What's new

Pakistan begins talks with US for more F-16 and may be one more Oliver Hazard Class Frigate.

Side note: They're F-16s, so they're automatically gonna make India worried. In other words, the US approved this deal even if it compromises its relationship with India. My question is what was promised by whom, and how will it affect Pakistan's geopolitical/economic standing. Personally, I have a feeling this may have to do with the Ukraine-Russia war.
As for the USA, the road to the Central Asia passes through Pak. And, they want to leverage the Ukranian war to lure the CA republics out of the Russian orbit as much as possible when it's still hot....

Hey retard, why did Pakistan buy J-10Cs and than more advanced F-16s? :D
Yes. PAF is trying to maintain an open front on not limiting themselves to one OEM only and that too on one country.

PAF knows better in terms of acquisition and requirements, their current J-10 in service had to go through a lot of developments.

Yes. PAF is trying to maintain an open front on not limiting themselves to one OEM only and that too on one country.

PAF knows better in terms of acquisition and requirements, their current J-10 in service had to go through a lot of developments.
I still think the J-10C is now a better choice than American F-16s.

J-10C is comparable to F-16s in capabilities.

Never buy American crap again.

We should cooperate with China, since it is a rising Superpower,

and some intellectuals say it is already the world's largest economy in Nominal GDP.

The OHP is preferred in terms of operator friendliness and maintenance over the F-22P.

Jordanian aircraft do have service life in them and commonality to existing aircraft. Surplus USAF stock will take a bit of integrating versus them.

The biggest advantage the F-16 brings is what none of members seem to ever understand.

A F-16 bought today can land in Pakistan, be refuelled and refitted to perform a combat air patrol the same day. It is that well integrated into combat doctrine and ecosystem.

Unfortunately, Pakistanis are generally not smart enough and as @nahtanbob pointed out - they don’t even know who to fight and what for. Just want to hate and kill everyone and everything they see randomly out of mental breakdown frustration because they don’t know any better.

If it means the F-16 and anyone speaking in favor of why it still works - so be it.

And why should we waste funds in aquiring Block A/B when we can get Chinese J10C , close to Block C/D

Instead of getting a de-armed OHP frigate we can get fully armed Type 054 Frigate with vertical Launcher system

Pakistan does not hates anyone , all the Hippies (It is a term I personally do not like to use against Americans who dislike war) peace lovers used to come to Pakistan to enjoy our hospitality before war started in Afghanistan

If 40 F22 Raptors are available for sale then by all means open a thread on PDF
In 2022 , F16 is not our top most priority, we had a massive flood in country this year

New Government under Honorable Imran Khan will decide, if we need to focus on Flood relief effort as priority or purchasing Old F16

We already have enough fighter Jets

2022 Inshallah new government formed (Our National Priority)
2023 Economy/Reconstruction effort/Human Rights Reforms (Our National Priority)
2024 Economy/Reconstruction effort/Human Rights Reforms (Our National Priority)

2025 we discuss F16 , F22 Raptor or J10C

Last edited:
Acquiring any front line piece of hardware from the US is complete naïveté.

What is wrong with our thinking and policy makers. I am not making an argument that these particular F16s are good or not good, or whether they are better or not better than a J10C (we don't even know the blocks and airframe life left, spares, kits, and armaments).

My argument is purely predicated on the lack of reliability of US as a military supplier.

My argument is also predicated on the US' complete alignment on all fronts with our arch enemy India, in terms of socio-economic, political and military. Our number 1 threat is from the East , and buying equipment from a strategic ally to that enemy is akin to buying equipment from the neighbor in the East.

US and Indian alignment is thick as thieves. I don't want to express and give details of the deep nature of this alignment, but if only people knew that would just grab their heads in astonishment (it extends in all facets). Bring in the little Sparta on the Mediterranean, and its deep arrangement with India, and you begin to see the trifecta of this alliance. It covers economic, policy, fiscal, immigration, military, nuclear, energy, cyber, and culture.

Are we as a nation willing to take the same excuse that was given to us in 1965, as one of the reasons why we did not see through a complete victory was the US and Europeans suspending spares. Those days were far different and contemporary times are far more dangerous for us and our survival.

Buying any advanced military gear from the US is just pure and simple a bad policy decision. We should have learn't our lesson in 1965.

And why should we waste funds in aquiring Block A/B when we can get Chinese J10C , close to Block C/D

Instead of getting a de-armed OHP frigate we can get fully armed Type 054 Frigate with vertical Launcher system

Pakistan does not hates anyone , all the Hippies (It is a term I personally do not like to use against Americans who dislike war) peace lovers used to come to Pakistan to enjoy our hospitality before war started in Afghanistan

In 2022 , F16 is not our top most priority, we had a massive flood in country this year

New Government under Honorable Imran Khan will decide, if we need to focus on Flood relief effort as priority or purchasing Old F16

I think Pakistan will used them more as mothball or spare. They know now is best opportunity to get when current r/s is still good. If the price is cheap and right. I don't see how this deal can be bad for Pakistan. Pakistan expect the F-16 and ex perry Oliver class frigate to serve another decade or more.

I don't see any Defense article purchase till "2025" possible in current economic crisis

The old deals will Take course

Airforce
>J17-Thunder Block III
>J10C

Navy
> The 2 Type054
> The 2 Turkish Corvettes
> Sea Sultan
> 8 Submarines

Turkish
> Turkish Chopper deal (On Hold)

"2025" Pakistan will be in position to discuss what can be purchase further to enhance defensive deterrence

Last edited:
He is more corrupt than you can imagine. Those dinky flats are in one of the world's most expensive area, a status symbol. Secondly the news is that they are in the process to get rid of dinky flats and buy a plush estate outside London.

Do you know his son paid £50 million to buy a property in London from Malik Riaz. Everyone knows it, including British Authorities.
I invesigated their sources of income in 2013, before the election, reached to the point, which now everyone knows, i.e. that money for the flats came from their BV company. Had report that Maryam is the main beneficiary shareholder in the company. I got hold of Imran Khan's number, at the time I was in and had contact with many famous Pakistani journalists. I phoned IK , the phone was answered by his Private Secretary, who is no more in the world. I explain to him that the copies of the submitted accounts for the BV companies of Sharifs can be obtained for as little as $3500 with full disclosures. But unfortunately , the man didn't get the implications of what I was saying, and his attitude and tone was so relax, which in plain English can be described as "We don't give a F" , so I just drop the idea, otherwise i was ready to pay the money from my pocket and obtain the information and pass on to IK.

If you look at the accounts of Hassan Nawaz's British companies.
until 2011 accounts, ut shows an outstanding loan of £1.7 million from a close family member which was used to finance the purchase of diff properties in the portfolio. There were Director's assurances that the Loan would not be demanded back in qualified auditor's report. This loan was for bigger amount in the previous years.

Despite the lofty claims of inherited wealth from Grandfather, the reality is that the old man never declared enough income for the extended family to live comfortably rather than build up properties all around the world including in Pakistan. So money has came from somewhere, it is clear it is not from legal means.
See the source of their wealth and then the Fat Controller lying in the parliament. In any other country, he would have been disqualified for life to lie to the nation in their Parliament.

I live in an expensive zipcode. 1.7 million pounds ??
If you want to see looted wealth try the Russian oligarchs. that is a different story

These OHP class frigates (destroyers to some) are great for upgrades and are an effective "Bang-for-the-buck" platform.

Turkish navy upgraded these to current standard by installing Mk. 41 VLS (Sea Sparrow) system, though I don't know if that is in PN plans.

Details:

The OHP class is called the "G" class in Turkish Navy parlance.

Mk. 41 VLS can be adapted to fire more than Sea Sparrows, they can also fire Naval Tomahawks and a host of other naval missiles. Probably Babur as well with some modifications (wink, wink) :-)

Last edited:
The experience to acquire the OHP in past was less than impressive
as the unit we got was heavily stripped, we basically just got a skeleton of ship

This was then modernized with Help from Turkey
Yes, eventually it was modernized but it was a lengthy process to acquire a ship

When we purchased Type 054 the experience was tremendous, as we got a Ship with enhanced capabilities Top of line

F16 (Nice to know we can enhance numbers )
OHP (Nice to know we can get this)

The decisions to acquire F16 or OHP can wait, there is no urgency as we are not at war with any nation

We have some political decions pending it will self-resolve by Democratic Elections
and future purchase would be more or less New Ships

Last edited:
I live in an expensive zipcode. 1.7 million pounds ??
If you want to see looted wealth try the Russian oligarchs. that is a different story

Mayfair Average Prices
Average flat price is £2,339,316. Average house price is £11,950,000, So you have a long way to go. Mayfair is among the most expensive.

As pointed out by SQ8, people who do not understand the basic concept of PLM, supply chain management, implicit and explicit costs linked with acquisition of new technology or machine (J10s etc.) are the ones who are against the acquisition of F16s.

There is underlying concern from critiques that weapons from US are used a leverage on Pakistan however we all need to remember that F16s aren't going anywhere at leat for a decade, Pakistan has some time slot to develop an alternate supplier for her defence needs which is visible by our procurement from China. However for time being we need to maintain a good number of F16s.

But on the other end...........

1667393233425.png

F-16, M113, M109, M198 - Wherever Pakistan get get its hands on these platforms, they will readily gobble them up.
All that is needed is F-16 in country MRO/Overhaul facilities to support long term. Indus Vipers anyone?
Its still there is indus viper on road map ?

Better to get Chinese frigates. Americans have proved to be a treacherous ally.

The experience to acquire the OHP in past was less than impressive
as the unit we got was heavily stripped, we basically just got a skeleton of ship

This was then modernized with Help from Turkey
Yes, eventually it was modernized but it was a lengthy process to acquire a ship

When we purchased Type 054 the experience was tremendous, as we got a Ship with enhanced capabilities Top of line

F16 (Nice to know we can enhance numbers )
OHP (Nice to know we can get this)

The decisions to acquire F16 or OHP can wait, there is no urgency as we are not at war with any nation

We have some political decions pending it will self-resolve by Democratic Elections
and future purchase would be more or less New Ships
We should get the Type 054A frigates from China.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom