What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

If the weight of the tank is 52 tons, then a 1300HP engine gives it a power to weight ratio of 25 (same as AlKhalid). That's pretty good. Infact it's almost as high as it gets for tanks anywhere in the world. And considering the opposition it's excellent. No indian tank even comes near. So I would agree that 1500HP engine is not needed, especially if it comes at the cost of other parameters as you mentioned.
HB 150 engine can be fine tuned between 1200 HP and 1500 HP. It depends on the balance of life span and mobility.

we started building Al Khalid Tank in 1998, after 22 years, we cant even able to upgrade it, or develop newer version? is that is our capability of RnD?

Retirement figures from present older tanks, which simply can't be filled by the Al-Khalid (newer model), the production rate has also been very slow over the years. It also makes no economic sense to import such a small number for a higher price, and of course the grape vine, not everything has a source, even sources have been wrong over the years e.g. from the press.

Last edited:
we started building Al Khalid Tank in 1998, after 22 years, we cant even able to upgrade it, or develop newer version? is that is our capability of RnD?
You think its so easy to upgrade a tank to competitive next gen level from data sharing, fire control, power pack, armour to firepower?

Its easy to build a tank but not easy to reach a world class level.

Retirement figures from present older tanks, which simply can't be filled by the Al-Khalid (newer model), the production rate has also been very slow over the years. It also makes no economic sense to import such a small number for a higher price, and of course the grape vine, not everything has a source, even sources have been wrong over the years e.g. from the press.

course i get you but i wanted to share this further hence why i wanted a source since i was going to get asked for one. No biggie though

hehehe do we seriously think someone will post Brig so and so of so and so unit :p i think there are people on these forums who have track record of reporting authentic news, as far as i am concerned that's more valuable than "my chacha ka larka who is in army" :)

You think its so easy to upgrade a tank to competitive next gen level from data sharing, fire control, power pack, armour to firepower?

Its easy to build a tank but not easy to reach a world class level.

that why i wrote RnD, Research and Development.

Shouldn't the AZs which are to be replaced by Vt4 be provided to some inf divs to form armd brigades instead of a single regiment. It would be a mistake if they send these to western front

I wonder if there will be a development the main gun department. after the revelation of Rheinmetall 130mm gun, maybe its time to push for beyond 125mm

I think Russia and China have tested larger caliber gun on their tanks but did not proceed further as it was not required, but they do have capacity to built one when required.

Back
Top Bottom