What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

PoPupwindow.aspx

I guess they indeed even do not trust non Pakistani to be in or around Pakistani bases. I seriously question the value of these block52's.

value is the deterrent factor! - just like the strategic assets!

Copy right issue is right, ok i agree.
but as u said "Friends are difficult to come by". As i see, he seems to very much interested in PAf specially in JF-17. on the other hand, i have never seen such detailed articles on JFT in any Mag... it seems very fishy to me.
i think he is being paid more then his job's salary because like how AFM / AW covering JF-17, it is full fledge world wide marketing. THOUGH if he is paid , that's pretty good move. :tup:

JFT has been covered in Aviation Week a leading defence mag, on DID. i've posted JFT details in the JFT segment. its just not AFM alone. the point is that JFT is a leading milestone in co-operation between a economic super-power and a 3rd world country, which if 'marketed' properly has the potential to sell up to 1,500 a/c or more. at 30m/pop thats a lot of 'green backs'.

According to one member on another forum Alan Warne article on Pak Nay aviation containes the following information.

Z-9 choppers will be data linked with F-22s and JF-17s armed with C803 missiles
Confirmed we now have 7 P-3Cs left after PNS Mehran incident
Hawker jet is indeed EW/Multimission dedicated
2 Atlantics stilll operation in same squadron as Hawker for EW/Elint duties
6 F-27s still in service. 3 for MR and 3 for Transport/utility. PN looking at CN-235 or ATR-72 as replacements
Alouttes still being used for training/SAR, being phased out

According to one member on another forum Alan Warne article on Pak Nay aviation containes the following information.

Z-9 choppers will be data linked with F-22s and JF-17s armed with C803 missiles
Confirmed we now have 7 P-3Cs left after PNS Mehran incident
Hawker jet is indeed EW/Multimission dedicated
2 Atlantics stilll operation in same squadron as Hawker for EW/Elint duties
6 F-27s still in service. 3 for MR and 3 for Transport/utility. PN looking at CN-235 or ATR-72 as replacements
Alouttes still being used for training/SAR, being phased out

sounds ok - hope PN can find the funds for its replacement plans

One important thing is that Naval JFt would have C-803 not C-802a missiles. Please comment on this.

One important thing is that Naval JFt would have C-803 not C-802a missiles. Please comment on this.

803 may be a improved version of the 802. the other difference could be the size of the asm.

C-802/YJ-82

"China’s Yingji-82 or YJ-82 (export name C-802) was first unveiled in 1989 by the China Haiying Electro-Mechanical Technology Academy. Due to the Yingji-82 missile’s small radar reflectivity, low attack flight path (only five to seven metres above the sea surface) and strong anti-jamming capability of its guidance equipment, target ships have a very
small chance of intercepting the missile. The Yingji-82 can be launched from airplanes, surface ships, submarines and land-based vehicles, and has been considered—along with the US Harpoon missile—as among the best
anti-ship missiles of its generation."

ADJ

According to Usman S of another forum.

Got my copy of AFM August issue yesterday. Some Pakistan related tidbits:

• According to CATIC Chairman Mr. Ma Zing a new PAC Kamra/CATIC joint marketing team is currently being set up. This team includes PAF pilots who have flown the F-16, Mirages and F-7, as well as JF-17.
• CATIC is also marketing the JF-17 to both the PLAAF and PLAN.
• There is a small positive piece on Pakistan’s participation in the TuAF’s 100th Anniversary under the heading “Pak AF Lights Up Izmir”.
• Pakistan has acquired two Mi-14PG (fire-fighting variant) from Ukraine. There is a picture in the mag as well showing one in Pakistani colors.
• 8 page article on Pakistan Navy.
• JF-17 will be soon operational with the C-802 AShM.

Further:

There is a special Force Report on Pakistan Navy Aviation and a story on the PNS Mehran attack.

Afghanistan has acquired five ex-PA Mi-17s.

Two more Indian C-130J-30s delivered.

A short story titled "Pak AF lights up Izmir".

another news was about ...
TAI Ramps up F-16 Work
...TAI is also working on the first three PAF F-16 Block 15's(two As and oneB) of 41 that were contracted for in mid 2009, at a cost of US$70m for a Falcon Up/Falcon Star structural and avionics upgrade.....4 PAF F-16 Block 15's are undergoing a similar upgrade in the US......

803 may be a improved version of the 802. the other difference could be the size of the asm.

c802
Weight 715 kg
Length 6.392 m
Diameter 36 cm
Operational
range 180 km (C-802A); 120 km (C-802
Flight altitude 3-5 m (attacking); 5-7 m (cruising)[1]
Speed Mach 1.6 (attacking), Mach 0.9[1] (cruising)
Guidance
system Inertial and terminal active radar
c803
Weight ~850-1200 kg
Length ~6-7 m
Diameter 0.36 m
Operational
range >255 km (air-launched)
200 km (surface-launched)
Flight altitude 5 to 50 meters cruising
Speed Subsonic - Mach 2
Guidance
system Infra-Red and MMW radar

Winner of the 2011 Laureate Award for IT/Electronics- The Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto GCAS), led by program managers Edward Griffin of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics and Donald Swilhart of the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory. The system predicts an impending ground collision and performs and automatic avoidance maneuver to provide protection to pilots that have become disoriented or are experiencing loss of consciousness. The advent of GCAS capability represents one of the greatest improvements in military aviation safety and the most important flight control technology transition since fly-by-wire. It is projected to save 247 lives and provide $12.7 billion in savings to the Air Force during the next 25 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom