What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

How would IR guided compare with laser guided, which is better ?
Laser guided requires hard training of the operator to keep the flying target within the laser bucket, but then it is very difficult to jam.

IR requires less training, is fire and forget, but can be effected by flares etc.

The LY80EV "Extended version" was formally shown today at a 6th Sept Expo at a certain Cantt in Punjab. Several batteries were received early this year.

@PanzerKiel judging by the EV TEL having certain components only found on HQ16FE TEL one I believe PA acquired export version of FE. Any idea on max range.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Signalian

The LY80EV "Extended version" was formally shown today at a 6th Sept Expo at a certain Cantt in Punjab. Several batteries were received early this year.

@PanzerKiel judging by the EV TEL having certain components only found on HQ16FE TEL one I believe PA acquired export version of FE. Any idea on max range.

It could be the 70 km-range HQ-16B.

Supposedly FE was an export version of HQ-16 series in Mid to Long range category ....

Supposedly FE was an export version of HQ-16 series in Mid to Long range category ....
At IDEAS EXPO 22, Chinese weren't offering HQ16A for sale anymore. Rather HQ16B (70km) was new base line LY80.
HQ16FE wasn't marketed there but its likely with the above case LY80-ER would be the HQ16FE (160km). See image from expo.
Screenshot_20230907-012044.png

70.png
LY70
Combat Vehicle (Left) and Firing Vehicle (Right). Chinese seem to have built prototypes for customer testing already.

Back
Top Bottom