What's new

Pakistan anticipates surplus electricity in mid-2018

Work under CPEC is also being done on transmission lines (http://www.cpec.gov.pk/project-details/18), but it does sound a bit fantastical at the moment to claim there will be surplus electricity in 2018. That is just over a year away. Lets wait and see, but wouldnt be surprised if this is the usual politicians making over exaggerated claims to bolster their own image.

I seriously doubt that the country's long-running energy problem will be solved in two years. CPEC will eventually solve the issue, but it won't happen by 2018. Many of the energy-related projects are slated to be completed later then that.

Other than Karachi and Gwadar, Yes

Is Karachi doing better?

We will overcome that but what about Kunda system and electricity theft ? we should remove these pylons and wires make it underground similar to Islamabad in other cities.

@Zibago @django @Mentee so how's the situation now? is it really six hours of load shedding?
In Hyderabad it's 6 hours of load shedding...
And sometimes even less than this.....

We will overcome that but what about Kunda system and electricity theft ? we should remove these pylons and wires make it underground similar to Islamabad in other cities.
In Hyderabad HESCO has replaced bare conductor with cable so no kundas now....

We cannot have surplus electricity for another 20-30 years given that our economy grows reasonably. If the economy is come to standstill then certainly we can have the surplus electricity which is going to be a bad news

We desperately need to grow the total electricity production to 100,000mw as we can easily consume this number given the fact not entire Pakistan is still connected with Electricity grids and none oc the cities are getting enough electricity. Once our economy grows at 6% and above we would need more n more electricity to meet the demand of household and industrial sector.

@Zibago @django @Mentee so how's the situation now? is it really six hours of load shedding?

Well in lahore its 8-10 depending on areas. For example some areas have it down to 6 whilst some areas like chuburji area has about 10-12.
.sheikhupura the district neighbour of lahore district has about 6 hour loadshedding.

This is miles miles miles better than the horror of PPP era loadshedding which was 14-16 hours in sheikhupura and 12-14 hours in lahore especially in chuburji area. Man I remember. From 9 to 4 and then from 7 to 12 and afterwards its one hour come and one hour gone.

In Islamabad 6 in Lahore 8-10 in Sialkot rural 12

Pakistan Installed Capacity - 22,000 MW
India Installed Capacity - 300,000 MW

Pakistan population is 1/6th of India, so ideally you must have around 30-40K MW even if not 100K.

Here in metro, I don't see any load shedding. Forget metro, even at my home town which is very small get no load shedding.

@ali_raza

bhai would quote something from history, would like u to tell whom I am talkng about

''even the enemy strikes at the back , but never on the belly''

I do not remember the words verbatim.
It was said by Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan or Dada Bhai Naroji
they said it in context of british , whi destroyed our indegenous small scale industries

We will not let our govt do any such act bhai .

But we will certainly use it to pressurise you guys to act against terrorists.

I will believe it when i see it. This is coming from someone who has a generator, UPS, rechargeable fans and solar panels installed. Oh, i cant forget the not functioning biogas tank thing either(for generator).

Back
Top Bottom