What's new

Pakistan Air Force prepares for arrival of final Block II JF-17 and JF-17B fighter aircraft

Darin made the aircraft heavy so needs another engine..ops..thats not happening ...so seems ita going to be scrapped
So if what you are saying was the reason for no further updates on the topic, they went ahead with the program and modified 6 planes before doing a proper feasibility study and analyzing any potential pitfalls?

I mean they could have easily first tested the upgrade on one plane and upon success should have given the go ahead for the Darin III upgrade program and announced it to the outside world.

So if what you are saying was the reason for no further updates on the topic, they went ahead with the program and modified 6 planes before doing a proper feasibility study and analyzing any potential pitfalls?

I mean they could have easily first tested the upgrade on one plane and upon success should have given the go ahead for the Darin III upgrade program and announced it to the outside world.
What can i say since when HAL does something that make sense

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...jaguar-upgrade-over-honeywells-24b-price-tag/

Do you think Block 3 can match with F-16 Block 52 in PAF inventory?
JF17 blk3 would supplant our F16 fleet. It bring something to the table which was not available with F16. AESA, Anti ship missiles, Flexibility to upgrade without any sanctions and probably a growler version of Thunders. If blk 3 or some variant can could carry ra'ad it would be an icing on the top.

Do you think Block 3 can match with F-16 Block 52 in PAF inventory?

• It will be close to F16 Block 60 for Pakistan Airforce :coffee:

JF17 Block III, can be refreshed unlimited amount of times all parts / any parts
pmfp755.jpg

• F16 E/F, Block 60 fighters offer a mission radius of 1,025 miles
  • Northrop Grumman’s AN/APG-80 AESA radar
  • Unlike the APG-68s, the APG-80 can perform simultaneous ground and air scan, track, and targeting, and it adds an “agile beam” that reduces the odds of detection by opposing aircraft when the radar is on.
  • A JHMCS helmet-mounted display provides
  • Can't Carry Cruise Missile on UAE variants
  • AIM-9X Block II Sidewinder short-range missiles give them over-the-shoulder kill capability

[Note using Block II image for Educational Purpose]
p1745479_main.jpg

JF17 Block III Thunders
  • KLJ-7A AESA , china's top Radar AESA enabled
  • Increased Weapon's Load
  • Helmet Targeting System
  • Engine, of course, is a major Upgrade for Block III
  • Improved Weapon's Load

Last edited:
  • It will be close to F16 Block 60 for Pakistan Airforce :coffee:
JF17 Block III, can be refreshed unlimited amount of times all parts / any parts
I have been wondering... Can UAE persuade US to give Pakistan Block 60 upgrade? UAE payed for the whole program and I assume if PAF wanted upgrade they could get it.

We make our own Plane and sell to International markets
JF17 Thunder , Block I , Block II, Block II B

We are Manufacturer of Fight Jet in International Market with confirmed sales to 3 Airforces of world

interview_150803_01-02.jpg

JF-17B_02b.jpg

JF17 Block III is the Third Iteration of the Complex Machinery, the Most advance Variant
We are still awaiting the JF17 Block II B to be formally inducted into Pakistan Airforce

Last edited:
I have been wondering... Can UAE persuade US to give Pakistan Block 60 upgrade? UAE payed for the whole program and I assume if PAF wanted upgrade they could get it.
For all intents and purposes, no one cares for Pakistan enough for that except for Pakistanis (and some might dispute that too). In terms of complete fighter platforms, we're on our own.

Back
Top Bottom