 60 yrs ahead.

Ah, are we talking about growth rate or economy size??

size loll the thread name.

If it is about growth rate then it could be possible but still there will be stiff competition and it will happen much later but if it is about economy size, I don't know how they are going to beat so many much bigger economies.. Some kind of wonder will be needed like China shifting part of its economy to Pakistan..

Back
Top Bottom