What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

36 in hand
24 in the process of upgrade and delivery(mix of blk 15 and 40)
36 new
96 total (5.3 sqdns)
the original plan was 108 a/c (6 sqdns) so expect additional used F-16s to cover this gap.

So Pakistan has decided to go for the extra 18 option as well? Any link to confirm that?

And jumpin jesus! India has 230 MKIs? Damnnnn, that is a serious quantitive edge over us.

So Pakistan has decided to go for the extra 18 option as well? Any link to confirm that?

And jumpin jesus! India has 230 MKIs? Damnnnn, that is a serious quantitive edge over us.

the news is from AFM - Feburary-08 issue.

we might place additional order of another new 18 (or more) F-16s with APG-80 AESA radar but it depends on US policies as long as their Forces are in Afghanistan, they will support us

A breif information about this would be appreciated

Key points from India's MiG Complex: HAL NASIK

1. Nasik Aircraft Production:

MiG-21FL = 1966-74
MiG-21bis = 1976-87
MiG-27ML = 1982-97

Su-30MKI = 2004 onwards.

the HAL Nasik Division was established in 1964 for the licence-manufacture of the MiG-21FL and the K-13 (AA-2 Atoll) missiles. its quotes its main objective today as 'keep the available fleet of the MiG-21/27 and Su-30 MKI's at the highest level of servicability'.

this large military-looking facility is located at ojhar some 15 miles (24km) north-east of nasik in the state of maharashtara, around 120 miles (200km) north-east of mumbai.

by 1995 all 125 MiG-21bis were upgraded to the MiG-21bison standard. initially the upgrade on the most modern of the MiG-21s took 11 months but as the teams gained in experience, this dropped to 9.

SU-30MKI production Phases:
phase 1 (CTS): receipt of a/c from russia for system checks, ground and flight checks and final finishing at nasik. - delivery commenced from 2004-05.

phase 11 (FE): receipt of major assemblies from russia for equipping a/c, plus ground and flight test activities as per phase 1. - delivery commenced from 2005-06.

phase 111 (RM-1):raw material participation will start from this phase. all components will be manufactured in the division except for fuselage which will be imported. - delivery commenced from 2006-07.

phase 1V (RM-11): manufacture of components from raw material, sub-assemblies and final assembly and flight testing. - delivery commences from 2009-10.

Can somebody confirm? Training in PFT ( Risalpur ) is still carried out on Mushaks or, is there a plan to switch over to Super Mushaks, in future. Does PAF has any plan to induct Super Mushaks

i think the super mushak has been inducted in PA and PAF.

AFM News for the month of March:

1. France persues major indian defence deals: Dassault has again made a un-solicited offer to india to supply 40 Rafale fighters as a short-term measure to boost the IAF's depleted a/c inventory. this is keeping with previous experience with long delays in indian military acquisitions.

2. further discussions are also in progress to upgrade 52 IAF-Dassault Mirage-2000H/TH. total delivered were 59 a/c but 7 a/c have been lost in accidents. the US$ 1.5 bill upgrade would include new advanced radar, avionics and BVR AAMs. the modernisation is said to be equivalent to Mirage 2000-9 standard.

3. Pentagon closes door on F-14 spares sales to Iran: US president signed into legislation prohibiting Pentagon from selling F-14 surplus spares to Iran. under this legislation 146 surplus F-14s are to be destroyed.

4. Boeing P-8i chosen by Indian Navy: india media is reporting that the indian defence ministry has entered exclusive commercial price negotations with Boeing to buy 8 P-8i Poseidan long-range MR&ASW a/c. the P-8i is a variant of the US Navy P-8A. all 8 are scheduled to enter service in 2015.

5. India seeks 57 more Hawk AJTs: IAF ACM has indicated in a recent interview that the IAF wants to purchase 40 additional BAE Hawk AJTs. he indicated that 66 a/c have been purchased which are below the original requirement of 122 a/c set over two decades ago.

6. India medium-lift helicopters sought: in jan-08 the IAF undertook trials of the Augusta-Westland AW-101 and the Sikorsky S-92 which are competing for a new medium lift and VIP transport helicopter. 4 - 30 passenger and 8 - 12 passenger VIP helicopters are sought. contract signature is expected in march-09. the new helicopters will replace Mi-8s currently being used in the VIP role.

7. Pakistan inauurates JF-17 production: a formal ceremony took place at the PAC-Kamra to launch local maufacture of sub-assemblies for the joint chinese-pakistani JF-17 thunder multi-role fighter jet. the production line was inaugrated by ACM - PAF. he said that initially only final assembly, painting and flight testing would be undertaken in pakistan, all other stages being completed by chengdu in china. however as indigenous work on the type expands, it is planned to manufacture 60% of the airframe and 80% of the avionics in pakistan by 2010. over the next year 8 a/c will be produced at the PAC kamra facility, followed by 15 in 2009 and reaching full-rate production of 25 a/c per year from 2010. the PAF intends to acquire 150 JF-17s in the initial phase of its agreement with china and plans to set up a JF-17 operational conversion unit by the end of this year.

8. Pakistan F-16s return to USA: arriving at lejas in the azores on Jan 11 were PAF F-16A (84713)(c/n SG-13, USAF/81-0911) and F-16B (82603)(c/n SH-3, USAF/81-0933) en-route to Hill AFB, Utah. both has their PAF nationality markings over-painted and wore both PAF and USAF serials plus the US "star and bar". support came from USAF/60th AMW/9th ARS KC-10A 83-0076. although it is un-confirmed, it is thought more than likely that they are to be used as pattern a/c for the PAF F-16 Mid-Life Upgrade (MLU) program now underway.

Good to see F-16s being upgraded in a fast pace. 2 of them have already gone through an upgrade i believe.

Good to see F-16s being upgraded in a fast pace. 2 of them have already gone through an upgrade i believe.

for each upgraded a/c (MLUed) and returned, PAF will swap another, meaning to say that the operational strength should be maintained. dont forget at the same time additional F-16s (embargoed) will also be delivered.

question still remains that is PAF going to simultaneously get their F-16s MLUed in Turkey(?) and what about in-house plans to upgrade them at Kamra once the technical capability is acquired.

To me it seems Turkey plan is canceled, and now we are just going to do it in the U.S.A. No info on local upgrading is available, but we do know that much of the in-house capability had been available during the embargo.

Also check this out:

http://www.defence.pk/fighter-aircraft.html

See if it is correct and good.

To me it seems Turkey plan is canceled, and now we are just going to do it in the U.S.A. No info on local upgrading is available, but we do know that much of the in-house capability had been available during the embargo.

Also check this out:

http://www.defence.pk/fighter-aircraft.html

See if it is correct and good.

the definations, designations are correct and a great job. as far as qty is concerned the approximation also looks ok. for example - if my memory serves me right JDW indicates 227 mirages in PAF inventory. how many of these are operational is the open issue.

as far as F-16s are concerned. so far 6 have been further delivered. 32+6 = 38 (2 full sqdns of 18 ea)

8. Pakistan F-16s return to USA: arriving at lejas in the azores on Jan 11 were PAF F-16A (84713)(c/n SG-13, USAF/81-0911) and F-16B (82603)(c/n SH-3, USAF/81-0933) en-route to Hill AFB, Utah. both has their PAF nationality markings over-painted and wore both PAF and USAF serials plus the US "star and bar". support came from USAF/60th AMW/9th ARS KC-10A 83-0076. although it is un-confirmed, it is thought more than likely that they are to be used as pattern a/c for the PAF F-16 Mid-Life Upgrade (MLU) program now underway.

A question here. By the end of this year i think in october or november a new government will be in placed in the US. My question is that if for some reason US decides to put sactions on pakistan(i am not going into an argument whether they will or not, let us suppose they did) do they legally can withheld PAF's F-16s which will be in the US by then for the MLU or even if they again strip it down to its basic configuration and return it. Is it possible or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom