What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Definately will not be surprised if a few Sqds of used F-16s are in the pipeline, relations with US have improved, COAS will visit DC soon, we got US approval for C-130 transfer recently and currently many European F-16 users are taking on board more and more F-35s (Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium) so will be spares around. My gut feeling is we will try for Dutch/Belgium Vipers as these are close to PAF MLU standard
There are alot Airframes available now both in EU & US herself PAF should seize this opportunity and get as many as they can & get upgrade package V standards yes I feel they are coming

PAC Kamra...

1660936580130.png

Definately will not be surprised if a few Sqds of used F-16s are in the pipeline, relations with US have improved, COAS will visit DC soon, we got US approval for C-130 transfer recently and currently many European F-16 users are taking on board more and more F-35s (Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium) so will be spares around. My gut feeling is we will try for Dutch/Belgium Vipers as these are close to PAF MLU standard

Most of the euro f 16s are quiet used up and rusty due to North Sea/Atlantic. They were up for offer before as well but paf declined due to condition and hours remaining on them.

Most of the euro f 16s are quiet used up and rusty due to North Sea/Atlantic. They were up for offer before as well but paf declined due to condition and hours remaining on them.

Not what I have heard, and in fact these birds are highly sought after. Belgium and Ntherlands actuakky stored many of their Vipers for years due to budget cuts and pilot shortages. Do you have a source? As far as I know PAF chased these birds but US blocked it

Another picture of JF-17 Thunder Block-3 serial 3P05

~ 3 = Block-3
~ 05 = 5th airframe of B-3
~ Year of manufacturing is definitely 2022.

1660999583419.png

Today we remember the supreme sacrifice of Pilot officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed Nishan-e-Haider (NH) in the line of duty. Pilot officer Rashid Minhas lived up to the great traditions of Pakistan Air Force by serving the motherland.
@DGPR_PAF

20th August the martyrdom anniversary of Pakistan's national hero, Rashid Minhas Shaheed.

1661002512289.png

Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed, Nishan-e-Haider (7th from both Left and Right side of 2nd row) attending a course at Aero Medical Institute, Masroor Base, Karachi. Date of group photograph is 27th March 1971. Late Wing Commander Dr S.M. Akbar was Officer Commanding AMI ( Aero Medical Institute)
Photo Courtesy : Taqi Akbar

Not what I have heard, and in fact these birds are highly sought after. Belgium and Ntherlands actuakky stored many of their Vipers for years due to budget cuts and pilot shortages. Do you have a source? As far as I know PAF chased these birds but US blocked it
Agreed, the Norwegian F-16s at least have around 1,500 to 2,500 hours left on average.

However, that's the figure based on the OEM's recommendations. The fact that Top Air is picking up Israeli F-16A/Bs and upgrading them suggests to me the F-16A/Bs can keep going for a while after that.

Dutch F-16’s have been sold recently to Draken, a US company that will use them for adversary training. Portugese and Norwegian ones have been sold to Romania. So there’s plenty life left in them. But, as others said, the US can still block European countries from selling them to certain countries (unfortunately Pakistan in this case).

Dutch F-16’s have been sold recently to Draken, a US company that will use them for adversary training. Portugese and Norwegian ones have been sold to Romania. So there’s plenty life left in them. But, as others said, the US can still block European countries from selling them to certain countries (unfortunately Pakistan in this case).
Exactly. I'm sure if the doors were open to Pakistan, it would've gone after the Dutch, Norwegian, Belgian, etc F-16s as well as any Block-25s and Block-32s sitting in Arizona. In fact, when Bush lifted the F-16 ban back in 2003, the general expectation was that the PAF would swell its F-16 fleet with used airframes just as it had with the Mirage III/5s. I mean, it'd just make sense...

...and if the PAF isn't doing it, then there's an outside blocker.

Exactly. I'm sure if the doors were open to Pakistan, it would've gone after the Dutch, Norwegian, Belgian, etc F-16s as well as any Block-25s and Block-32s sitting in Arizona. In fact, when Bush lifted the F-16 ban back in 2003, the general expectation was that the PAF would swell its F-16 fleet with used airframes just as it had with the Mirage III/5s. I mean, it'd just make sense...

...and if the PAF isn't doing it, then there's an outside blocker.

Or there is no need due to J-10?
Could be that PAF felt what we took during Bush Era is temporary fill gap until the Chinese cards are in order.

Back
Top Bottom