What's new

Featured Pakistan and Uzbekistan deny US military bases for Afghan mission

The price for buying a Bajwa is not much, I am sure US can put up a Price Bajwa won't refuse.

The only reason the US is asking for bases is to keep the hawks and Pentagon happy. To be honest, no base is needed. Like I said many times before, it's in the best interests of the regional players to ensure that Afghanistan doesn't become a sanctuary for terrorism.

The US will intervene if it needs to.

Putting aside your attempted whataboutery, all funds transferred to Pakistan for its services were recorded in the appropriate ledgers.

(Just so you know, the Iraqi cash was not US-sourced. The alleged $3T missing was nothing more than a failure of the DoD to meet updated audit guidelines, and fixed. And the Geneva Convention applies to uniformed soldiers, not stateless terrorists. The lack of integrity is not on my side, clearly.)

Alas, the US has such a thing called the black budget, where bribes can be paid without oversight, as it's classified. This is how CIA doles out money to Afghan warlords and other unsavory types.

well waar is comingto pakistan watch my word and it will be a masive waar and india and israel will be together

im hearing that from"i guess , since the day i was born" they have revoked article 370 and we have not done anything . Neither india nor Pakistan will go to war.

Alas, the US has such a thing called the black budget, where bribes can be paid without oversight, as it's classified. This is how CIA doles out money to Afghan warlords and other unsavory types.

Classified it may be, but there is ALWAYS oversight. And records. Besides, it takes two to tango. CIA by itself cannot do anything.

Classified it may be, but there is ALWAYS oversight. And records. Besides, it takes two to tango. CIA by itself cannot do anything.
Yes we see how effectively the US does its oversight of Police departments with Qualified Immunity and a culture of non-accountability (let alone the CIA). Below is a perfect example of accountability. Police literally bombed a poor black neighborhood killing 11 people including 5 children (while undertaking a law enforcement action). Not in some "tribal or border badlands". But in the heart of one of its greatest cities Philadelphia. Where was the accountability? Nowhere.

Not sure why VCheng feel to defend the indefensible argument. BTW I am not saying there should be full blanket accountability either. Sometime the intel world has to be left without oversight for it to be effective. Internal oversight is fine, but external or civ oversight does not always work. Again my argument is not that the US is bad, just that everyone's "sh*t" stinks and US "sh*t" does not smell like roses. So lets be honest with our arguments. Making one part seem like the devil while projecting yourself as some saint is a ruse few are willing to buy.

1621019482017.png

The only oversight is after the fact: either through the media or declassification of files.

WHATABOUTERY.

Now, please stay on topic in this thread, thanks. I have already made my point.
US policies are full of holes, hypocrisy and expediency. US is no better or no worse than the other guy. Infact I would argue that fact that you wear the mantle of humanity/human rights and then enable or allow things to happen on your watch speaks to a deeper pathology. And no matter how many times your type (uncle toms) with the Bobby Jindal syndrome will attempt to add fog to an issue - it wont work (I say this with respect as uncle Toms led good lives, and Bobby Jindal was a governor). The gig is over. People are too directly integrated with information to be made fools of all the time. Eventually people can see right through all of the lies, deceit and hypocrisy.

Again my only point is "No better, no worse". Same as everyone else.
The only oversight is after the fact: either through the media or declassification of files.
Or making movies decades later showing the white man's burden and how bad he feels. "Dance with Wolves" perfect example. The catharsis psychos need to keep functioning like they are normal. The wife abuser who beats his wife and then occasionally gives her the 10 min tenderness telling her how he loves her and how she made him hit her. That is the US foreign and internal policies against people of color, minorities and different religions.

Last edited:

The oversight is constant, but the public knows when it is declassified after a set period of time. At USA does that, unlike other great powers. How many other countries have something like the FOIA even comparably effective?

Relevant to the current topic, details of Afghan operations will be released eventually and make for some interesting reading, no doubt. Interestingly, how do we even know that USA is asking for bases in Pakistan other than unverified claims from dubious quarters?

Those funds were given by the US State to the Pakistani State. How they were handled on the books by Pakistan is their internal matter. USA has records of the taxpayer's money sent. By US law bribes cannot be given, and anyone approving such a deal would be in jail.
Any funds given to pakistani state are open book..values less then 16b with almost same amount not reimbursed for services provided because USA can do so...
Funds given by CIA arent
I am surpised u dont know that

Any funds given to pakistani state are open book..values less then 16b with almost same amount not reimbursed for services provided because USA can do so...
Funds given by CIA arent
I am surpised u dont know that

What funds were given by CIA? Is there any proof of such an allegation? Who are supposed to have received such funds on the Pakistani side, if this claim is true?

Pakistani generals will allow them. They are very loyal to them.

Back
Top Bottom