What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Initial Batch of PAF UAV operators have completed their training on Akinci Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs)...

1666379546917.png

1666379590386.png

1666379573609.png

So what will be our future proj azm needs 10 more years than 10 more for these India already near completion on AMCA and their own wingman drone
Most likely we will eventually get the J-31, chances of an indigenous 5th generation materialising independently within the next decade are low. Our domestic industry requires a lot of reform if it wants to compete anywhere close to international standards. Unless you want to see a Qaher-313 roll out ;)

First goal should be a completely indigenous JF-17.

Most likely we will eventually get the J-31, chances of an indigenous 5th generation materialising independently within the next decade are low. Our domestic industry requires a lot of reform if it wants to compete anywhere close to international standards. Unless you want to see a Qaher-313 roll out ;)

First goal should be a completely indigenous JF-17.
There will NEVER be a FULLY INDEGENOUS JFT. This is the same as saying we want a fully indegenous Gripen or Samosa Tejas. There will only be a few powers in the world which have the infrastructure to build a fully indegenous fighter. On the F35 also there was international collaboration as was there on the EFT. We just do not have the economies of scale to build fighters indegenously nor do we have the infrastructure. At our current pace we will require 20-30 years to build up the infrastructure to build fighters. We will still have to collaborate to ensure we build enough to keep costs down. So much as I would like to salute your suggestion it is not possible in the current/near future time scale.
As 5o the 5th generation offering, I am unsure whether PAF will go with the J3x. PAF has allied itself with the TFX( I fully understand the engine issue and the lack of previous fighter output from the Turks). The reason appears to be China's apparent lack of agreement to workshare on the project instead acting as a supplier only while the PAF wants its own input in the fighter it acquires. These waters therefore are very murky to predict a future course. You may well be right but for the moment till the Chinese give in to the workshare idea we are not going to go down that route. So we do need to see how this pans out. What experience PAF has with the J10 might also shape its thought processes.
A

Last edited:
There will NEVER be a FULLY INDEGENOUS JFT. This is the same as saying we want a fully indegenous Gripen or Samosa Tejas. There will only be a few powers in the world which have the infrastructure to build a fully indegenous fighter. On the F35 also there was international collaboration as was there on the EFT. We just do not have the economies of scale to build fighters indegenously nor do we have the infrastructure. At our current pace we will require 20-30 years to build up the infrastructure to build fighters. We will still have to collaborate to ensure we build enough to keep costs down. So much as I would like to salute your suggestion it is not possible in the current/near future time scale.
As 5o the 5th generation offering, I am unsure whether PAF will go with the J3x. PAF has allied itself with the TFX( I fully understand the engine issue and the lack of previous fighter output from the Turks). The reason appears to be China's apparent lack of agreement to workshare on the project instead acting as a supplier only while the PAF wants its own input in the fighter it acquires. These waters therefore are very murky to predict a future course. You may well be right but for the moment till the Chinese give in to the workshare idea we are not going to go down that route. So we do need to see how this pans out. What experience PAF has with the J10 might also shape its thought processes.
A
It doesn't have to be 100% indigenous down to engines and every component, just the avionics, radar, etc, and manufacturing rather than assembling. I think that's realistic to some degree. The only constraint would be our economy and putting the correct reforms in place.

Also when was it confirmed we allied with the TF-X?

It doesn't have to be 100% indigenous down to engines and every component, just the avionics, radar, etc, and manufacturing rather than assembling. I think that's realistic to some degree. The only constraint would be our economy and putting the correct reforms in place.

Also when was it confirmed we allied with the TF-X?
Agreed on the JFT which is a lot clearer than your earlier post. Re the TFX PAF has been on record saying TFX ticks all the boxes for PAF. No such statement has come out on the J31/35. On the contrary ex PAF officers have pointed to J20 as a potential future acquisition. So of the j31/35 and TFX there seems more support for the TFX than theJ3xx.
A

Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Operations Summary 24-10-2022 (PAF).

Despite the lowering of water levels, the devastation caused by floods has still rendered people in distress due to food shortage and disease outbreak.

1666648787485.png

It was reported in September 2016 that Nigerian AF decided to acquire 3 JF-17Ns. All three (720, 721, 722) were delivered in early 2021. They were inducted into NAF on May 20, 2021. JF-17Ns have been seen carrying ASELPOD designation pod and Al-Battar 500lb LGBs for ground attack missions.
- Last Updated 10/25/22
JF-17N_20.jpg

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) , correct me if im wrong... but this looks like the paf is buying rek's at $1m a unit...? Even PK83 is costing 3x what a us made mk83 costs?
1666844090931.png
from dgdp book 2018, 100 units@ 100m usd...

Back
Top Bottom