6 F-16D Block 52+ Fighting Falcon
34 F-16A Block 15 MLU-3 Fighting Falcon
26 F-16B Block 15 MLU-3 Fighting Falcon
150 JF-17 Thunder
6 Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C + 1 training Aircraft
4 IL-78 Midas Air-to-Air Refueling Aircraft
12 C-130H w/6 reserve C-130H Medium Lift Transport Aircraft
39+ K-8 Intermediate Jet Trainer
*Additional F-10A/B Vanguard will be procured.

*JF-17 fleet may rise from 150 to 200-250

*The PAF may procure an additional 33 F-16C/D Block 52+.

*The PAF will procure an unspecified number of Sino-Pak developed AEW&C aircraft.

*Plans to procure an Advanced Lead in Jet Trainer to replace the FT-5 and the FT-6 in a fighter conversion role, e.g., the L-15, L-159B or T-50.

For a fleet of 250 -300 fighters i see no requirement for having anymore of those AWACS.

Originally posted by Neo
What are the chances we'll go for the KC-130, a Hercules based tanker for the F-16's and PAF possible for the choppers?

Neo, my friend, the KC-130s use the drogue/probe/basket system while the F-16 and most, if not all, USAF birds use the boon system present on the KC-135 and KC-10. (Also, as I am sure you are aware, the jet-engined fighters (such as the F/A-18s in the picture) have to slow down a great deal to link up with the KC-130 since it is a turboprop aircraft.) The KC-130s could be used with any future choppers that use the probe and basket system; it could also be used with the JF-17, since according to the info and pics from IDEAS 2006, the JF-17 will use the probe system. Now, for the F-16s, the KC-767 or the A330 MRTT could be options, but I think that cost might be quite significant factors with these tankers.

:D :pakistan:

Originally posted by solid snake
Well, to have the benifit of Israeli systems we need to recognize them first, are there any signs that Pakistan might establish diplomatic relations with them in the foreseeable future?

There was a report on the BBC World Service a couple of years ago about some low-mid-level
meetings between Pakistani and Israeli Foreign Ministry people. Those reports generated some speculation about whether Pakistan was going to recognize Israel, but nothing else happened (as far as I know). At the moment, in my humble view, it does not seem that Pakistan will recognize Israel.

:D

Originally posted by Thunder
What about AWACS?

Well, the PAF will have a number of Saab 2000 ERIEYE AWACS aircraft, and as announced when the Chinese president visited Pakistan and in IDEAS 2006, Pakistan will develop AWACS aircraft with China. The PN will have the P-3Cs with the Hawkeye 2000 suite on them, but I think those will be for naval purposes (please elaborate if different).

:yahoo:

Well as of now you cannot count in J-10. PAF would have more than handfull while inducting the refurbished F-16s, new F-16 s and the new JF-17. Can Any airforce induct more than 2 kind of planes in such numbers at such a short notice. Mind you PAF is small AF with say 300 fighters and they are inducting close to 240 fighters at one go under the current signed contracts. So i feel J-10 will ahve to wait atleast till 2012.

Bull,
I'l recommend the AFM June edition, the 7 page exclusive report on PAF is quite a revelation.

PAF seminar concludes
http://www.thepost.com.pk/IsbNewsT.aspx?dtlid=102680&catid=17
Staff Reporter
Islamabad: A two-day seminar on "Future of Air Power" held at the Air Headquarters in the federal capital concluded Saturday.

Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, Chief of the Air Staff, was the chief guest while Air Marshal Shahid Lateef, the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations), and a large number of PAF officers attended the seminar. Speaking on the occasion, the air chief emphasised upon strengthening air force quoting the saying of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, "A country without a strong Air Force is at the mercy of any aggressor."

"Pakistan must build up air force as quickly as possible. It must be an efficient air force, second to none," he added. He said, "The primary role of Air Force is to prevent war which ensures peace and stability. The PAF's fundamental job is to deter war and that is only possible through preparedness. "

He said the air power was becoming more and more dominant and the importance of the air power could be realised at all levels.

He said," "We have to think pragmatically and unconventionally in this era of hi-tech weaponry." Referring the PAF development programme he said THE PAF was in a state of transition and this huge task was to be accomplished with utmost care.

He said the PAF would continue to be efficient and hard hitting air force." In the opening remarks Air Marshal Shahid Lateef highlight the vital role of air power in the changing global scenario.

During the seminar senior PAF officers delivered their presentations on various aspects pertaining to future of air power especially with the reference of Pakistan Air Force.

Navtec training: The National Vocational and Technical Education Commission (Navtec) has decided to provide support to the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions (TVETs) which are running courses relevant to market needs.

The main objective is to create additional capacity to train unemployed educated youth in the sectors facing skills shortage, an official said here Saturday. He said the commission was pursuing a strategy to increase training capacity in technical and vocational education from exiting 300,000 to 1 million annually by 2010.

He said the Navtec was providing financial and technical assistance for creation of additional training capacity. "The Navtec's energies are also dedicated to develop national occupational skills standards, curricula and trade testing certification systems for all sectors in which technical education and vocational training is imparted", he added.

Bull,
I'l recommend the AFM June edition, the 7 page exclusive report on PAF is quite a revelation.

I agree. The goal of the PAF is to maintain a 400 aircraft inventory. JF-17s, F-16s and J-10s all have a part to play along with additional transport, AEWCS and IFR platforms.

i was waiting for such a news ...... actually breaking news ........... paf has finaly got the righ ways ....... paf second to none

i think instead of us buying more f-16's we should go with a EURO-fighter i think that is an awsome plane and that will i think give us an edge over india.

you are right f-16 is way old they should look after new tecnology like euro-fighter
but euro cost more then f-16 and pak always go for cheap fighter like f-16

i think instead of us buying more f-16's we should go with a EURO-fighter i think that is an awsome plane and that will i think give us an edge over india.

what about the training & infrastructure cost?

you are right f-16 is way old they should look after new tecnology like euro-fighter

The tech in the latest bloc of F-16 good enough to what it has to come up with in S Asia right now.

Consider the UAE who buy the most modern equipment like Leclerc MBTs who bought F16s despite being capable of affording to buy Eurofighters

guys its not like changing a car. Do you think it took PAF one day to think of JF-17 NO.
It is easy to say lets buy EURO-FIGHTER but the tecnology transfer/Human factor will cost a lot.

Back
Top Bottom