What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I'd still back Turkey's indigenous turboshaft engine.

Yes, let's say it's 5-7 years away from serial production and a serviceable attack helicopter (T129 or T629). But it's opportunity to enter a helicopter supply chain and, by trusting Turkey so early in the process (when the engine is not mature, when it's untested) we can make a case for transfer-of-technology, production sharing, etc.

Let's buck bad habits (e.g., rush imports, hard currency outflows, no local industry development, etc).

For serisi production of TS1400, 2025 was not correct, it was a year that was said by examining the development program long ago. The next process depends entirely on the testing performance of the helicopter, and many parts of the licensed T700s come from outside, so it can take a long time to produce, but for the Ts1400, this will not be a problem. But considering the integration to the helicopter and the risk of desired efficiency, the China road is still much more logical for Pakistan.

Unfortunately, technology transfer is not that easy for countries like us. For example, helicopter self defense systems developed by Aselsan emerged with the knowledge gained from the Spews II project. And the America I know has already banned them for a 3rd party country (especially if it's not a nato member). The same may have happened with Leoanrdo, yes, we say that we developed the T625 - T629 series ourselves, but the Agusta project is a $ 3 billion project and a lot of know-how was received from this project, especially for dynamic parts.

For serisi production of TS1400, 2025 was not correct, it was a year that was said by examining the development program long ago. The next process depends entirely on the testing performance of the helicopter, and many parts of the licensed T700s come from outside, so it can take a long time to produce, but for the Ts1400, this will not be a problem. But considering the integration to the helicopter and the risk of desired efficiency, the China road is still much more logical for Pakistan.

Unfortunately, technology transfer is not that easy for countries like us. For example, helicopter self defense systems developed by Aselsan emerged with the knowledge gained from the Spews II project. And the America I know has already banned them for a 3rd party country (especially if it's not a nato member). The same may have happened with Leoanrdo, yes, we say that we developed the T625 - T629 series ourselves, but the Agusta project is a $ 3 billion project and a lot of know-how was received from this project, especially for dynamic parts.
I mean ToT for understanding how to manufacture, manage supply chains, and supply inputs back to Turkey. I don't expect Turkey to give over its R&D IP, but I do like the idea of Turkish and Pakistani labs working together on future R&D initiatives.

I'd still back Turkey's indigenous turboshaft engine.

Yes, let's say it's 5-7 years away from serial production and a serviceable attack helicopter (T129 or T629). But it's opportunity to enter a helicopter supply chain and, by trusting Turkey so early in the process (when the engine is not mature, when it's untested) we can make a case for transfer-of-technology, production sharing, etc.

Let's buck bad habits (e.g., rush imports, hard currency outflows, no local industry development, etc).

Sir,

we will keep relying in US made technologies. this is for sure.

Did we returned it back to America or did we used/researched it.
As far as I know Pak did return the parts. However, miniscule parts are required to study the materials science of the stuffs used in that chopper. The surface curvatures could also be well documented along with other "tricks"....

As far as I know Pak did return the parts. However, miniscule parts are required to study the materials science of the stuffs used in that chopper. The surface curvatures could also be well documented along with other "tricks"....
Then we can say that those "tricks" can be used as it is believed that Chinese have benefited of Tomahawk Missile recovered by Pakistan

We did return it but one hour detail study and examination of a part is enough to learn atleast something. And also these things are kept classified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom