What's new

Pakistan Army jawan in action in Balochistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see is an enraged Pakistani FC officer, who is infact angry for all the right reasons and talking improving peoples lives.
Whats wrong with this?

What a bully!
All he has done is raised his voice to get the people to listen to him. People are free to leave, no one is being coerced. Your definition of bully is really rap one.

What a bully!

Unfortunately Sir with the utmost respect, i would have to disagree with you.

The Officer speaking is perfectly right, and i am glad the FC is using the stick. These damn bureaucrats and local politicians squander all the money, fail to perform their duties and in the end expect the Army to fix all the problems. I am glad the Officer set them straight, and scolded the local politicians for failing to perform their job. When corruption is infested in every civilian department, there is a limit to the patience of the Army. You can see the Officer scolding them that all the civic work will be done under Army supervision, because these damn toads squander all the money.

JUI-F the most incompetent group among Pukhtoons. The FC officer is right but expecting anything from these lazy bastards is asking for a miracle.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Sir with the utmost respect, i would have to disagree with you.

The Officer speaking is perfectly right, and i am glad the FC is using the stick. These damn bureaucrats and local politicians squander all the money, fail to perform their duties and in the end expect the Army to fix all the problems. I am glad the Officer set them straight, and scolded the local politicians for failing to perform their job. When corruption is infested in every civilian department, there is a limit to the patience of the Army. You can see the Officer scolding them that all the civic work will be done under Army supervision, because these damn toads squander all the money.

While I thank you for your support of the soldier's integrity and honesty, that sums up Pakistan's problems in one short, sharp lesson. That the Army believes that it has a monopoly of virtue, and that it has the role of umpire and inspector of local political integrity and honesty. That an officer in uniform may take the lot to task with impunity, with no fear of consequences. It was shocking for somebody used to seeing civilian control over the armed forces.

I also understand that the point may seem alien, almost incomprehensible, in your context.

We call it in Punjabi
Danda peer eyy vigday tigdayaan da means Stick makes the thugs obedient and disciplined.

Depends on whom you see as the thug in the case.

He's being a bully for telling them to get their lazy asses up and start to work on your districts, instead of relying on the Army to do everything?

Not his to say. He should stick to what he is supposed to do, defend his country.

Are you serious? Ever tried to reason/converse with a Pakhtun? This is the way they talk. All very normal. :lol:

Ah.

My mistake.

So it was a reasoned discourse on the philosophy and practice of local self-government, delivered by a soldier-statesman.

A large number of Pakistani friends have been at haste to assure me that the matter is perfectly in order; a bluff, honest soldier in uniform is delivering a dressing down to a lazy bunch of politicians who expect the Army to do everything for their constituencies that they should be doing. I am left savouring this moment of truth.

That is the point of view that made General Musharraf explain to a television interviewer that 'democracy had not been tailored to Pakistan's circumstances'.

Indeed.

It refurbishes my dented faith in Indian democracy. Do continue, dear neighbours.

No one was killed or maimed, can't say the same for Indian held Kashmir though.

Not relevant and an absurd argument. No soldier hectors a Kashmiri politician. It is the other way around most of the time.

Are you serious? Ever tried to reason/converse with a Pakhtun? This is the way they talk. All very normal. :lol:

I am Pukhtoon, i don't talk like that, only illiterate JUI-F people talk like that, don't merge these people in with all Pukhtoons

Ah.

My mistake.

So it was a reasoned discourse on the philosophy and practice of local self-government, delivered by a soldier-statesman.

A large number of Pakistani friends have been at haste to assure me that the matter is perfectly in order; a bluff, honest soldier in uniform is delivering a dressing down to a lazy bunch of politicians who expect the Army to do everything for their constituencies that they should be doing. I am left savouring this moment of truth.

That is the point of view that made General Musharraf explain to a television interviewer that 'democracy had not been tailored to Pakistan's circumstances'.

Indeed.

It refurbishes my dented faith in Indian democracy. Do continue, dear neighbours.

Not relevant and an absurd argument. No soldier hectors a Kashmiri politician. It is the other way around most of the time.
Law and order being enforced by the military (deployed by the central government) in cut-off areas. Is this something unheard of for a student of history such as yourself? This is the way things have been run and will have to be run until these areas are mainstreamed. The gentleman sitting on the chair was probably a tribal elder, not an officeholder. This is Pakistan's wild west. One cannot compare it to West Bengal and Punjab.

Law and order being enforced by the military (deployed by the central government) in cut-off areas. Is this something unheard of for a student of history such as yourself? This is the way things have been run and will have to be run until these areas are mainstreamed. The gentleman sitting on the chair was probably a tribal elder, not an officeholder. This is Pakistan's wild west. One cannot compare it to West Bengal and Punjab.

You forget - it is natural - that we have our wild east. Conditions were as severely under-administered; in many places, they still are. It was not law and order being enforced in the video, according to all the feedback I have got from very puzzled, sometimes offended, Pakistani posts; it was public duty and public morality being emphasised. And that was the cold water bucket of water in the face for an Indian observer. I am very glad I was fortunate enough to see it.

All I see is an enraged Pakistani FC officer, who is infact angry for all the right reasons and talking improving peoples lives.
Whats wrong with this?

All he has done is raised his voice to get the people to listen to him. People are free to leave, no one is being coerced. Your definition of bully is really rap one.

Yes, I can see what you have described, the freedom to leave, the freedom from coercion. And the freedom of consequences of leaving and of brushing aside any implicit coercion. Crystal clear.

Hogaya tumhara? Ab chalo shabash tittar bittar hojao@

Try not to be cheeky and insolent.

And to you, punk, I am 'aap', not 'tum'.

Atleast he didn't use the pallet gun ...............
BAN INDIAN MOVIES CHANNELS COMMERCIALS DISH TV GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE BECAUSE SINCE DAY ONE INDIA ROOT CAUSE OF CREATING BLUNDERS FOR PAKISTAN,Pakistan need changes in corrupt politicians foreign policies ,need only Patriotic media, icbm, naval war ship, missile shield, also nuclear sub marines, these crook cunning wicked modi supporter cult hindus devils root cause of all criminal activities in asia need a life long lesson pthan kot mumbai blast uri attack all self made propagandas just support all that organisations which need freedom from india kill modi if he dies the whole asia will be in peace all goons criminals will die which india spread on daily bases in neighbouring countries gujrat butcher u can never trust back stabber hindus till they are alive, so if they ever gonna target pak so pak must target all three countries so people remember them in history,FINISH MQM COMPLETELY, india israel afghanistan common interests against pak because today all india is doing on the signals of usa who don't see atrocities of india in balochistan tribal areas of pak kashmir srilanka burma but see even very minor things of pak even not did clear discrimination must be stopped nawaz sharif can do several speeches to cover his thefts of panama but no speech on LOC issues indian raw criminals and constantly shouting there could some thing happen in imran khan gatherings all game of noon party to harm army and imran GOD bless Pakistan.

Indians if you don't know the issue then don't bark.

The army personal did a good against these uneducated mullahs.

While I thank you for your support of the soldier's integrity and honesty, that sums up Pakistan's problems in one short, sharp lesson. That the Army believes that it has a monopoly of virtue, and that it has the role of umpire and inspector of local political integrity and honesty. That an officer in uniform may take the lot to task with impunity, with no fear of consequences. It was shocking for somebody used to seeing civilian control over the armed forces.

You are looking to much in to it, thats how normal Pakistanis talk. First the emotional blackmail (hum tumare liye jan day de ghe) and then long speech. I will hardly call it bullying, if anything officer was more respectfull then JUI-F politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom