What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Generally, both claim it. Its an honor for both. Like if you do something good, then your parents, your teachers and friends all feel honored.
Yes that is if you've been attached to another unit from parent, for instance Captain Karnal Sher Khan was from Sind Regt and volunteered for NLI regt during KoP. However in case of SSG you are assigned from your parent units and spend limited tenure in the force.

For example, if an officer joins SSG from AK Regt, and after a certain tenure he reverts back. Then he takes part in an action with his parent unit and is awarded SJ. Will both add it in their tally?

Or if he is posted to FC KP from parent unit and is awarded SBt with it. Will all three add his award in their tally?

Yes that is if you've been attached to another unit from parent, for instance Captain Karnal Sher Khan was from Sind Regt and volunteered for NLI regt during KoP. However in case of SSG you are assigned from your parent units and spend limited tenure in the force.

For example, if an officer joins SSG from AK Regt, and after a certain tenure he reverts back. Then he takes part in an action with his parent unit and is awarded SJ. Will both add it in their tally?

Or if he is posted to FC KP from parent unit and is awarded SBt with it. Will all three add his award in their tally?
Yes, they all will. Its something normal. One of my unit's SJ is claimed by another unit as well. We claim it since he was commissioned in us, the other unit claims because he attained shahadat being part of them.

Capt Bilal Zafar, SSG. His parent unit and Cdo unit both include him in their honors.

Yes, they all will. Its something normal. One of my unit's SJ is claimed by another unit as well. We claim it since he was commissioned in us, the other unit claims because he attained shahadat being part of them.

Capt Bilal Zafar, SSG. His parent unit and Cdo unit both include him in their honors.
Interesting because Mitha, the first commander of the SSG, went on to be awarded HJ, but the SSG only includes the HJ of Capt Iqbal in it's tally.

No PR- 61/2020-ISPR
Rawalpindi - April 13, 2020

Pakistan Army training aircraft Mushshak on routine training mission crashed near Gujrat this morning. Both pilots Major Umer (Instructor Pilot) resident of Gujrat, and Lieutenant Faizan (Student Pilot) resident of Kalar Kahar, Chakwal embraced Shahadat.
Major Umer survived by wife.

Its because, after 1971, Gen Mitha was stripped of all his medals and honors, thats why.
Thanks for the replies. I was reviewing an SSG documentary which stated that the Group had got 72 operational gallantry awards (HJ,SJs,TJs) hence was wondering if these were all earned by serving men or included those who had reverted.

Guys did yesterday Army Chief and ISI head met Imran Khan ??? Because I am receiving reports of such meeting and warid thing is there is no news on media

Guys did yesterday Army Chief and ISI head met Imran Khan ??? Because I am receiving reports of such meeting and warid thing is there is no news on media
Some thinks it has to US taliban talk at Doha

Yes there was a meeting. Probably involved discussion on both the Eastern & Western fronts. Today COAS met Amb Khalilzad & Gen Miller. So that may explain the meeting held last night.

The SS Group has been decorated with the following operational gallantry awards since existence:

1 x Hilal-e-Jurat
27 x Sitara-e-Jurat
44 x Tamgha-e-Jurat https://t.co/ViM2yrd4SV
IMG_20200415_135931.jpeg

No PR- 65/2020-ISPR
Rawalpindi, April 14, 2020

Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation & General Austin Scott Miller, Commander Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan called on General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) at GHQ, today.

During the meeting, matters of mutual interest, overall regional security situation including Afghan refugees issue / Afghan reconciliation process were discussed. COAS emphasised that amidst COVID-19 situation , we should not lose track of hard earned achievements for Afghan Peace Process and Peace & stability in the region. He also updated the visitors on Pakistan Government’s efforts for peace and PM's call for international community to help alleviate the issues confronting developing world in present circumstances

Back
Top Bottom