What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Awsome job sir fatman .. thx alot btw sir which is the biggest airbase in PAF by size aircrafts personal etc? maybe iam wrong but is it not PAF Base Masroor ?

Awsome job sir fatman .. thx alot btw sir which is the biggest airbase in PAF by size aircrafts personal etc? maybe iam wrong but is it not PAF Base Masroor ?

i think that would be Mushaf (sargodha)...?
considering its like the HQ

i think that would be Mushaf (sargodha)...?
considering its like the HQ

Thx razgriz19 i also had Mushaf in mind as well but unsure it to me is actually a interesting question and would love to know the actual answer to it.

AFM Jan-2012

JF-17 Thunder. One of the Stars of Dubai

3 new JF-17 Thunders, two K-8Ps, a pair of Super Mushshaks and a Saab Erieye 2000 participated in the Dubai air show.

to date 38 of the 42 Block 1's have been assembled at PAC Kamra, with the last example expected to be delivered in April-2012 by which time, 26 Sqdn at Peshawar and 16 Sqdn at Minhas will have been joined by a third operational unit.

manufacture of a second batch of 50 Block 2 standard aircraft will commence in mid-2012. their enhancements over the Block 1s will include smarter avionics, better weapons, air-to-air refuelling, enhanced data-link and development of a dual-seat version.

there are at least five countries showing serious interest. one of these is Egypt and the EAF CAS Maj-Gen Abdul Aziz was seen being shown around the aircraft's cockpit display in the static park. he said "we are very interested and even sent a pilot ti China, to train on the simulator".

Next Month...

Postcard from Dubai
Alan Warnes presents a photo-feature of the stars of the Dubai Airshow, held over November 13 to 17.

Does enhanced data link mean that JF-17 will now be having link with F-16s?

in the past it used to be Masroor (Mauripur) AB as it has the most squadrons posted there. Mushaf (Sargodha) is famous for the F-16 Sqns and the CCS (Topgun school). it may not be the largest in terms of a/c.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Does enhanced data link mean that JF-17 will now be having link with F-16s?

i think they want the JFT to talk to the erieye's and then also could comm with the F-16's, however i'm not an expert!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

16x5 = 80 a/c at Masroor as a minimum.

N0.81 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Peshawar
Established; 1963
Aircraft; Alouette III
Role; SAR, Basic Helicopter Conversion Course & Qualified Helicopter Instructor Course. given status of Helicopter Flying Training School.

N0.82 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Mushaf
Established; 1958
Aircraft; Mi-17I, Alouette III
Role; SAR, center for Mi-17 aircrew conversion. Captain Conversion & Co-pilot Conversion Courses.

N0.83 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Rafiqui
Established; 1972
Aircraft; Alouette III
Role; SAR

No.84 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Masroor
Established; 1968
Aircraft; Alouette III, Mi-17I
Role; SAR / Night SAR, assault operations, para droppings.

No. 85 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Samungli
Established; 1986
Aircraft; Alouette III
Role, SAR.

No. 86 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Mianwali
Established; 1983
Aircraft; Alouette III
Role; SAR, one of its war time roles came to prominence in 2001's Operation Sentinel when S/L Nasruminallah engaged an IAF UAV while flying his Alouette III and shredded it to pieces!

No.87 SAR Squadron

Location; PAF Base Kamra-Minhas
Established; 1996
Aircraft; Alouette III
Role; SAR, VIP transport.

Are there any rumours about Pakistan getting fighter bombers?? We just lost AQ-5 fantan and maybe we should consider buying few Chinese JH-7. What do you all suggest??

Are there any rumours about Pakistan getting fighter bombers?? We just lost AQ-5 fantan and maybe we should consider buying few Chinese JH-7. What do you all suggest??

JFT is the replacement - this is an era of multi-role a/c for small airforces like PAF

two systems are not listed above.....

Saab Erieye Squadron? - N0.13?
IL-78Midas MRTT Squadron - No.10?

can anyone verify?

when will we Puchase J20 and EFT sir ?

no plans as of today!

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

SAR stands for Search And Rescue!

what was it called in the 50's/60's.

hint; the old nomenclature had the same initials (in bold)

regarding PAF squadrons, if PAF is to maintain all of its current squadrons it will need atleast 360 front line fighters..if we assume that 150 thunders and 120 j-10/f-16s are inducted by 2015 end, we would have 270 4th gen aircrfts..
so to compensate the gap would this mean that F-7PGs and mirage rose upgrade will continue to operate beyond 2015 ..?

Oman Seeks BAE Systems Bid for Typhoon

• The government of Oman has requested that BAE Systems submit a formal bid for the supply of Typhoon fighter aircraft. The move clarifies the Middle East nation’s continuing commitment to the program following delays in completing negotiations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom